Hey there so I have an idea for a new assault rifle for the game. So far I’ve been super pleased with the new guns but feel that the middle to lower tier of weapons haven’t seen quite as much love(blue and below). The MGV 176 and combat magnum were magnificent additions to the game as they are reasonably priced and not bad guns but also not overpowered. I would love to see more of this seeing as we are getting many military grade  and special issue rarity guns and they seem to be dominating the encounters I play in, both in success found with them(which I have no problem with) and the number of them that I see which seems to far outweigh that of rare and lower quality weapons for the most part. I would propose a VSS Vintorez, without its scope, and given a 30 round mag. Now I would also expect a lower damage output, relevant to the magazine increase, possibly 3 shots to the body at least all though 4 would make it comparable to the AKM and A74K(which I believe would be a stellar counterpart), as opposed to the 2 shot kill from the scoped VSS. I would also suggest this gun be a blue rarity so it is an expensive and viable yet obtainable and enjoyable and interesting addition. As for range and fire rate I would imagine that a merge between the VSS and AKM would do quite nicely. About 600-650 fire rate(rounds per minute) and most likely the same range stat as the VSS seeing as the real life counterpart fires subsonic ammunition and it is in fact suppressed it would have a lower velocity and thus lower damage at range. As for third person bloom and first person recoil I would say that another mix between the AKM and VSS would do just fine and work quite well.  If y’all have any thoughts go ahead and let me know, but if you agree let’s see what the devs think, thank you for your time. 

I would propose a VSS Vintorez, without its scope, and given a 30 round mag

To stick to the reallity, the VSS vintorez was designed by the USSR to be a silence sniper rifle.
It was a big top secret project for the soviets, when they where in Afghanistan war.

Without a scope, it will be an unreallistic weapon.

And to keep going with the reallity, it was served with mags of 10 or 20 bullets.
With the 20 bullets, the sharshooter wasn't animore able to prone with the gun

I totally agree that the point of the VSS was as a DMR but there was in fact a special rifle configuration cal the VAL, which was set up similarly to an AKM with a standard stock instead of the thumb hole stock, and without the scope and with 30 rounds mags. I hadn’t been able to think of what it was when I wrote this but I still feel that adding a VAL would be a great addition for the player base and the longevity and growth of the game. And just to be clear I am not proposing any changes to the VSS Vintorez only an addition to the game in its VAL configuration. 

The AKM mod Val, called AS-Val was made in 1987, which appears too far from the "fall" in this game.

There is already the MP5, what will be the interest of a new silenced weapon ?
It's starting to make a lot : Mp5, SVU, Vintorez...

From what I can see the VSS is also produced in the 80s...and the ADR(P90) in the 90s...this game doesn’t exactly have a set timeline and their is clearly newer firearms than the AS VAL.....and I am proposing this because the silenced weapons are popular clearly. But I see a very limited use of green and blue rarity guns and I find that the AS VAL would be an addition that is both attractive but useable. It would help draw more attention to green and blue rarity guns(in the original post I laid this out)

Considering that the AS VAL fires the same 9x39 round as the VSS, has 900RPM and is capable of fitting a 30 round magazine means it would be incredibly powerful comparably speaking. 

If the game continues to follow its apparently "same damage per cartridge" sort of ideals (which seem to be bugged) that would mean the AS VAL on paper would be capable of 75 damage per shot. 
75 damage at 900 rounds per minute with a 30 round mag would probably make it the strongest damage dealer in the game at closer range. 
Even with the heavy drop off of the sub-sonic rounds it still takes about the 100m mark for it to lose its 2-shot kill capabilities. 

If they ever add this gun it'll probably be military grade or special issue and it will probably be overpowered and overpriced for the plan because Bohemia seems to love power-creep as shown by them adding portable signal detectors and a version of the SVD and G3 that are both literally better in every way lol.

I agree that if they do it that way then it would be ridiculous but I did say that in my original post that the damage could be changed. They changed it with the G3 and it’s SG1 counterpart. 4 shots to kill with the G3 and only 2 with the SG1(scarecrow testing) yes there are bugs and issues in the game but they are clearly not following real life numbers with this game and they have the freedom of design while being a fictional game. All I’m really asking for is support because as the player base we can make the changes. I think this would be an awesome start and that if we like the idea that I set forth that we should say so. Don’t act on what Bohemia has been doing act on what we think is the correct direction for the game and hold them to a higher standard and give them ideas that we like so that we have something to look back on and say hey we told you we wanted this. We don’t get changes by not talking it over. We get changes by getting the player base to make a stand or voice their opinions. 

1 hour ago, Mercer1776 said:

I agree that if they do it that way then it would be ridiculous but I did say that in my original post that the damage could be changed. They changed it with the G3 and it’s SG1 counterpart. 4 shots to kill with the G3 and only 2 with the SG1(scarecrow testing) yes there are bugs and issues in the game but they are clearly not following real life numbers with this game and they have the freedom of design while being a fictional game. All I’m really asking for is support because as the player base we can make the changes. I think this would be an awesome start and that if we like the idea that I set forth that we should say so. Don’t act on what Bohemia has been doing act on what we think is the correct direction for the game and hold them to a higher standard and give them ideas that we like so that we have something to look back on and say hey we told you we wanted this. We don’t get changes by not talking it over. We get changes by getting the player base to make a stand or voice their opinions. 

If you want to talk about having a voice on these forums check the poll with currently 11 in favor of bringing back map select and 1 not in favor and you'll realize that it's been almost a month since they've removed it with no trace of them listening to us. 

We do get changes by not talking it over, that's how Bohemia has been taking this game. They don't care about what the community is saying and I hope it kills the game unless they listen. 

There was a time the antenna gave 20 crowns a day or something now it's down to 6. On facebook people were pissed about it and the vigor team said they're "open to your feedback" yet nothing changed.
Crates drop tables are diluted with bullets, common gun parts, cosmetics and knives. Even special issue crates can drop poukko parts and fucking cheap cosmetics which should never be in that tier.
The food crates now take a ridiculous amount of grinding to get 1 military grade or special issue crate at a time. To get 130 000 food in 40 days you need to make 3250 food a day which is insane.
They also increased the cost of ammo and many guns for no reason over time. I think there was a time where even a P90 costed under 5000 materials, now guns that can't even compare to the P90 cost 10200 materials (many rare guns are no better than common). And rounds used to cost 4-6 to make about with those same rounds now costing 10-20 materials. 

They've also added more and more consumables you NEED to bring to have a chance now.
Caffeine will allow you to outrun people who could run from you in the past.

Portable detectors allow you to find anyone who might try to hide from you. 
Iodine allows you to out-camp anybody else in the lobby. 
And the P90 or G3 SG1 allow you to out-gun most people because they're just that much more powerful that you have to be stupid to do badly with those guns. 
All of these things required only promoted the "buy insurance every game" psychology which makes the game pay to win. 
If you want to keep your guns, ammo and overpowered consumables all the while bringing as much of anything you want then look no farther vigor is the rich-mans pay-to-win paradise to beat up on people who don't buy crowns with their paychecks every week. 

• Like 1

The best thing to do is to just not talk about it because they're great at giving us things the fanbase didn't ask for...

• Like 1