Tankbuster

Player cant see themselves with animation

Guys,

In an MP mission, I'm removing a player from his teammates and having them come and find him. Kidnap style.

It's working mostly OK so far, but one thing happens occasionally and is troubling me.

The kidnapped player is told what's going on and they are moved to a safehouse and switchmoved Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon_loop

But more often than not, the kidnapped player becomes invisible to themselves. Thet can't see their own body in 1st or 3rd person or even in spectator.

Other players can see them fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

When I send "" switchmove to the kidnapped player, he becomes visible again. Note that I'm remoteexeccalling the switchmoves to every machine, but have tried doing it just on the kidnapped player too with no success.

I think I've solved it. I'm using remoteexec to send a playActionNow "Surrender" to the kidnapped player and that works OK. I'd prefer him sitting or kneeling, but I can live with this. This animation has to be cancelled by switchMove "", but that's OK.

I've always struggled with the animations and their associated commands in this game. There seem to be loads of different ways of doing the same thing with no clue as which is the best to use. That's before we start on the locality issues.