I have permission to finally release the An-28!  The author (Nightintruder) has indicated this must NOT be published on Steam, period.  It CAN be published on Armaholic or "any other means".  So you must know how to properly install mods 🙂 If you do NOT know how to install mods, please consult the sticky posts in this forum.

Copyright 2020 hcpookie.  This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except under the Steam account named hcpookie

From Nightintruder:

Sure, you can release it via Armaholic or Arma3Synch or any other means as long as rights of original authors aren't violated, proper credits were given and the model is freeware, ie. isn't used commercially to include monetization. 

Credits:

Source model and textures - Vadim Duplischev (aka DPL),

model improvements and additional textures - NightIntruder.

A3 port - HCPOOKIE

However, you are asked for reacting on every illegal upload on Steam workshop and mentioning on dl site that upload on Steam is forbidden.

Thanks for understanding and respecting my position on this one.
NI

And now, to the download:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!158884&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

Features cargo PARAJUMP script - open the rear doors to enable the action!

Seats 12 cargo.

LESH towing compatible

Multiple skins available for both military and civilian factions

Support for default vanilla factions, both military and civilian.  Future updates may include CUP, FAP, or other factions depending on feedback.

Some of the skins...An28.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

Congrats on the release, pook!
Just to make it clear - it's not like I hate Steam Workshop or something. I just don't have rights from original author to hand his IP rights over to commercial companies (Steam/Valve). That's why I asked you for alternate way of sharing the port. I hope that people will understand the position and forgive me any inconvenience caused.
By the way, nice work, mate!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Teleporting?

@hcpookie do you have some futuristic talent you're not telling us about?

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Quote by warned user removed

10 hours ago, topden said:

can someone teleport that user of these forums please

• Like 4

I'm confused.  If no one plays my mods then why are they all 4-5 stars and d/l by thousands (literally) on Steam?  OMG it must be fake news... that means he's right.  Everyone, uninstall all my mods right now!  lol

I suspect that's from a google translate so the Teleport must mean porting mods?  I dunno. 

I think he is trying to say that some of my mods don't look as pretty as other mods out there.  Which is fair to say.  Now, I am not a graphic artist and never pretended to be one.  Many of the skins in the planes packs are ported from the original ports (with permission!) and have never been improved.  Every time I try to improve a texture it looks like a 5 year old crayon project. 

So it is what it is - as long as they work then I'm OK.  I would love to get some assistance on skins but no one has never offered to help me.  My mods are all one-man projects, and therefore subject to Real Life constraints.  There are limits to what I can do and for that I am not sorry.  It is just the facts.  However I'm not one to cast stones if something doesn't look as good as a team-based mod that got paid for their efforts. 

• Like 13

I would like to explore some other small planes since they are in very high demand.  I created the Skymaster plane (the twin boom plane) in A2 and it was added to Unsung for FAC purposes.  I could arrange that to be another "light plane mod" but I'm not aware of any others.  I have a mesh of a Grumman seaplane (like in Tales of the Gold Monkey) but I haven't developed it.  And I'm still not sure whether sea planes are feasible any more.  I have a BE-200 in the Soviet planes pack but getting it on the water was tricky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I would like to explore some other small planes since they are in very high demand.  I created the Skymaster plane (the twin boom plane) in A2 and it was added to Unsung for FAC purposes.  I could arrange that to be another "light plane mod" but I'm not aware of any others.  I have a mesh of a Grumman seaplane (like in Tales of the Gold Monkey) but I haven't developed it.  And I'm still not sure whether sea planes are feasible any more.  I have a BE-200 in the Soviet planes pack but getting it on the water was tricky.

Ohh, I loved the original Tales of the Gold Monkey!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well if I keep getting stuck on these marathon concalls I may have to build it up 🙂 Still not sure if it would float correctly... haven't seen many planes work OK on water yet.