mrevilck

Civilian Presence agents and sectors

Hi!

Newbie needs help here.

I'm trying to make a MP sector control mission with civilian presence.
Fighting sides are EAST and WEST. Civilians are mainly there for cosmetics at the momend but i want to implement a penalty for civ casulties later on.

My problem occures when i set the civpres module to "use agents" (for less demanding ai).
When a civ agent wanders inside a sector it starts to neutralize the sector. If i dont use the "use agents" option or just place nomal CIVs in the sectors there is no problem.

SecContol module and Sectors are synced to Side WEST and EAST, so I tried to create an Independent/Resistance colonel and group the spawned civ agents to that unit but no luck.
(is this even an accepted method to chage the side of a unit?)
Are agents tended to work like this or im missing something?
is there any workaround / best practice for this "problem"?

Thank you

Hey bub,

I admit I don't have experience with the Sector Modules. But I am still confused by your wording. What does "neutralize" mean, in your case? To which side do sectors go to when civilians enter them?

First thing I can think of, is to enter some code in the blank field of the civilian presence module, that executes upon unit creation:

this setCaptive true;

But I admit I am shooting in the dark here.

Hi

The sector's OWNER value goes to UNKNOWN as soon as a civ gets inside the zone and stays UNKNOWN after they "capture" it fully as well.

setCaptive makes no difference

Your sector modules should have only the sides that are fighting synced to it and your sector control module should have the sides fighting synced to it. Your sector or sectors should be synced to your sector control module. Its easier just to send a picture. If you set it up this way civs should have no effect cause they aren't a side that the sector control module will show any regard for. Now there are more ways to set up sectors than the way I do it and I've done it different ways. Do you have sides modules synced to both the sector and the sector control modules?IVfettT3_o.jpg

Hi
Thanks for your reply

I only synced sides to the sector control module not the actual sectors ... that might be a problem 
but i still dont get why i need to sync it to them independently if i synced it to the main module and synced the senctores to that..

I dont really get why i need an area+trigger per sector. (as seen on your setup)
The sector module itself acts like a trigger ... am i getting it wrong?
Actually that part seemed to work for me this way without issues. But I'll give it a try.

my setup looks like this:

zWOrrN6.jpg

Yes the sector acts like a trigger but it is not as good as one IMO and having sides defined on each one should fix your problem. I have never done it but I guess you could sync them to the sector module and keep using it as the trigger but I've not tried that. The sides that are eligible to score and capture need to be defined everywhere, IMO.

The way I do it now is the first way I did it. It was in the first guide I saw on making sectors a long time ago. I also used the sectors like a trigger like you do for awhile but I found the old convoluted way works better. The trigger switching sides seems to work better to set off other things if I use its condition (which is the condition of the sector module I know but the trigger on the map changing it is just different and better IMO) for having a spawn point inside that sector show up or other stuff.

I didn't use sides either when changing to the "new way" you are doing it either but I had more problems when doing that.

Last thing I see is your bleed tickets and respawn tickets modules are not synced to the sector control module