Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

1969 vietnam version 2.0 is here!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suggestions? I'm thinking of changing the Huey in that mission to a Chinook. That should hold up more like the original mission.<span id='postcolor'>

You could just reduce the # of tanks and take away their MG ammo.

Just my suggestion. tounge.gif

It'd probably be easier to just have the helo fly close to the tanks then immediately turn around and land.

OK. I took away the tank's MG ammo. I reduced the tank's skills to minimum and their armor to half. I switched to a Huey with a little better protection (door - do not open!wink.gif but removed its rockets and MG ammo because that messed up triggers when it fired on the tanks when spotted.

Now, I've managed to get the helo to insert. However, while all the grunt's disembark, the squad's commander for some odd reason doesn't get out and the chopper flies to the next waypoint with the commander still inside. Idiot! crazy.gif

Anyone have an idea what's wrong? confused.gif I've placed the unpacked mission files here. Unzip with the "Use folder names" option checked to your OFP\Users\your_user_name\Missions folder and open with the Mission Editor.

Let me know what you find. Thanks. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Jan. 21 2003,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To theavonlady can you please convert it to Ia Drang map instead of Everon confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Now you're pushing things too far!

That's a major overhaul. The terrain is completely different. Village, mountain, jungle locations don't correspond.

Might as well just rewrite the whole campaign from scratch!

Besides, you're spoiled. wink.gif Jungle Everon is pretty good!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, I've managed to get the helo to insert. However, while all the grunt's disembark, the squad's commander for some odd reason doesn't get out and the chopper flies to the next waypoint with the commander still inside. Idiot!<span id='postcolor'>

UPDATE: Problem resolved. Look at this thread.

Seems like an SEB Nam Pack helo bug.

Will check the mission again and update the campaign. smile.gif

Version 2.20 is available for download from the HOT NEWS section of The FAQ.

===================

Summary of Changes:

===================

2.20. Second mission, Air Patrol, was unplayable because helo was always destroyed by enemy tank gunfire. All MG type magazines removed from tanks to allow helo to reach insertion waypoint, with squad alive.

2.20. All tanks skill settings reduced to minimum and armor set to 1/3 to give player and AI a reasonable opportunity to destroy tanks with multiple LAW rounds.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 21 2003,16wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">great work avonlady.  We're gonna have to start paying you  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If everyone reading this would give a minimum of 5 US dollars or the equivalent to the charity of their choice, I would be much happier. smile.gif

Did you replay the mission?

I believe it is the mission called Discharged that i got the error on or it is the part directly after that if there is one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Jan. 21 2003,16:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe it is the mission called Discharged that i got the error on or it is the part directly after that if there is one.<span id='postcolor'>

OK, I am getting NO ENTRY error messages for things called AAA540 and BBB007.

I'll figure it out and get back to you.

You say you got a NO ENTRY message for the Editor Update? Which EU do you have and in which directory is it installed?

Version 2.21 is available for download from the HOT NEWS section of The FAQ.

===================

Summary of Changes:

===================

2.21. Campaign's ending, player captured and player discharged cutscene mission's addons declarations sections corrected.

i think the defend base mission might need some tweaking (3rd mission in), at the minute the T-54's slaughter the M60's and M101A1 and the explosions of the tanks kill nearly all the troops, leaving me with three laws to take on 3 t-54's and aboiut 3 squads of vc, not fun smile.gif as i said earlier switching the M60's to M48A3's will probably fix this, i just did a quick test on flat land with the M48A3's vs T-54's, the outcome was 3 T-54's destroyed, one badly damaged, 2 M48A3's destroyed, one badly damaged, so they are pretty evenly matched but of course with the inferior crewmanship and other factors the americans are marginally on top, but, in the mission the M48's would be sitting ducks and the T-54s come over a hill with lots of terrain to hide behind, so i think it would be balanced smile.gif

edit: just tried 4 BIS M60's versus 4 T-54's and all M60's were destroyed for one T-54 loss

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you replay the mission?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, just got back from work. I'm on it now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 21 2003,19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think the defend base mission might need some tweaking<span id='postcolor'>

Maniana. biggrin.gif

I'm going to go play the latest version. I just got back from my classes.

Thanks for all the work avonlady.

I just finished the second mission, no bugs to report. biggrin.gif

Good work avonlady.

Wow, replayed the helicopter one and it works great now.. good job fixing that.

I managed to get by the defense mission, it is possible for the M60s to take out 3 of the 4 T54s but they need a little luck. Also another bug I found was the last T54 and its infantry squad get stuck in the back and won't come up and attack the base, so you have to go kill them and it takes 4 laws + some grenades to take out the tank. That really won't even destroy the tank, it just makes the crew jump out. smile.gif Those tanks are way too strong. tounge.gif

I also had the last tank not move up. I don't know if this is a new problem or always been there since before the tweaking i was getting my ass handed to me.

Couple more bug reports:

On the mission after defend, called Transference I had a load error: Sebnam_vh. However the mission ran fine with one exception: it would not end. smile.gif There are pathing problems with the trucks, I don't know if that is what causes it. After a good 8-10min on 4x I had to use the end mission cheat to end it, it gave me a complete however and not a fail.

On the mission after Transference I got another load error: config.bin/CfgVehicles.sebuh_laMG

Once again the misssion appeared to run fine though, that is it started ok (didn't play it yet).

Version 2.22 is available for download from the M.O.M. section of The FAQ.

===================

Summary of Changes:

===================

2.22. Waypoints added for a T54 tank that previously remained in its starting position.

2.22. SEB Nam Pack's T54's were far superior to OFP's original M60 tanks. All missions modified by replacing the OFP M60 tanks with the SEB Nam Pack's M48 tanks.

2.22. SEB Nam Pack 1 addon name references in mission 4, Transference, to the UH-1H were corrected for SEB Nam Pack 2.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Mission Debugging Assistance Needed!</span></span>

Both mission 3(Hell's Fury) and 4 (Transference) have win trigger problems, as has been mentioned here already for Transference.

If you can help, the unpacked mission folders can be downloaded from here. Unzip, with the "Use Folder Names" option set on, to your OFP\Users\your_player_name\Missions directory and open with OFP's mission editor.

TIA. smile.gif

I have basic knowledge of the editor. I'll take a look at them. It should be good experience for me but don't count on anything. biggrin.gif

you mission 3 end trigger works fine; I can't actually play the mission (bloody 550 mhz) but I blew up all the enemy with triggers and it finished... most likely a single soldier is running from you or some junk, common fix to this is to set the allowfleeing command to 0 for each soldier so they'll run through their waypoints at all costs... I think :\

on to Mission 4...

don't have time to check out #4 right now, but two things to check for it are a) are all enemy getting in trucks? b) are any enemy running from mission area?

I couldn't find where you had the camera initiated to disable it and watch the enemy get in the trucks... but the actual win trigger seems technically sound

Thanks. I'll look into this tomorrow.

I'm busy working on another OFP treat for you folks (not Vietnam related).

Maniana! smile.gif