Sign in to follow this  
stburr91

RELEASED: Ops with Miller

I always wondered what Miller was up to when he would disappear during the campaign, or what kind of "Black Ops" he may have been involved in, so the idea of Ops with Miller was created. 

Ops with Miller is singleplayer project that (hopefully will be a 2-3 missions) follows the exploits of Captain Miller during the lead up to hostilities between the AAF, and NATO. The player will accompany Miller during his "Black Ops" missions on Altis/Stratis.

This  first mission is a two man CTRG sniper team mission. Captain Miller is your team leader as you infiltrate into Altis to eliminate a VIP.  

Ops with Miller

Link to the mission

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2072030601

A two man CTRG sniper mission where Capt. Miller is your team leader. This is a scripted mission, follow Miller's orders as he leads you through AAF controlled territory to your sniping position to eliminate a VIP target. 

Situation

A meeting between the AAF, and FIA is taking place tonight. A VIP will be at this meeting. You are tasked with eliminating the VIP. Infill  will be a paradrop by Blackfish. Move undetected to your sniping position, eliminate the VIP, and exfill. Exfill will a water pick up by a Huron. 

SP Mission
No Mods Required
Mission Play Time is about 40-50 Minutes  

*NOTE* For best experience, follow Miller's orders, and move directly to waypoints when assigned to you. 

Ict7PpN.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, sounds amazing. I played your Informant mission that was so good. This will surely be great!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spotter001 said:

Wow, sounds amazing. I played your Informant mission that was so good. This will surely be great!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Dunes the Informant.

This mission is a little different, it's more scripted. Your job in this mission is to follow Miller, and carry our his orders. There is stealth, sniping, and some fight your way through the enemy game play in this mission.

Here's a pic of the meeting location where your target VIP will be meeting the FIA. 

JoSXh3k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Op was updated to include the Steam page link to the mission.

• Like 1

Very interesting and atmospheric mission. Good scripting skill, a bit of the CoD flavor. Like it!

Hopefully this will develop into a mini campaign;)

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, spotter001 said:

Very interesting and atmospheric mission. Good scripting skill, a bit of the CoD flavor. Like it!

Hopefully this will develop into a mini campaign;)

Thanks, I'm glad to hear you liked it. Yes, CoD4 was some of the inspiration for the mission.  As for "good scripting skill", well, I don't think I know what the heck I'm doing, LoL. Two, and a half years ago I knew absolutely nothing about scripting, so I guess I've come a long way. Heck, if I actually knew something about scripting, I could really make some cool missions.    

I'm working on a part 2 right now. It will be less scripted, giving the player tasks, and giving them more leeway to decide how to carry out said tasks. 

I'm still developing the mission, but there will likely be some stealth gameplay, but the mission will start off with plenty of action (gunfights) so there is some balance to the mission. 

Here's a pic from the mission.

I know, it doesn't make any sense, what's with the stupid white textures, and funky white lasers? 

I promise there won't be cheesy white textures, and it will all make sense when the mission is released.

qRGgYIj.jpg

• Thanks 2