WPK-ArmedVeteran

Exporting a vest with multiple textures in Blender (with Arma Toolbox)

Hi!
So, here's my problem, which I haven't found a solution for.
Right now I have a vest model, which consists of 2 objects: the actual vest and a belt. Those two objects have separate materials (and separate UV maps obviously).

p1ldBSn.jpg

Now, exporting them to P3D with Arma Toolbox results in only one object being exported and if I understand right, for Arma to interpret them correctly to assign separate textures to them I need to have separate vertex groups in one object, not two separate objects as I have them now. The following problem applies in both cases, either if the objects are separate or when I merge them and create separate vertex groups: the hidden selection name changes simultanously, regardless of the group (or object if they are separated) I have selected (so for example I select the vest vertex group, change the hidden selection name from "camo" to "camo1" and then select belt vertex group and the hidden selection is the same [meaning it already is named as "camo1"]).

@EDIT Or maybe I understand it in a wrong way? Is it enough if I just have the vertex groups and they will automatically be made separate hidden selections after export?

How can I make it so that it is exportable to P3D, while having separate UVs,  hidden selections and in result separate textures for the belt and the vest?

u need to export 2 different p3d,and then open the both P3D in the object builder.and copy one of the model to the other P3D.(dont't forget to surfaces-smooth edge) BTW,the vest need to draw weight.u can watch this video to learn how to draw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqU3K9m2kMc

• Like 1

Alright, I managed with simply having separate selections for the materials and giving them different textures. No additional parameters needed.