y4mOV8saDfGitKrYdXJV89hv0hHWisL_e8304w8v

Intrusion 1.02

Description

Engage in this timed sector control battle where all units coordinate fighting, support and strategy in a common effort to capture and hold the key winner’s location when the battle ends!

Philosophy

The philosophy behind this game mode is to create some fun cooperating and TvT gameplay by balancing the imaginary slider between gaming (strafe jumps and hot action) and reality (strategy, losses and waiting times) at a good position somewhere in the middle. Further, it aims to offer good gameplay for the lone player just trying to find a server for some evening gameplay, as well as for friends who whants to join, and even leagues fighting each other.

This game is meant to attract players that have some patience and the ability to feel rewarded by doing a bit of good military work before getting the ”ah” feeling of seing their targets getting blown into pieces.

Features

• A Sector Control mission for 1-60 players (that supports SP, COOP and TvT).
  • Capture flags and collect resources to get vehicles and weapons gaining you advantage over your enemy.
  • AI bots can be used to fill up one or both sides, so the feeling of a great battle can be achieved even when you play alone or with just a few of your friends.
  • Easy to get started for beginners. Start capturing the flags, and you will be valuable immediately. It’s also relatively easy to understand the deeper mechanics. It may require a small effort, but it’s all in the briefing.
  • Progressive gameplay. You start out as infantry with standard weapons, but as resources are ticking in, your side will unlock and establish more and more advanced materiel.
  • Fight as an individual. Be strong, do good, and earn higher ranks!
  • Fight as a squad. Team up with friends, share responsibilities, be tactical, help each other out, and earn higher ranks together!
  • Fight as a brigade. Follow the brigade leader’s orders, find a superior strategy, utilize the squads' different abilities, and win the battle together!
  • All squads has a ”profession” (dependent on choice and rank). Like in reality, each squad has one role, and one specialized vehicle assigned that noone else is allowed to use.

Download

Advice For Best Gameplay

Feature rich missions like these run best on dedicated server. Player on hosted server may experience some FPS drop, a bit dependant on number of players and AI in the mission.

Code

The code for this mission is written entierly in SQX using the TypeSqf Editor.

The code is shared at Github.

Licence

MIT.

Dependencies

Arma 3.

Version History

Version 1.02

• New Move Base Dialog
  • Rating increase is now "reduced" instead of "blocked" when player respawns/dies etc.
  • Made top screen info appear on one line instead of two.
  • Made rating and rating for next rank visible for players.
  • AI now refuels their vehicles if no human player is on their side.
  • Introducing Intrusion Tanoa.

Version 1.01

• Added battle locations.
  • Removed AI movement debug information when running locally.
  • Improved the loading screen.

Version 1.0.

• First version.

My Other Missions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, engima said:

y4mOV8saDfGitKrYdXJV89hv0hHWisL_e8304w8v

Intrusion 1.0

No only this an incredibly cool concept but also I don't know how you did it but this runs better on my system than the empty map!

For real, I am not joking...

- Malden empty on EDEN: 80 Fps

- Malden while playing Intrusion: Alone = 110 Fps, with 10 players = 90.

INSANE!

This is starting to make me believe that Warlords, Old Man and Contact missions should be rewritten in SQX if it can achieve such speeds and levels of optimization...

• Like 3

Please, is there a need or reason for that kind of irony? This is me and some friends that have put a lot of work to give you and the community this mission for free. Anyone is of course allowed to not like it, but a lot of the members here do at least appreciate some of my other releases. But of course I will comment on the things you mention:

First, the mission has a lot of features, so it might be heavy running on one hosted machine, especially if it it and old or slow one. That's why i recommend running it on a dedicated server. When we play we have a dedicated server running on a laptop from 2010, and everything works just fine.

Then, of course the mission has similarities to other missions. But some details differ. And details can be total game changers for some players. And for some players not.

At last, the SQX language does nothing but interpreting SQX code into SQF code. The Arma 3 engine does not know about it at all. Thus, performance out of code structures are entierly up to programming styles (which I'd say have a great possibility to be better in SQX than in SQF), and of course knowledge about how the SQF engine works and how it can be optimized.

• Like 2

A great mission and big fun to play! Thx for your work!

P.S. Actually I don't see any irony here but only someone who enjoys this amazing scenario and made you a true compliment ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, engima said:

Please, is there a need or reason for that kind of irony?

