Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

1969 vietnam version 2.0 is here!

the mission 'Ethics' crashes me to desktop when i finish the mission before it and it tries to load it, not sure if this is only with the new version or not

I will check but I've gotten reports of CTDs in cases where I don't have them.

Is your Nam Pack in \Res\Addons or elswehere?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its in res/addons, i dont have an ofp/addons<span id='postcolor'>

Naughty! Naughty! Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons".

Suggestions:

1. Move everything you need for Vietnam missions to a Vietnam -mod addons folder and create a desktop shortcut that references the mod folders.

2. Test this out and tell us if it works: Manually define an Addons folder and see if OFP recognizes addons that are in it. smile.gif Keep us posted. I can't do this because my install includes the old Addons folder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the mission 'Ethics' crashes me to desktop when i finish the mission before it and it tries to load it, not sure if this is only with the new version or not<span id='postcolor'>

I forgot to mention. I just finished playing Ethics from start to finish. No CTD.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 27 2003,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,11wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its in res/addons, i dont have an ofp/addons<span id='postcolor'>

Naughty! Naughty! Search The FAQ for "unofficial addons".

Suggestions:

1. Move everything you need for Vietnam missions to a Vietnam -mod addons folder and create a desktop shortcut that references the mod folders.

2. Test this out and tell us if it works: Manually define an Addons folder and see if OFP recognizes addons that are in it. smile.gif Keep us posted. I can't do this because my install includes the old Addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

hmmm didnt work, nevermind i used the cheat from your faq to go on to the next one smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm didnt work, nevermind i used the cheat from your faq to go on to the next one smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What didn't work? Suggestion 1? 2? Both? No matter what, it crashed?

Did you try suggestion 2 and manually define an Addons folder? Did OFP at least know to load addons in there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 27 2003,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm didnt work, nevermind i used the cheat from your faq to go on to the next one smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What didn't work? Suggestion 1? 2? Both? No matter what, it crashed?

Did you try suggestion 2 and manually define an Addons folder? Did OFP at least know to load addons in there?<span id='postcolor'>

yep tried both

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep tried both<span id='postcolor'>

Aside from the crash, did OFP at least find the addon PBOs in the manually defined Addons folder? This would be uselfull info for other players.

About the crash, you may have only yourself to blame. After all, the SEB Nam Pack is renowned for its crashes. tounge.gif

it still loaded all the ofp/res/addons, although i suppose it could have been because it was using a shortcut of resistance (copied my dynamic range stuff and used it as a template, changed names/overwrote the addons folder etc), i dont have the time to do it again, but if you want an ofp with no ofp/addons folder you would need to install 1.00 then 1.75 then 1.91

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 27 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep tried both<span id='postcolor'>

You might also want to check file Flashpoint.rpt to see if there's a report of the crash appended at the end. If there is a report and it's something we mortals can comprehend, let us know.

Another suggestion about crashes. Someone else found that their crashes on certain missions stopped after they discovered an old version of the Ia Trang Island PBO in their addons folders and removed it.

So, if anyone is crashing and they have old versions of Ia Trang Island or maybe SEB Nam Pack 1 addon files, try removing them, restarting OFP and see if that resolves the problem.

Very small cosmetic suggestion.

In the mission where you're checking trucks and cars, Gatekeeper I think, shouldn't at least some of the drivers be Vietnamese?

I'll look into Gatekeeper. What are they? Russians? OFP's civilians?

Also, someone's brought to my attention that mission 10b, Beach Head, has completely messed up triggers.

Maniana! smile.gif

Version 2.28 is available for download from the M.O.M. section of The FAQ.

<span style='color:red'>IMPORTANT!</span>

1. The contact information in the README file has been updated. Please read carefully.

2. As can be seen below in Summary of Changes, mission 10.b, Beach Head, went through a major overhaul. I would like to ask of as many of you as possible to beta test the mission to determine if there are any errors remaining that make the mission unplayable or prevent it from completing successfully. TIA. smile.gif

Summary of Changes:

2.28. Logic in mission 10b, Beach Head, was totally incorrect. Mission failed sensors were triggered, even though the beach was taken. Objective 2 town to northwest is totally unoccupied and there is no completion trigger when town is captured. Mission totally revamped. Briefing was not displaying plan text.Corrected.

2.28. Civilians in mission 13, "Gate Keeper", changed from standard OFP civilian units to ones from SEB Nam Pack 2. Corrected grammar and spelling errors as well. Corrected a win trigger to mark mission objective as completed when mission successful.

2.28. Various grammatical and spelling errors corrected in mission 7, "Ethics".

Mission 15 - Guard tower; ends as soon as the enemy tank is spotted.

Mission 18 - Spec Ops; the intro stays on my sniper in the forest, it won't end unless I press the space bar.

Are you happy to have bug reports posted in the forum or would you prefer them as emails or private messages?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ Jan. 30 2003,00:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you happy to have bug reports posted in the forum or would you prefer them as emails or private messages?<span id='postcolor'>

Better here!

I'll look into this - maniana! biggrin.gif

For all that have problems with the correct installation of the nam pack - you can get an installer here. Installs everything in a seperate mod directory and provides the desktop shortcut to start it. Also features an uninstaller.

The shortcut say 'OFP with Vietnam and SES addons' - thats because we did the installer for our squad mates who have our addons pack in another mod folder. Ignore that and name it whatever you like, it works without our addons and it does only install the SEB-Nampack 2.

Version 2.29 is available for download from the M.O.M. section of The FAQ.

<span style='color:red'>IMPORTANT!</span>

1. The contact information in the README file has been updated. Please read carefully.

2. As can be seen below in Summary of Changes, mission 10.b, Beach Head, went through a major overhaul. I would like to ask of as many of you as possible to beta test the mission to determine if there are any errors remaining that make the mission unplayable or prevent it from completing successfully. TIA. smile.gif

Summary of Changes:

2.29. Intro cutscene in mission 18, Spec Ops, didn't end at completion. Corrected.

2.29. Mission 15, Guard Tower, completed prematurely, just after enemy detected. Corrected.

What a gem you are Avon!

Honourable discharge cutscene is giving a missing addon message; sebnam_1a. Theres a comment about sebnam_1a in the 2.27 version changes;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2.27. Addon name sebnam_1a was missing from adons declarations in campaign end missions 99 Captured and 99 Dishonorable Discharge.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't know if this related.

Version 2.30 is available for download from the M.O.M. section of The FAQ.

Summary of Changes:

2.30. Addon name sebnam_1a was missing from addons declarations in campaign end mission 99 Honorable Discharge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Version 2.30 is available for download from the M.O.M. section<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, you're updating this faster than we can download - did you send you kids off to a boarding school?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Jan. 30 2003,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, you're updating this faster than we can download - did you send you kids off to a boarding school?<span id='postcolor'>

No. tounge.gif The little ones are asleep already and the big ones handle themselves.

Also, supper tonight was take out fast food - no dishes! biggrin.gif

Seriously, this last fix was a 1 minute job. smile.gif

Version 2.31 is available for download from the M.O.M. section of The FAQ.

Summary of Changes:

2.31. Missions 24 and 25, "Fast Attack", are duplicates. Campaign path altered to continue with mission 26, "Walkabout", after mission 24 is successfully completed.

2.31. Missions 24 and 25, "Fast Attack", missing end trigger when objectives achieved. Corrected.