Pyrit.

Get to know - Petra Oravcová - Lead UI/UX Designer

Cookie.thumb.png.0f6bb775469642ceb1fd0328d3636fa1.png

▶ What do you do on Vigor?
I'm working as a Lead UI/UX Designer and I'm responsible for the UI of Vigor and overall experience it creates for players interacting with it. 

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?
During the playtests and gaming nights I'm quite an easy target for others so I actively increase the success of my opponents 😄 

▶ What do you like about Vigor?
The tension, uncertainty, and overall atmosphere. That every encounter can be totally different. If you go with an empty backpack, you can still return with the best crate. But I need to mention the environment as I was trekking in that part of Norway and gosh! It really looks like that. Great job level designers! 

▶ What do you want to see in Vigor?
I'm more of a stealthy player and collector, I also like puzzles. Buried caches are a perfect example so I would like to go even further in complexity, connection to lore and required cooperation with your duo partner to solve it successfully. 

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor?
You would probably see me sitting by my crafting desk, fiddling with a rotary tool, wood, foam, paints that would eventually turn into a prop from the gaming world. I’ve always been a crafter but games brought this obsession to a completely new level. Being able to bring an object which you are attached to within a game into life is so satisfactory and challenging at the same time. My favorite pieces are Leviathan Axe of Kratos (God of War), silver sword of Geralt (The Witcher), and Banuk Striker Bow of Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn).

1257673044_image(6).thumb.png.0e75d88ff0530be0f6e66660cc3d940f.png

When I’m tired of sitting I love to go outside. Mountains, camping and high altitude, that’s a real adventure for me. Also I like to spent a good time with my family by making a stone-baked pizza with them  

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?
Definitely. I learned that so many disciplines need to click together to create such a piece of art. I often get caught in thinking about the reasons behind some mechanics, especially UI, how they were done, and how I would actually recreate them by myself. Also, I’m much more tolerant of bugs. 

▶ Your favorite games and why?
Singleplayer action-adventure games where shooting is not a core mechanic or is done in a really good way including aim assist.   I seek games when I want to mostly relax, often I’m a backseat gamer. The Uncharted series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher, Gris are my favorite from the top of my head. All of these have a beautiful environment, amazing music, and story in common. But I also enjoy Resident Evil 2 or 7 if I want to pump my adrenaline. 

▶ What's your favorite music, movie, show, book, and why?
Synthwave genre and soundtracks from games and movies. I’m not a huge movie lover or book worm though. I personally prefer shows as I can have them as background while I’m crafting! Like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Stranger Things or various cooking shows. 

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?
Thank you for playing, your support and feedback, please keep it coming! And even when it sometime looks like we don’t listen, be sure we do. 

▶ You are Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?
I would build my shelter somewhere close to the water and mountains and start farming. 

▶ Bonus question: What is the weirdest/best bug you have encountered in a video game?
It was during the development of Arma 3 mod Argo, there was this bug with super long necks of characters, maybe 1.5 meters long. That couldn’t stop us from playtesting the game modes of course. So imagine you need to be stealthy, move carefully, report any movement of enemies to your team and be super serious. Then suddenly all you see are floating heads above the buildings, sitting on super long necks looking at you like giraffes in a zoo. 😄 

Why not keep it as a simple solo survival game. It worked well.