Pup3024

Loot and Crate Boosting

Anyone else notice that NO ONE is boosting loot or crates anymore?  I have noticed that if the loot does get boosted, there are a group of people that will team up with insurance and take all the loot.....

• Sad 1

Agree. I play 20-30 encounters a day (before boredom sets it) and would say 2 maybe 3 are loot/crate boosted. On average less than 10%.

Makes the grind harder but other outlanders obviously don't think the benefits are worth the cost.

I personally have no shame, I'm a taker not a giver, following so called 'improvements' in gameplay that really mean extracting more money from the player base, and moving further away from the original concept I decided not to contribute my harrd earned pension any more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Agree. I play 20-30 encounters a day (before boredom sets it) and would say 2 maybe 3 are loot/crate boosted. On average less than 10%.

Makes the grind harder but other outlanders obviously don't think the benefits are worth the cost.

I personally have no shame, I'm a taker not a giver, following so called 'improvements' in gameplay that really mean extracting more money from the player base, and moving further away from the original concept I decided not to contribute my harrd earned pension any more.

It takes Bohemia wondering "why is nobody playing our game anymore" or "why is nobody buying our pay-to-win crowns anymore" for them to even consider giving back to us I reckon. 

But at the end of the day a leopard never changes its spots. 
They may bring stuff back to what it used to be for a little bit. And then they'll go right back to taking everything away again in the name of profit.
Any management expected to make a ridiculous profit margin will have to either by choice or by being replaced be made to return to what deterred people in the first place.
The company is supposed to make as much money as possible no matter how scum-like or evil it may be, it is business and its why a lot of capitalist success today is outright hated. 
It's why most game companies have gone to shit these days. Capitalism is decaying because morals are not profitable, being good is bad for making money.

And thus here we are. If Vigor's life is threatened and the devs do decide to give back to us to bring back the playerbase. Then they're prolonging the inevitable because they'll just do what they did again and there's only so many times that people will listen to a liar before they realize they've been manipulated this whole time.

Not to mention the absolute garbage they are putting in crates now.  1911's, Mosin's, 45 ammo, nails, etc......

Nobody wants to boost a crate because there's no value in them.

Putting common items in higher tier crates devalues the crates. If there were a chance of getting items in a crate 1 to 2 tiers higher than the crate you get, people would boost.

You should not get items in a crate that are of lesser value than the crate you're getting. I.e Uncommon crates should not get common items, rare should not get uncommon and common items and so on and so forth.

And when they stopped putting the BP items in the crates and made it so you go it through unlocking the BP instead, another example of crates becoming worthless.

Another thing I forgot to mention. I always scan the lobby to see what level the other outlanders are.

I would estimate that on average an 8 outlander lobby on Grontheim contains no more than 3 who have purchased the Season Pass. Obviously it varies, but overall it appears less than 50%.

Maybe some are waiting to see how far they get before spending their crowns. Could be the cost.

And I agree with the crate comment eKLaB.

Maybe some are waiting to see how far they get before spending their crowns. Could be the cost.

For free players, they don't get anymore any crate, due to the prohibitive price !
You have to wait an all week to get a crate booster (5 crowns per day, 30 crowns the booster).
All of it, for a shitty green crate , and it makes you a target while in game....

For the battlepass, what's really interesting in it ?!
New weapons, that doesn't change anything, except for the Mp5 you can grab on dead bodies.
It doesn't worth 20€ to get it .... so players are waiting with their crowns for the next battlepass.

Not to mention, that 50% of the time, when the crate get boosted to special, it's time for you to face people teaming (last time, i was alone against 3 squads teaming together...)

Instead of the food crates, they should have increased the amount of crowns to the signal, to normalize the use of boosters ingame.

And not to mention that, but for "old" players, I mean those who have been playing for the laster 6 month.
Most of them improved their shelter to level 13.
They just play vigor as a call of duty arena, giving no interest to crates or resources
Nothing new in the shelter, and when you're stuck with objectives like "getting 2000 chems to improve a 3% food" , the game is nearly ended...

The lockdown, was a chance for this game to be more attractive for new players, and it as been a failure.
A reasonable battlepass, just enougth to kee quiet old players, no new maps

• Like 1

I for one only boost when I have a challenge to boost say 3 times for a purple crate or I’ll drop insurance for the odd rare 300%+ game but otherwise I don’t do it and I’m sitting on a few hundred free earned crowns from before the challenges were nerfed and I stopped playing.

I’m not even 100% maxed on shelter upgrades but because I’ve got literally hundreds of every item I don’t need materials or gear so I shamefully must admit I run around purely for exp gathering items and then either leaving if it’s a good haul or boost lobby or dismantle as I go.

On the dismantling as I go runs I bring a crappy common gun or an OP Akm and a single heal and scrap everything I find so nobody gets anything if their being douchy and camping. Due to one shot situations being increasingly common I am honestly scared to spend crowns without first having someone else boost as well and then put insurance on. I’ve had games where d***s with an M1911 pistol have two shot me, or a douche with a grease gun snuck up on me or shotgun chargers sprinting around a corner they were hiding behind soon as they spot me coming. Don’t mind dying an I get headshots are a legit thing but the overall time to kill is what stops me boosting without the above conditions.