ccl0214

A question about the FPS of Arma 3

Why the FPS of game runtime is sometimes very low, but the system resources are not completely occupied.(i7-8700k 16G 1070ti ,,,game FPS:40 , CPU:40% , Memory:78% ,Disk:1% , GPU:52%)

4 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Have a look at:

And

Thank you for your reply.But what I want to say is that the performance of my computer configured as gtx770 in 2014 is not much different from that of the current gtx1070ti in arma3.

Arma 3, like all of the Arma games, is CPU bottlenecked. Improvements in the video rendering capability of your system will result in negligible performance gains in A3 compared to a faster processor.

@ccl0214 Welcome to the Arma 3 forums, but please read our rules.  You have posted the same subject to two separate threads which constitutes cross-posting. This is prohibited and your other thread has been removed. 

Thank You. 

18 hours ago, target_practice said:

Arma 3, like all of the Arma games, is CPU bottlenecked. Improvements in the video rendering capability of your system will result in negligible performance gains in A3 compared to a faster processor.

That means I have to wait for Arma 4?😂I hope that Arma 3 will have a chance to improve.

4 hours ago, ccl0214 said:

That means I have to wait for Arma 4?😂I hope that Arma 3 will have a chance to improve.

It means you need a CPU with a high frequency and a storage device with a fast transfer rate (i.e. an SSD).

I have both, and I often manage 60 FPS (even in multiplayer) and rarely fall below 40.

Arma 3 itself is about as optimised as its going to get, so any improvements in performance will depend upon hardware configuration and game settings.

Arma is mostly CPU based. meaning you will need a decent CPU to run arma at high frames but a good graphics card will definitely help aswell for GPU based graphics.