28 minutes ago, Godis_1 said:

P.S. Actually I don't see any irony here but only someone who enjoys this amazing scenario and made you a true compliment 😉

He is indeed saying that the performance is great and actually we were also trying  to get some fps with scripts.

This is why he is amazed , no irony or anything.

I just replied in order not to have any misunderstanding , because i know what @LSValmont is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, engima said:

Please, is there a need or reason for that kind of irony? This is me and some friends that have put a lot of work to give you and the community this mission for free. Anyone is of course allowed to not like it, but a lot of the members here do at least appreciate some of my other releases. But of course I will comment on the things you mention:

First, the mission has a lot of features, so it might be heavy running on one hosted machine, especially if it it and old or slow one. That's why i recommend running it on a dedicated server. When we play we have a dedicated server running on a laptop from 2010, and everything works just fine.

Then, of course the mission has similarities to other missions. But some details differ. And details can be total game changers for some players. And for some players not.

At last, the SQX language does nothing but interpreting SQX code into SQF code. The Arma 3 engine does not know about it at all. Thus, performance out of code structures are entierly up to programming styles (which I'd say have a great possibility to be better in SQX than in SQF), and of course knowledge about how the SQF engine works and how it can be optimized.

This was one of the biggest miss interpretations of my recent years!

I was not being ironic my dear @Enigma, I was being honest!!!

I don't know what would make you believe I was being ironic but for real this runs like a dream for me and I am impressed that you would thought that it didn't!

PS: I also understand that the corona thing has put all of us on edge so it is more than understandable that you could be on the defensive, kinda everyone is nowdays!

By the way:

Spoiler

intrusion-Error-1.jpg

Also, I am a big fan of your work and I thank you immensely the time and effort you put into this work and all your work basically!

Thank you @GEORGE FLOROS GR && @Godis_1 for stepping up for me, specially George who knows me like no other 😃

EDIT: On that picture you can see my FPS on the top right, it was 65 but because I was playing with 60 Ai units and also some personal scripts that hinder performance but any other mission with 60 Ai units doing their stuff would easily bring my system to 50/40 Fps on Malden while yours simply doesn't. Hell I play Warlords Malden with 32 Ai and it implodes into the 35/40s FPSs...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@LSValmont, sorry for my misinterpretation!

Reason, I guess, and the trigger, was the impossibility in creating a mission that has better FPS than an empty map. And then the rest of what you wrote got filtered from that.

Instead, thank you for your feedback!

And sorry again!

• Like 1

Hi Engima,

I enjoy any game mode that enforces cooperative teamwork, and doesn't rely on the instability that external mods bring. As far as I am concerned, it's the best way to enjoy Arma with friends!

Kudos for including tutorial documentation within the mission.

Having tested this mission by myself in a locally hosted game, however, I had a few questions:

- As the only player, there were no other AI players. Nor did I see the option of filling in blank slots with AI in role selection. Will this be included in a future update to allow Singleplayer/Coop play?

- Playing as the Brigade leader, I gave my team (and another player; my laptop client) orders to "ATTACK" (both move and destroy). Although my client player moved to the created task, and destroyed other vehicles at that location, the task never completed. Note that there were no enemy players/AI. Are there specific conditions to Brigade made tasks that need fulfilling?

- How exactly do specific teams gain their weapons? It's a fantastic idea, that I couldn't get to work. For example: when selecting the mortar team, where do the mortars (backpacks) appear? Because it wasn't in any vehicle or crate at the team location, nor base. How does this mechanic work?

- Is there any way to increase the factory resource gain beyond point control? Having captured all the locations, it took another 18 minutes to generate a vehicle, with my office resources having unlocked everything else. Or, are the factory/office resource locations randomized every match? Or, can vehicles be manually spawned via a specific menu?

Keep up the fantastic work sir!

New version.

Version 1.01

• Added battle locations.
  • Removed AI movement debug information when running locally.
  • Improved the loading screen.
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 4:28 AM, Melody_Mike said:

Hi Engima,

I enjoy any game mode that enforces cooperative teamwork, and doesn't rely on the instability that external mods bring. As far as I am concerned, it's the best way to enjoy Arma with friends!

Kudos for including tutorial documentation within the mission.

Having tested this mission by myself in a locally hosted game, however, I had a few questions:

- As the only player, there were no other AI players. Nor did I see the option of filling in blank slots with AI in role selection. Will this be included in a future update to allow Singleplayer/Coop play?

