Sign in to follow this  
islesfan186

Have AI break contact on trigger

So I'm trying to make a mission where I land in a hot LZ infested with zombies and as soon I touch down, the AI infantry I'm picking up just break contact and come to the helicopter.  At first, they wouldn't board the aircraft until all the enemies were killed.  To work around that I inserted a radio alpha trigger with this in the "on activation" section:

nomad setcombatmode "green"; nomad setspeedmode "full"

They stop firing but the guys constantly stop and look back and eventually get overtaken by the enemy zombies.  I replaced the enemies with regular soldiers to see if that would change anything, but no dice.  Adding setbehaviour "safe" or "careless" made it worse.  The guys just moved like they were on a leisurely Sunday stroll.

So my question is, how, on a radio trigger, can I get my guys to just completely break contact (stop firing) with the enemy and RUN to the damn helicopter without constantly stopping and turning around to face the enemy?  Keep in mind, my scripting/command skills are damn near non-existent, so the simplest solution would be appreciated.

You could try to do the following:

YOURSIDE setFriend [ENEMYSIDE, 1];

e.g, your team is blufor and the enemy team is opfor so you would do the following:

BLUFOR setFriend [OPFOR, 1];

This command must however be ran on the server / host user, is this a single player or multiplayer mission you're making?

Chewz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chewz said:

You could try to do the following:

YOURSIDE setFriend [ENEMYSIDE, 1];

e.g, your team is blufor and the enemy team is opfor so you would do the following:

BLUFOR setFriend [OPFOR, 1];

This command must however be ran on the server / host user, is this a single player or multiplayer mission you're making?

Chewz

Right now I’m just in the editor trying to get thr desired effect.  It would be just for a SP mission though.  I tried using allowfleeing as well but that didn’t work either

This should still work on single player, as you would be 'acting' as the server. Have you had any luck with this command? 

I'm worried the AI may still engage as they are already targeted on the desired enemy. 

I would have a look at @pierremgi's post in this forum post, as it seems to be a recurring issue! 

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/207330-how-to-make-a-run-ai-units-under-enemy-fire/?do=findComment&comment=3243056

Hopefully this helps, let me know if you don't have any luck 🙂

Chewz

On 4/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, Chewz said:

This should still work on single player, as you would be 'acting' as the server. Have you had any luck with this command? 

I'm worried the AI may still engage as they are already targeted on the desired enemy. 

I would have a look at @pierremgi's post in this forum post, as it seems to be a recurring issue! 

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/207330-how-to-make-a-run-ai-units-under-enemy-fire/?do=findComment&comment=3243056

Hopefully this helps, let me know if you don't have any luck 🙂

Chewz

I’ll have to give this a shot.  
Probably a silly question, but where it says “myGroup”, do I replace that with the name of the group?  And does that whole thing go in the trigger “on activation” section or somewhere else?

Appreicate the help.

4 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

I’ll have to give this a shot.  
Probably a silly question, but where it says “myGroup”, do I replace that with the name of the group?  And does that whole thing go in the trigger “on activation” section or somewhere else?

Appreicate the help.

Hi

Yes, replace the myGroup variable with the variable name of your group, and provided your trigger only activates when you land, then yes you would put it in the 'on activation' section.

Thanks

Chewz

11 hours ago, Chewz said:

Hi

Yes, replace the myGroup variable with the variable name of your group, and provided your trigger only activates when you land, then yes you would put it in the 'on activation' section.

Thanks

Chewz

Tried it.  Getting the same issue with the group constantly stopping and turning around like I was getting with what I had originally tried.  Guess I might have to just chalk it up to Arma 3 AI.  Appreciate the help though