specialsmith

Can someone explain IFA AIO LITE vs Liberation?

What exactly are the differences between the WW2 mods:

- IFA3 AIO LITE

- IFA3 Liberation

Is the Liberation complementary to AIO LITE, or what? I know these mods have been around for years, but still it is not clear what should be run on a server for optimal WW2 experience. What does “WOG modpack” mean?

@Gunter Severloh’s WW2 mod list is amazingly great, still I seem to fail to find out how these different mods come together, or don’t.

Also, is GEIST improving visuals of existing IFA units, or just adding new compositions for added variation?

I am running a Northern Fronts server for my gang and would love to find out how to achieve great WW2 scenarios with least mods running.

is this obvious for everyone else?

• Like 1

Hey good questions:

IFA3 AIO LITE stands for  IFA3 - Iron front in Arma3, and the AIO Lite stands for All in one, that means its all the content in one mod, 

• Exactly the same selection of assets and features as in the FULL version.
  • Free version with lower quality textures and sounds.
  • SP missions and campaigns are not available.

The Lite stands for a lite version of the textures and sounds, they are lower rez compared to the game iron front.

So you have the following:

• IFA3_LITE - This is just the base Iron Front in Arma 3 mod. It does not contain terrains (IF nor I44) nor WW2 objects.
  • IFA3_Terrains_LITE - All terrains that are in the base game (Iron front: liberation 1944)
    * Poland Staszow 1944 (290km2)
    * Poland Baranow 1944 (64km2)
    * Ukraine Panovo 1944 (25km2)
    * Ukraine Ivachec 1944 (1km2)
    * France Colleville 1944 (25km2)
  • WW2_OBJECTS - this mod just gives more objects for terrain makers to work with, also if your making a mission theres more objects to work with. Contains:
    * Beton Objects
    * I44 Objects
    * IFA3 Objects LITE
    * OPX Wheat
  • I44_Terrains - This is a port of all the terrains from the Invasion 1944 mod.
  • IFA3 AIO LITE - is all the above in this version hence AIO or All in one.

The mods above are from the IFA3 team lead by Kju.

1 hour ago, specialsmith said:

Is the Liberation complementary to AIO LITE, or what?

Yes it was created by Pioneer who is part of the IFA3 team but the mods are not created for IFA3 as in part of the IFA3 download, they are

standlaone mod independent of IFA3 but are required by IFA3 if you plan to use them.

================

So all you need for IFA3 is the AIO_Lite as it has everything in it, the liberation, and real panzer at the bottom are separate mods that add functions, and new content outside of IFA3_AIO_LIte.

but still it is not clear what should be run on a server for optimal WW2 experience.

Think of it this way, anything that a mission uses  tanks, vehicles, objects basically anything that is added to the mission outside of the vanilla game will need to be on the server.

What does “WOG modpack” mean?

WOG stands for Weekly Open games, and the pack was to compliment it which is all the content from IFA3 Liberation, the pack actually was my IFA3WarModSA seen here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/190282-ifa3warmodsa-a-standalone-content-mod/

but my content was from Pioneer and many others, then various updates broke certain aspects of it, and then Pioneer released his liberation with all the content in it, fixed.

@Gunter Severloh’s WW2 mod list is amazingly great, still I seem to fail to find out how these different mods come together, or don’t.

Thank you, all i can tell you is look at the requirements for each mod and go from there, some conversion mods like IFA3 has some of this content already so it depends.

Also, is GEIST improving visuals of existing IFA units, or just adding new compositions for added variation?

Geist adds new uniforms, gear ect,. it dont change anything but that, its also a standalone mod.

• Like 1

Sorry Gunther but your details on Liberation are wrong.

PIONEER was not part of our team. Shvetz was.

Liberation was also not a "full version of IFA3" or sth.

Liberation is simply a mod pack of various WW2 assets. Largely from Shvetz and partially from WOG (which Shvetz was also involved in).

We asked PIONEER to drop the IFA3 tag to avoid confusion but he refused.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey good questions:

IFA3 AIO LITE stands for  IFA3 - Iron front in Arma3, and the AIO Lite stands for All in one, that means its all the content in one mod, 

• Exactly the same selection of assets and features as in the FULL version.
  • Free version with lower quality textures and sounds.
  • SP missions and campaigns are not available.

The Lite stands for a lite version of the textures and sounds, they are lower rez compared to the game iron front.