- Playing as the Brigade leader, I gave my team (and another player; my laptop client) orders to "ATTACK" (both move and destroy). Although my client player moved to the created task, and destroyed other vehicles at that location, the task never completed. Note that there were no enemy players/AI. Are there specific conditions to Brigade made tasks that need fulfilling?

- How exactly do specific teams gain their weapons? It's a fantastic idea, that I couldn't get to work. For example: when selecting the mortar team, where do the mortars (backpacks) appear? Because it wasn't in any vehicle or crate at the team location, nor base. How does this mechanic work?

- Is there any way to increase the factory resource gain beyond point control? Having captured all the locations, it took another 18 minutes to generate a vehicle, with my office resources having unlocked everything else. Or, are the factory/office resource locations randomized every match? Or, can vehicles be manually spawned via a specific menu?

Keep up the fantastic work sir!

Hi!

Glad you like the mission! Here are answers to all you questions:

1. You should not play in Arma's "Single Player mode". Then you cannot set the mission parameters. So even if you play by yourself, start the game in Multiplayer mode. There are parameters where you select number of AI units on each side, if you want independent units initially guarding the locations, battle location and a bit more. The AI units do not fill in the player slots, they are added in beside.

2. True. Tasks do not get fulfilled until next order is given. Maybe I'll have this a bit nicer in some future version, but as for now I do not see it as the greatest issue. AI units that get the order will attack the location, and when present, they will continue on own initiative - unless you ordered them to DEFEND the area which will have them stay there for some time.

3. Specialized teams get their vehicles and weapons when there is enough resources (enough administration to establish the required technology and enough production to aquire the hardware). It can take some time, especially for the really advanced teams like tanks, artillery and attack helicopter. The teams get their vehicle (with a blue arrow above) that only they can enter and use. The sniper rifle is in the box attached to the sniper quadbike, the anti tank team has the homing anti tank hardware in the back of their humvee, and the artillery stuff is in the back of the artillery team's humvee. Maybe you did not wait enough time for their specialized vehicles to spawn?

4. Factory resources (that is "production") can be increased in two ways. First you can capture more factories, and then you can use up less. Take real care of your vehicle, and make use of the support vehicles (refuel, rearm and repair) to save resources, because if your vehicle is destroyed and you need a new one it will cost production, which is a resource shared by all units on your side. Like in a real war, destroy the enemies resurce sources to gain an advantage, since they will not be able to produce enough vehicles to keep up with you. Factory/Office locations are not randomized each match.

• Like 2

New version.

Version 1.02

• New Move Base Dialog
  • Rating increase is now "reduced" instead of "blocked" when player respawns/dies etc.
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, engima said:

New version.

Version 1.02

• New Move Base Dialog

Congrats on the release dear @engima!

May I ask, is the randomization of the combat zone/multiple selection via mission params already in?

15 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Congrats on the release dear @engima!

May I ask, is the randomization of the combat zone/multiple selection via mission params already in?

Randomization parameter does not exist for the moment.

But what exactly is your suggestion? A parameter for randomization of the existing battle locations? Or a parameter for randomization of the flag positions?

9 hours ago, engima said:

Randomization parameter does not exist for the moment.

But what exactly is your suggestion? A parameter for randomization of the existing battle locations? Or a parameter for randomization of the flag positions?

Well I meant the layout of the battle, not really the factory locations etc because I like that the mission spawns as little custom objects/buildings as possible and instead relies on what is already on MALDEN. That really helps with performance!

About the layout, the only available now is the south east Malden layout. So what I meant is that you could add more battle layouts that use other parts of the map and then player can choose any in particular or just a random one. (I believe that is already your idea because there is a param for location but right now there is only one option.

PS: Do you mind if I contribute some UI and scripts to the mission?

10 hours ago, LSValmont said:

About the layout, the only available now is the south east Malden layout. So what I meant is that you could add more battle layouts that use other parts of the map and then player can choose any in particular or just a random one. (I believe that is already your idea because there is a param for location but right now there is only one option.

PS: Do you mind if I contribute some UI and scripts to the mission?

Since version 1.01 there are more than one battle locations. And since version 1.02 Intrusion Tanoa has been added, also with several battle locations.

The source is open, so feel free to contribute. I’ll moderate the official branch, but you can also do a fork. Just please respect the MIT licence.

• Thanks 1