Gunter Severloh

ETS - Enemy Tagging System

24 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So your drone function is in a script in the mission i presume?

Should ask Horstzy if hes interested he could extract it and turn it into a mod if you wanted, of course ask him first but he has some great skill.

:yeahthat:...please..many of us are been waiting for a mod like that. A small drone carriable in the backpack instead of having a dedicated unit for UAV operation is much needed...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So your drone function is in a script in the mission i presume?

Should ask Horstzy if hes interested he could extract it and turn it into a mod if you wanted, of course ask him first but he has some great skill.

If someone is up to assist me I absolutely would consider making it into a mod, but I barely managed to make a sound and image pack lol. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

:yeahthat:...please..many of us are been waiting for a mod like that. A small drone carriable in the backpack instead of having a dedicated unit for UAV operation is much needed...

Mine functions like wildlands, currently you press a button then a drone gets kinda "thrown" into the air, there's no animations or anything, just a drone spawns flying in the air and you instantly take controls of it. There's a recon one, which i made able to drop smoke grenades, the other is a medic which heals players in the area of it, and can revive players, and then there's two different combat style ones.

• Like 3

Nice dude!

Dont need any special animation, just having a drone in Arma3 that functions like GRW drone with its ability

and combined with ETS itself would be cool and fun as hell to play with!

Are you able to undelploy the drone in the same fashion like press whatever key to deploy it, it returns back or how does that work?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Nice dude!

Dont need any special animation, just having a drone in Arma3 that functions like GRW drone with its ability

and combined with ETS itself would be cool and fun as hell to play with!

Are you able to undelploy the drone in the same fashion like press whatever key to deploy it, it returns back or how does that work?

Currently they have a battery life of like 2 minutes and auto clean up after its all said and done, but I was going to add a scroll menu to "put it away", or delete it.

But, since there's interest from people wanting to see the script become a standalone mod I am currently right now taking a look at attaching a faux drone to the players hand, and doing a grenade throw animation along with a small sleep timer to make it seem like the drone got thrown into the air. 

• Like 3

I dont want to derail the thread here with this new subject, maybe you could release your script you put together on its own thread

and we can continue the discussion there that would be ideal, but ETS would definitely compliment the drone, something new and unique and game changing to what everyone us used too

that is if folks are interested and have a use for it.

• Like 2

Just now, Gunter Severloh said:

I dont want to derail the thread here with this new subject, maybe you could release your script you put together on its own thread

and we can continue the discussion there that would be ideal, but ETS would definitely compliment the drone, something new and unique and game changing to what everyone us used too

that is if folks are interested and have a use for it.

Absolutely, I was actually worried about derailing your thread a long time ago, but I wanted to keep no reply unreplied, sorry about that lmao.
I'll make a new post soon, when I figure out the appropriate forum that is. What would be the best topic for a mod that isn't ready for prime time but is basically a WIP close to being released? I'll make a thread there and post the video demonstration in the OP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slay No More said:

What would be the best topic for a mod that isn't ready for prime time but is basically a WIP close to being released?

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/155-arma-3-addons-mods-discussion/

That would be the ideal section. But best topic as in a name? Name would be based on what it does, you could name it like Slay's GRW Drone mod

or something like it, whatever you think its your work, but then put - WIP on the end of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/155-arma-3-addons-mods-discussion/

That would be the ideal section. But best topic as in a name? Name would be based on what it does, you could name it like Slay's GRW Drone mod

or something like it, whatever you think its your work, but then put - WIP on the end of it.

Sorry one final off-topic post, here's the WIP thread, I'll keep the future discussion there.

• Like 3