9CAB1970DD80E01E055CB37ACAE6D02A46E64A7B

Hey guys, My Real World Weather mod has been out-of-date for quite sometime.

So I finally got around to updating it to use a new API provider.

Now it uses https://www.weatherstack.com instead of the previous, Wunderground.

Also I've never made a release thread for the mod, so I figured I might as well do one now after the update.

Anyways here it is.

Cheers!

WORKSHOP DOWNLOAD

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879970502

Summary:

•  Integration of a real-time weather API into arma 3.
  •  Grabs Real forecast data from an official reliable Weather Provider.
  •  Uses terrains Real World Counter-part
  •  Predicts future forecasts based on actual weather statistics.
  •  Option to sync time with location.
  •  Adds extra Immersion and Feel
  •  3den Editor Extension (highly customizable module).
  •  Real-time weather Debug console.
  •  32 and 64 bit support
  •  Auto config option included

Keep in mind, This is a weather prediction system and it may not be entirely accurate at times.
(Just like real life weather forecasts).
The system does what it can with the data it's provided and makes calculations based on those.

NOTES:
1. This mod runs on the server side, but is required by clients due to the newly created module.
2. Set Clouds on "Ultra" in video settings for best effects
3. You do need your own API key. You can get one for free at https://www.weatherstack.com

Help/Questions:

Where is the module?
The module is located in the games editor
("Systems" >> "[HZ] Real-World Weather" >> "Real World Weather")

Can I search for my own Weather Stats anywhere in the world?:
Yes!, This System allows for dynamic search query's all over the world.
With your own key simply enter the Country and City you want weather from.
Everything is available to you in a easy to use Module

If you are having issues getting data from the places you want, follow the steps below.

Spoiler

To test if the API is returning the data open your web browser and do the following.
http://api.weatherstack.com/current?access_key=YOURKEY&query=Canada,Toronto

Replace "YOURKEY" with the key you recieved from WeatherStack.
Replace "COUNTRY" with the name of the country, example. Greece
Replace "CITY" with the fullname of the city you are requesting.

Can I search using (Lat, Long) co-ords?
Yes, If you have your own key.
Replace Country with the latitude.
Replace City with the longitude.

What is a API key and do I need one?
Yes, This mod does require you to own a API Key!.
In short, API keys are unique id's which allow access to the Specific data services like Google, Weatherstack etc and are needed to prevent abuse and overload of the systems.
Free API keys are usually limited to (x) amount of calls per hour or per day.
For more info on weather API keys or how to get your own visit.
https://www.weatherstack.com/

Additional Credits

Daithi: Mods logo!

Killzone Kid: Url fetch dll

WORKSHOP DOWNLOAD

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879970502

Pictures

A999E35C35A7A9E2E5725570E2B79283C918973D

64105E65766DAFA55DBC812803FA6A6AB5867C65

F1EA97DCDB697229F6AD7A33B9DD5730E3861FB8

B92CE6DEEC6D78528B2569B48CB94DEE156E7D32

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Just WOW! 

Will be using this on all my missions now, there is no going back from this!

You've got another hit under your belt @hortzy!

Thank yoU!

• Thanks 1

@LSValmont

Thank you!

This mod is one of my personal favorites, so I'm super happy to get it up and running again.

One thing I am currently looking into for future development, Is the ability to grab historical weather data.

Which I think will be beneficial to creators who like to re-create real-life battles or events.

Also I'd like to implement snow effects as-well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hortzy said:

One thing I am currently looking into for future development, Is the ability to grab historical weather data.

I like the sound of that. ^^

• Like 2

Do you think this would be compatible with an ALiVE persistent mission? I.E. could we remove their Ambient Weather module and use this instead?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keIIy said:

Do you think this would be compatible with an ALiVE persistent mission? I.E. could we remove their Ambient Weather module and use this instead?

Ya I don't see why it wouldn't be.

As long as there isn't any scripts or mods running that also alter the weather, then it should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Having issues with dedicated server.
Error in log: Call extension 'url_fetch' could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found.
I unloaded all mods, created a basic mission with the module set, put it on the dedicated server, with only this mod loading and it still doesn't work.
I can get the menu through script but it is blank.
I can fill in the information and populate and the menu appears correct but the weather doesn't change.

If I run it from editor started server it behaves as expected.

@hortzy - Thank you for your time and effort with this mod. I did have a question for you. How can I have 'on the fly' weather for any map?  I run a script with correct settings such as location, key, etc., and have it set the weather. In other words, without using the module. The use of the module limits usage to maps that have this placed.

For example, in the East Wind Campaign:

CurrentWeather.Sqf:

RWW_LocationCountry=lemnos;
RWW_LocationCity=moudros;
RWW_Key=123abc456def
[] spawn RWW_SetWeather;

Then I run [] execVM "CurrentWeather.Sqf" and the weather is set without the need for the module.

The above is just an example.

Also, is there a way to bring up the 'config' menu?  For example, in a script, I put int:  [] execVM "Config_Menu_RWW. Sqf".  This is show I could change how often it updates or even change the location if desired.

It does work and seems to work quite nice, sadly, it is a 'one time' function and I must have the module loaded on every map to use.  Which means, mission like the Bohemia campaigns, this can not be used which really limits it usage,

A 'module free' version or 'listed script calls' would be the best as well as making this mod universal instead of it being 'limited'.  And as a 'low skilled' ARMA scripter, I know it can be done.  As well as someone else has done the same as you without the mods.  Sadly, that mod is now broken for some reason.

Looking forward to your answer and thanks for your answer as well as your time on this mod!

PS - I also ask the above on mod download page  on Steam as well as sent you a friend's request via Steam - Heard nothing on both.

@ghostrobobh - The problem with this is that Exile is usually '3 days' per session.  The weather from this mod is not.  I WAS working on a program which would do exactly what you asked along with setting the time/date to the current time/date, but I stopped.

The time/date function DOES work, not the weather.

You would have to take ANY data (this mod's data or from weather stations data) and convert it and then export it/inject it into the mission file at every server mission restart.  I already do this with the time/date, so it IS possible.

I asked the dev to provide a means to export this data and he has not done such, for EXACTLY what you wanted to do.

😞