katipo66

Contact home screen cannot access MP

I just brought Contact and its replaced the loading screen when i do not choose to play Contact, how do i access MP or better still get back to the default screen? i only want to use the assets

contact_MP.jpg

There's a mod to bring back the normal screen.  BI has said that contact itself is incompatible with multiplayer but nothing's stopping you from trying.  See https://arma3.com/contact  for more info (there's a FAQ at the bottom)

So i have to install a mod (hack the game) to access part of the game because a DLC i brought does not support it so they just remove the option altogether?

No, i must be wrong, thats why they have 2 launch buttons on the dashboard, if i want to play Contact (which i fkn dont, i just want the assets) i press the "Play Contact" button, if i want my normal happy Arma 3 i press the nice blue button below it?

Is this some tail wagging the dog shit? i cant believe they did that.

:face_palm:

• Confused 1

It's not like they were hiding that they were doing it.  You just either didn't do your research or failed to notice it.  How exactly is BI at fault here? 

52 minutes ago, katipo66 said:

i have to install a mod (hack the game)

Installing a mod and hacking the game are in no way, shape or form similar.  In some games they might be, but in Arma they're not even close

I have to uninstall a DLC to access multiplayer!! thats ridiculous..  i didn't research the part where there would be no access to multiplayer if i buy the DLC, where did they stipulate that?, actually on the store page for Contact on steam they have this..

Additional Multiplayer Scenarios
Jump into Arma 3’s official Zeus Game Master, Combat Patrol, and Warlords multiplayer modes with additional scenarios for the new Livonia terrain

Look man im just old and grumpy and hate it when people move my stuff around, im set in my ways... thanks for the heads up 🙂

Ok i found this, ill calm down and take my vitamins, i still think they could have implemented it better but hey, thats the way it always is.. i only wanted the assets 🙂

Launch Options
To play the "First Contact" singleplayer campaign, you should open the Arma 3 Launcher and then hit the PLAY CONTACT button. Alternatively, you can visit the DLC section in the Arma 3 Launcher, load Arma 3 Contact there, and launch the game by clicking on the regular PLAY button. If you would like to play regular Arma 3 but still want to have access to the assets from the Contact expansion (such as the terrain, weapons, and vehicles), you can simply launch Arma 3 without loading Arma 3 Contact as optional DLC.

1 hour ago, katipo66 said:

(which i fkn dont, i just want the assets)

Quite confusing. There's no assets that you might interested, since contact (which I mean optional part of the Expansion, not enoch, base part of Contact Expansion) only adds extraterrestrial things, functions and campaign. If you just need Livonia terrain, LDF faction, Promet and/or ED-1D/E UGVs and play multiplayer, just not to load contact.

2 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Quite confusing. There's no assets that you might interested, since contact (which I mean optional part of the Expansion, not enoch, base part of Contact Expansion) only adds extraterrestrial things, functions and campaign. If you just need Livonia terrain, LDF faction, Promet and/or ED-1D/E UGVs and play multiplayer, just not to load contact.

Hai, got it... but seems a poor design decision to have to go through the process? whay not just have as an option to play from the normal Arma 3 screen as it is a DLC for Arma and not the other way around? anyway i figured it out and its all good, thanks.

You don't have to uninstall anything to play multiplayer?  Just untick the contact option on the DLC page in the launcher.  You'll still have access to most of the assets, just not the actual alien stuff. 

1 minute ago, stanhope said:

You don't have to uninstall anything to play multiplayer?  Just untick the contact option on the DLC page in the launcher.  You'll still have access to most of the assets, just not the actual alien stuff. 

Just bad england, thats what i meant, unload the DLC from launch, why not have both available once the game has loaded... anyway im over it, how bout you?

22 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Hai, got it... but seems a poor design decision to have to go through the process? whay not just have as an option to play from the normal Arma 3 screen as it is a DLC for Arma and not the other way around? anyway i figured it out and its all good, thanks.

From what I understand,  Contact makes some fundamental changes to Arma that make "normal" play impossible. Think of it more as a total conversion mod.

4 hours ago, Harzach said:

From what I understand,  Contact makes some fundamental changes to Arma that make "normal" play impossible. Think of it more as a total conversion mod.

I have a similar problem, ı can't run the game on normal mode even if ı click "Play without dlc or mods" button. İ tried to uninstall the contact files but that doesnt work.,

---(SOLVED)---

37 minutes ago, CPT- KUNA said:

I have a similar problem, ı can't run the game on normal mode even if ı click "Play without dlc or mods" button. İ tried to uninstall the contact files but that doesnt work.

I don't have a problem. As mentioned by @stanhope above, make sure Contact is deselected in the DLC tab:

bDCh1aw.png