Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

1969 vietnam version 2.0 is here!

Any technical problems, folks, email me. This shouldn't be the original author's headache.

Good work avonlady.

This should keep me off homework for a week. biggrin.gif

bah, its already on its way off my computer.

says im missing seb_somethingorother and I know I've got the pack installed. oh well

gj anyway, someone needed to do that

any problem with us giving technical problems here instead of email? so far im up to the defend the base mission after the helo thingy, there seems to be a recurring 'missing addon sebnam_nv' but the mission still works, other than that its very good, the mission with the helo was pretty hard, i couldnt take out the t54's and ended up failing :/, the next mission the M60's are obliterated and the t54's come storming in, i think it would be a good idea to switch the M60's with the nam pack M48A3's as the reload rate on the T-54 is realistic (cant remember i think i put it around 6-8 seconds) and the BIS M60 has a reload rate of 15 seconds, not good for the americans (incidently the M48A3's reload in the pack is about 4-5 seconds i believe), other than that great work, its about time this was converted smile.gif ill post any more i see as i go through smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 20 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bah, its already on its way off my computer.

says im missing seb_somethingorother and I know I've got the pack installed.  oh well

gj anyway, someone needed to do that<span id='postcolor'>

Well, had you told me exactly what, I most likely could've corrected it. Now go and do your homework.

Let's see if someone else can be more informative.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan 20, 2003)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any problem with us giving technical problems here instead of email?<span id='postcolor'>

Here I am! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so far im up to the defend the base mission after the helo thingy, there seems to be a recurring 'missing addon sebnam_nv' but the mission still works, other than that its very good,<span id='postcolor'>

The SEB Nam Pack's readme says that in MP there may be addon missing messages because OFP's editor did not identify everything when it built the ADDONS declarations.

Well, I discovered this problem when first testing out the campaign. I got errors about sebnam_wp. So I manually added that to all the MISSION.SQM files. Now I'll do the same for sebnam_nv. I'll fix this soon in V2.1 of the campaign.

Let me know if you get any other missing addon messages.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the mission with the helo was pretty hard, i couldnt take out the t54's and ended up failing :/, the next mission the M60's are obliterated and the t54's come storming in, i think it would be a good idea to switch the M60's with the nam pack M48A3's as the reload rate on the T-54 is realistic (cant remember i think i put it around 6-8 seconds) and the BIS M60 has a reload rate of 15 seconds, not good for the americans (incidently the M48A3's reload in the pack is about 4-5 seconds i believe),<span id='postcolor'>

Before I do this, I want to hear from others if they have any objections. Sounds reasonable. Can you think of any negative reason not to swith the M60s to M48s (other than making the game more balanced)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">other than that great work, its about time this was converted ill post any more i see as i go through<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks. smile.gif

OK version 2.1 is available for download from the HOT NEWS section of The FAQ.

===================

Summary of Changes:

===================

2.1. Corrected error for missing addon "sebnam_nv".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, had you told me exactly what, I most likely could've corrected it.<span id='postcolor'>

says im missing seb_somethingorother and I know I've got the pack installed

seb_1a I think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 20 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 21 2003,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, had you told me exactly what, I most likely could've corrected it.<span id='postcolor'>

says im missing seb_somethingorother and I know I've got the pack installed

seb_1a I think.<span id='postcolor'>

you missed a pbo, it was accidently left out of the readme:

armour.jpg

(sorry for linking to ofpec, but i dont have it anywhere else)

Anyone else getting the shit shot out of them on the second mission while in the helicopter. I've only made it to the ground (alive that is) one time out of six or seven tries.

I think this part could be tweaked. The stupid helicopter needs to land faster and stop flying over all the soldiers.

Otherwise i'm glad its been converted to use the seb nam pack. Good work.

The part where it tells you about the campaign being dedicated to those who served in vietnam it gives me the error "missing addon editorupdate102". It still works thought.

Well, I got the campaign working thanks to Eviscerator, but I ran into a problem. After I complete the second patrol in the forest where you discover the enemy base to the west of the base it starts you off on a mission to capture the base. Well, I tried. Right after it loaded I got a "mission failed" notification and got sent to a POW camp. Didn't get a chance to do a thing in the mission, it only lasted a few seconds. Might be isolated since nobody else has reported it.

i havent got that far, im trying to survive the helo landing on the second mission, ive only seen it land once and then i didnt have enough laws to take out the tanks, i agree with Bronski this could use some tweaking, maybe making the huey land further away, and maybe only one t54, or two t54's and put 90mm recoilless rifles in the crates (and on a couple of the teammates), looks like converting to the nam pack 2 may be harder than it first looks, good luck avonlady smile.gif

Is there a way to get rid of the tanks ammo for its mg? That is what is tearing me up. Maybe set a countdown on a trigger so it sets its ammo to 0 so the helo has enought time to land then the ammo is set back to full.

The helo needs a chance to land. Maybe mess around with the units skill level. That would probably help. Sometimes its like you are regular army going up against special forces.

I'm still glad it was done but i think it does need tweaking.

How about we get rid of the tanks entirely? lol

maybe I'm just nitpicking, but the VC and NVA didn't have a real tank force.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 21 2003,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, good link.  Never heard of that before.  Thanks. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that site was about 80% of my research resources i used for researching the vehicles/weapons/guns for the pack, i know ebud uses it a lot too

Bronski the easiest way to survive that is to just not get on the helicopter tounge.gif  It lands waaaay too slow, and does multiple slow circles over the tanks which = death unless you are really lucky.  I think I managed to jump out and not die one time.  Anyway, just not getting on the heli moves you on to the next mission. Even if you do manage to get on the ground in one piece, your law isn't going to scratch those tanks.

I have to agree those VC or NVA whatever, tanks are way too strong.  Besides the fact my law can't even scratch them they totally destroy the M60s.  Unless I am missing something, the M60s have to take them out because the AP soldiers (I don't even think there are any besides me) with the weak laws sure aren't going to do it.  I've hit the tanks with a law in the back, the treads, underneath.. lol it doesn't matter.  They take no, or next to no damage.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it.. I like the campaign so far despite the few querks.

Is the next mission you get the defend the base one?

If so, what advice do you have for that one?

In regards to the tank force they should be removed since you are fighting VC on that mission, not NVA.

The defend mission is next, and I haven't beaten it yet due to the tanks so.. no strategies here. sad.gif

There is really nothing you can do but "weather the storm" as you are given no units, you cant get in the tanks and all you have is an ineffective LAW.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Jan. 21 2003,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a way to get rid of the tanks ammo for its mg?  That is what is tearing me up.  Maybe set a countdown on a trigger so it sets its ammo to 0 so the helo has enought time to land then the ammo is set back to full.

The helo needs a chance to land.  Maybe mess around with the units skill level.  That would probably help.  Sometimes its like you are regular army going up against special forces.

I'm still glad it was done but i think it does need tweaking.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. tweaking it needs! I tried the 2nd mission, and had the same results.

This is obviously because the helos in the campaign were changed from armored Blackhawks (that didn't exist in 1969) to Hueys.

Suggestions? I'm thinking of changing the Huey in that mission to a Chinook. That should hold up more like the original mission.

Comments?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bronski @ Jan. 21 2003,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The part where it tells you about the campaign being dedicated to those who served in vietnam it gives me the error "missing addon editorupdate102".<span id='postcolor'>

Can you be more specific. Which mission/cutscene was this?