cervantes

a mistery around physx submarine solved.

hi here today i want share with arma3 devs and arma3 game mod developers a tutorial for working your physx submarines 🙂

with this damned covid 19 quarantine i have finaly find a time for testing more a physx engine on arma3.

after one habitual intensive brainsotrming 😄 around informations share by bohemia for we can understanding how working a physx vehicles on arma3.

and wiki tutorials and samples generously share by bohemia interactive we have all informations for working a physx submarines.

for that we need understanding the first most important interpretation on the physx engine from arma3.

arma3 use 3 lods for simulating a physx  vehicles, a geo lod, a buyoancy lod and a physx lod.

when we playing a arma3 sdv  we can see clearly a sdv use 3 vehicles type physx simulation.

we can dive with altdiving and same keyboard config to helicopter vehicles types and use similar huds 😉

also directions from sdv move working same to airplaines vehicles types 😉 and also similar hud 🙂

same into config .cpp

with that and logic we can define a sdv use that 2 vehicles type properties and a sdv is also one physx boat 🙂

if we read a manual for oxygen2 and object builder we can observing no limitations for use a geo lods properties for a vehicle type.

a samples share by bohemia offering clearly this properties on the helicoptere and airplaine sample model.

same for landcontact lod use same works to helicoptere sample.

for the parent class i use a same to sdv config boat_f 🙂

you can discovering for better understanding this tutorial movie for this geo lods properties exemple .

and you can see a result on this first custom physx submarine for my personal project and working my first dlc for arma3.

now a flight is fade on this mistery around a physx submarine 🙂

hope that help devs and gamemod devs to understanding more on this awesome physx engine 🙂

also i have not testing that on large submarine because i think the physx engine is not work for that hope one real developement from bohemia for that and add a torpedoes simulation 🙂

Cordialy Cervantes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone Cervantes! I imagine a lot of work went into figuring this all out.

I have spent a several ultimately unproductive hours trying to get a custom submarine to work. No doubt you will save other modders a lot of wasted time with this new information.

Cheers!

hi chops i think the congratulations is for bohemia they have make one real informations share for we can work that .

i have just resume a devs log and wiki informations generously share by bohemia.

and i can imagine your dificulties for developing that i also used time for understanding all informations arround a arma3 physx engine 🙂 

• Like 1

On this movie you can see one little pitch on the batyscaphe its a weight defined in mass .

This pitch can afect move on your model if the pitch is on the nose the sub dive down and if pitch is on back a sub dive up.

I have add more mass on the box geo lod and this fix a problem same to bohemia description on the physx boat tutorial.

And the mass is now corectly balanced a position during static and moves directions.

also i observing waterResistanceCoef=0.015; in config affecting also pitch and one real influence on the physx engine.

for the news with tests on physx submarine you can now discovering the A-S40 DSRV class bester for underwater rescues operations 🙂

• Like 4

good job bro thanks for sharing your analysis, that helps us a lot a lot

Ty 🙂 post your current or futur projects with physx submarines i like also play and discovering your works guys 😉

12 hours ago, cervantes said:

Ty 🙂 publica tus proyectos actuales o futuros con submarinos physx que también me gustan, juega y descubre tus trabajos chicos 😉

the publication is coming, I still need a bit to publish it

Which issue, Cervantes???

Have you found something that could help making bigger submarines posible?? 

I would love having a SSK for SEAL like missions...

hi mankkyle oh i have just edit this last post because i have solved myself my troubl 😉

not really testing that on bigger submarine but i think the physx submarine is so limited for size 🙂

i actualy works on 4 physx submarines and they have all diferents sizes.

the most bigger model do not dive with same speed because size affect a physx 🙂

also of course diferents physx params can be also affect the physx .

its also possible to works a physx config params for diférents needs but i have not really continue to read that because i need more time for understand all params 😉

but diferrents modders claim a better torque for a physx but i not actualy realy understanding if that can be help for bigger submarines 🙂

of course with this tutorial i think you can try that on your submarines projects for known more 😉

Maybe this can help you - My submarines are pretty simple.

It is very important where you put your CoG. Huge time sink to get it set up properly.

Tiny offset will have a huge impact. Bounding box of visual lod seems to have an effect.

Any change to it and you may need to start over.

oNT6j6Q.png

Property: buoyancy = 1;

Mass = 10000;

6zhWVC5.png

Property: /

Mass = 0;

1ISADkW.png

Property: /

Mass = 0;

PS: I wonder what would happen if I animated the geo lods with the dive planes, make them move slightly forwards or backwards.

***(tested a few days later, did not have any effect)***

Edited by DSabre

hi Dsabre of course if you reduce a size inside geo lods this can be working.

but your colision is reduced also at this size 😉

with my 4 models with aproximatly same size i see one real diference with larger of this lods but not realy in longer.

the larger affect a speed of diving but this working perfectly 🙂

for the moment im so busy with this new project for add a civilians physx submarines deployed by cargo ship.

is not one big project but its one long works how you known 🙂

off course i think testing that on my u-boats models after i finich this project 🙂

hi here 🙂

i have finaly finiched a base of my last physx submarine dsrv.

the NSRS srv1 class glasgow

https://youtu.be/xP8ywu4t2zM

you can compare a size with the AS-40 dsrv this model is more large and long.

of course the size affect a diving and speed of this model.

for diving i have add more mass on my geo lod  and this diving better 🙂

and change deffaut value of engine for a speed.

• Like 1

beautiful song of the movie the singing of the wolf, where can I find that map of the Atlantic ocean my friend @cervantes

The north atlantic map is a custom map for the ww2 warships mod 🙂

not actualy finished because i testing differents colored sat map for working a seabed.

i think i can make better rendering but i need more practice for that.

ah ok I understand, the water has a very nice color, it looks better like this

i  use a rgb antlantic green color code 😉

Time to revisit my depth charges and underwater mines 🙂

• Like 1

hi hcpookie yes i think you can 🙂

im acutaly works on on other model and that model is long and large i just add more mass in geo lod and that working 🙂

that possible to work  with various sizes of models for physx simulation i not known if size max is defined  but i enlarge my subs at each model i work 🙂

Oh I already have them working... just need to dust them off 😉

lol i just clic on your Fandom is broken really nice picture from kathy bates 😛