dElPcNi.jpgJFy2vTe.jpgqSarTdz.jpgDhXbwuU.jpgrlCqOGB.jpgItVYMqM.jpg

A small Civilian Expansion influenced by recent world events, 20 unique civilians created using vanilla assets.

Eden Editor: Located under Civilians > Masked Civilians.

Designed with the Civilian Presence modules in mind.

Steam Workshop.

• Like 6

26 days later...

I reckon an "extreme" version using assets from Contact and GM would do wonders combined with your other mods - especially since civs aren't too chatty in Arma. 😉 

• Like 2

Haha, I just watched the whole thing. ^^

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 1

Look man I really like your mods and everything but I think this a little too soon. People still dying in masses so maybe we show them some respect.

Just my opinion

The last thing I would want to do is upset the community, so a PM has been sent to a moderator to remove this thread from the forum, I'll remove it from the Workshop shortly.

Sorry for any offence caused.  

• Like 1

Forgive me guys, but how is it offensive? Just because the term "COVID-19" is in the title?

If the mod was called "Old Man Era Civs" no one would raise an eyebrow...

I don't want to start a debate, but come on there's no need to be over-sensitive nor to establish such taboos.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, haleks said:

Forgive me guys, but how is it offensive? Just because the term "COVID-19" is in the title?

If the mod was called "Old Man Era Civs" no one would raise an eyebrow...

I don't want to start a debate, but come on there's no need to be over-sensitive nor to establish such taboos.

Exactly! Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

I was just joking

I think it wasn‘t about your comment.

Someone else was a little bit more serious 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EO said:

The last thing I would want to do is upset the community, so a PM has been sent to a moderator to remove this thread from the forum, I'll remove it from the Workshop shortly.

Sorry for any offence caused.  

The voice of one person does not speak for the community at large. Please don't do anything that would remove your work from any platforms because of that single whiner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nikiforos said:

People still dying in masses so maybe we show them some respect.

Innocent people are dying in masses in war zones all around the world...

...and yet, we are still playing a wargame, happily calling artillery strikes at enemy positions hidden among civilian buildings. I assume that also includes you, or maybe you're here just for the Ylands, I dunno.

Also, I'm not sure where EO was disrespectful to the victims of COVID-19. Is just mentioning the disease, in non-serious video game/entertainment context, enough to be disrespectful? What about other diseases and their victims, depicted in countless other games/movies/books/art?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's quite clear I am the only voice that finds this mod inappropriate so please disregard my request and let it be online for those who want to download and play with it. Just remember I just expressed my opinion and in no way demanded anything.

• Like 1

I appreciate the comments that bring a little balance to the use of that word in the title, but I don't want to be the author of something that's deemed to be in bad taste.

I already submitted a report to the moderators a few hours ago so it will most likely be removed soon.

If it's removed I'll upload it again a little later under a different name.

:thanx:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

It's quite clear I am the only voice that finds this mod inappropriate so please disregard my request and let it be online for those who want to download and play with it. Just remember I just expressed my opinion and in no way demanded anything.

No worries man, you weren't the only one, there were three on the bounce so it looked like it was gaining a negative reaction earlier.

Were all living through something quite unprecedented at the moment so all opinions should be observed and respected. 

• Like 4

Okay, this small civilian expansion has been updated, renamed and is now available again on the Workshop.  

OP has been updated to reflect the changes. (Hopefully the moderators have received my updated report and don't remove it from the forum as was my original request.) 

• Like 6

On 4/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, EO said:

Okay, this small civilian expansion has been updated, renamed and is now available again on the Workshop.  

OP has been updated to reflect the changes. (Hopefully the moderators have received my updated report and don't remove it from the forum as was my original request.)

Either name was/is perfectly fine. If you had continued with the Covid naming convention it would be just a reflection of the current times and honestly it would be something that people can utilize in a familiar way. I appreciate the fact that you renamed it and am glad that you reposted the mod to the workshop.

• Thanks 1