AceWonder

In-game event

I was thinking of a in-game event that could create alil spice in the encounters. Like the Airdrop plane that comes in could be shot down out of nowhere and crash on the map and players would have to go the crash site and collect the airdrop. Or there could be a new random helicopter that flies over the map and get shot down which could have valuable loot at its crash site similar to barred house but better.

I like the idea of being able to shoot at the airplane and making it drop the airdrop early. Would make the placement of the airdrop even more strategic.

How about just having the airdrop location being revealed as the plane arrives. This would in effect give outlanders around 30 seconds to get to the drop site and pretty much stop drop camping.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

These are features that would improve the game hence not cost effective - BI

???

11 hours ago, Oldninja said:

How about just having the airdrop location being revealed as the plane arrives. This would in effect give outlanders around 30 seconds to get to the drop site and pretty much stop drop camping.

This would defeat the purpose of the comm station unless they replace it with something else

Remove it as far as I'm concerned. Just provides another camping opportunity.

1 hour ago, Oldninja said:

Remove it as far as I'm concerned. Just provides another camping opportunity.

Gotcha

Hi there, thank you all for the ideas and the interesting discussion above 🙂 

I'll be passing it on to the team -- hearing what our community thinks is important for us, as it helps us improve the game. See you in the Outlands. 🍅

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, fOrsythiaa said:

Hi there, thank you all for the ideas and the interesting discussion above 🙂 

I'll be passing it on to the team -- hearing what our community thinks is important for us, as it helps us improve the game. See you in the Outlands. 🍅

I hope they pay you well it’s not an easy job especially right now. I think we need something other than a season pass, it’s the reason a lot of people have quit from other games due to season pass grinds need something to replace it

Hi fOsythiaa,

I really do hope you mean what you say. The overriding complaint on this and other forums is that BI don't listen to the player base.

Think about this. A User Group comprising of a combination of long time and newer outlanders, developers and partners (partners who actually play and understand the game).

The remit of the group is as follows :-

Discuss the content of forthcoming updates.

Discuss suggested improvements from both the player base and the dev community.

Have the power to reject and add to the content of updates and prioritise inclusion of agreed improvements.

Agenda for first meeting via telecon or zoom.

1. Introductions

2. Apologies for absence

3. The return of map select as teaming and wait times have been unaffected by the change.

4. Proportionally more loot per map. No empty buildings.

5. Review bug fix priority list

6. Any other business

Wouldn't that be nice...

Hello @Oldninja 🙂 I understand that it can feel frustrating, and that players can feel like we are not listening to them -- however, we've done our best to implement the ideas which we believe could be beneficial to the game, as per the community's discussions and ideas.

On our Twitter page we do post updates on what the team has been up to in terms of testing and investigations, so you can go and check it out every week 🙂 we're hoping that it helps with the curiosity of our community on what we're working on. 🍅

• Thanks 1