So you have the following:

• IFA3_LITE - This is just the base Iron Front in Arma 3 mod. It does not contain terrains (IF nor I44) nor WW2 objects.
  • IFA3_Terrains_LITE - All terrains that are in the base game (Iron front: liberation 1944)
    * Poland Staszow 1944 (290km2)
    * Poland Baranow 1944 (64km2)
    * Ukraine Panovo 1944 (25km2)
    * Ukraine Ivachec 1944 (1km2)
    * France Colleville 1944 (25km2)
  • WW2_OBJECTS - this mod just gives more objects for terrain makers to work with, also if your making a mission theres more objects to work with. Contains:
    * Beton Objects
    * I44 Objects
    * IFA3 Objects LITE
    * OPX Wheat
  • I44_Terrains - This is a port of all the terrains from the Invasion 1944 mod.
  • IFA3 AIO LITE - is all the above in this version hence AIO or All in one.

The mods above are from the IFA3 team lead by Kju.

Yes it was created by Pioneer who is part of the IFA3 team but the mods are not created for IFA3 as in part of the IFA3 download, they are

standlaone mod independent of IFA3 but are required by IFA3 if you plan to use them.

================

So all you need for IFA3 is the AIO_Lite as it has everything in it, the liberation, and real panzer at the bottom are separate mods that add functions, and new content outside of IFA3_AIO_LIte.

Think of it this way, anything that a mission uses  tanks, vehicles, objects basically anything that is added to the mission outside of the vanilla game will need to be on the server.

WOG stands for Weekly Open games, and the pack was to compliment it which is all the content from IFA3 Liberation, the pack actually was my IFA3WarModSA seen here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/190282-ifa3warmodsa-a-standalone-content-mod/

but my content was from Pioneer and many others, then various updates broke certain aspects of it, and then Pioneer released his liberation with all the content in it, fixed.

Thank you, all i can tell you is look at the requirements for each mod and go from there, some conversion mods like IFA3 has some of this content already so it depends.

Geist adds new uniforms, gear ect,. it dont change anything but that, its also a standalone mod.

Thank you a ton for such a complete answer! I think your answer should be sticked on top of one of these forums. I'm sure there are more than me trying to figure out how these different mods differentiate, and if they do, how do they complement each other. I am familiar enough with mods since OFP, so the technology is not really the problem. The problem comes when you try to provide your mates with a consisten gaming experience, and try to figure what mods to run to cover all the nations, their armies and different types of units - AND to do this in the best possible quality. I do own Iron Front: Liberation 1944, so I did understand what IFA3 stands for. But I bet there are thousands of enthusiasts who have no idea and struggle in front of the sea of mods. Don't get me wrong, I think the amount of options and the quality of the community work is amazing and highly appreciated by us all. It just can be a bit overwhelming... 😉 I also think that there are many who don't get the "same as FULL version but..." because people probably don't know that we are referring to a standalone game that has its own assets and those are ported to ArmA 3 in a mod in lower resolution - hence not 'FULL'.

I can admit that I at least did not understand that IFA3_AIO_LITE includes(!) the WW2_objects. I have made so many missions and included both of the mods in my server requirements making my small community go crazy due to the 25Gees of download before they get playing... 😐 Thanks for clarification!!

13 hours ago, .kju said:

Liberation is simply a mod pack of various WW2 assets. Largely from Shvetz and partially from WOG (which Shvetz was also involved in).

We asked PIONEER to drop the IFA3 tag to avoid confusion but he refused.

The clarification is important, and so is the background @Gunter Severloh started describing. This gives us context on who are behind these mods, and helps to understand what to expect. I tend to agree, that naming should be different if the mods are not officially related...

14 hours ago, .kju said:

Did you read the whole line?

18 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

IFA3 liberation - is a huge modpack port from old unsupported full version of Iron Front Arma 3 in to the lite version. It adds new tanks, weapons, guns.

That means it was from the AIA  2015 version no?

Better tell Pioneer that then as i got the information from his workshop page see for yourself the description he has there

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=950999958

As for Pioneer being part of the team yes i remember now that you had brought Shvetz name up think i had those two names flip flopped but i was

Shvetz back when i was building my IFA3WarModSA whom i talked to and some others, then i think it was Pioneer who took those files fixed them and

then created the Liberation mod.

Gunter you are creating unnecessary confusion here.

There was never a "full version of Iron Front Arma 3". There was a conversion process.

Its also completely unrelated to Liberation. As said Liberation is assets extracted from WOG mod pack mostly built by Shvez, Justfigter and a few others (and various models taken from 3rd party games without permission).

Again no relation or relevance to "full version of Iron Front Arma 3".

Copying info from 3rd party doesnt make it true or relevant.

Since everything i say is incorrect and or misunderstood, i wont say anything anymore to help, Kju will help you instead.

So in the future use the IFA3 release thread, maybe some competent people who can outline, and take the time to explain

everything can do better with accurate information.