cervantes

a mistery around physx submarine solved.

finaly i have trying to work a large sub model with large geo lods and the result is the next.

all physx params in config is apply corectly only if a submarine is totaly submerged but encountering one heavy water resistance for dive to surface at totaly submerged.

for fix that i have just reduced a size from geo lod and buyoancy lod.

this 2 lods really affect a penetration to underwater.

the alternative from DSabre is one solution.

my meshs in geo lods is a same meshs works on the hull body from submarine  resolution lod.

just size is now diferents 🙂

After updating my capital ships the last few days I think the geo and buoyancy  meshes could be made larger if the mass is increased. Not that I consider collision soo important in that case really.

The actual mass of a Type VII would be 600-750 tons (surface/submerged). My version is way too light at 10 tons and maybe that is why I had to reduce geo and buoyancy meshes so much.

Even at 35 000 tons (35000000 units in oxygen) my cruisers still have a smaller geo mesh than the actual shape or they would sit too high in the water.

Yes if we follow the uss iowa tutorial that corespond 🙂

On 5/5/2020 at 3:34, DSabre said:

Después de actualizar mis naves capitales los últimos días, creo que las mallas geográficas y de flotabilidad podrían aumentar si se aumenta la masa. No es que yo considere colisión tan importante en ese caso realmente.

La masa real de un Tipo VII sería 600-750 toneladas (superficie / sumergida). Mi versión es demasiado liviana con 10 toneladas y tal vez por eso tuve que reducir tanto las mallas geográficas y de flotabilidad.

Incluso a 35 000 toneladas (35000000 unidades en oxígeno) mis cruceros todavía tienen una malla geográfica más pequeña que la forma real o se quedarían demasiado alto en el agua.

their ships are really beautiful, i really like their mod

On 5/5/2020 at 1:34 AM, DSabre said:

Even at 35 000 tons (35000000 units in oxygen) my cruisers still have a smaller geo mesh than the actual shape or they would sit too high in the water. 

I have found that you can adjust the buoyancy LOD up/down to adjust the depth of the vehicle in the water.  There is absolutely no reason not to since this LOD's only purpose is to interact with the water.  Most if not all of my amphib vehicles have a buoyancy LOD that's about 1m higher than the geo lod.

nice observation hcpookie that add better buoyancy simulation 😉

is also a buoyancy lod affect a diving underwater penetration for a physx submarines 🙂

that not fix this troubl if we use large geo lods but add a better buoyancy.