mzgr

Repeatable but limited arty support on trigger

Hello,

I am one step away from finishing my first mission. BLUEFOR vs OPFOR PvP.
I’ve watched and read a few tutorials on the subject, but i can’t get this to work.

These are the details:
each side has 3 ATV’s.

ATV_Alpha, ATV_Bravo and ATV_Charlie for BLUEFOR.

ATV_One, ATV_Two and ATV_Three for OPFOR.

If they get fully destroyed, they respawn after 10s.

When a team destroys one of three enemy ATV’s, they get arty support for reward, for example 7 rounds.

Destroyed ATV respawns. After that team uses those 7 rounds, they dont have arty support available any more.

If that team again destroys any of three enemy ATV’s, they again get arty support with 7 rounds available.
And so on and so on...forever.

If a team does not use the 7 rounds available and they destroy another ATV,  they still have the maximum 7 rounds or 9 or whatever.

I managed to set it up with artillery support modules and tasks, but after the ATV is destroyed, and one barrage is fired, support remains available. 
Also, eventualy the support providing artillery runs out of ammo. 
I am using RHS american and russian artillery but i dont care about where are the rounds coming from i just want those 7 rounds to hit around the area that a player has marked.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDITED:

i expressed what i need abit clearer here... i hope

artillery-reward.jpg

Quick_Example mission(kill the ATV with the provided RPG to receive 1 use of artiller support). You can find a list of some of the available variables Here.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatly, this is not compatible with a  important script that is already being used (it deals with teleports and respawns of vehicles)

Here are more details and the mission itself:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/04finddvceuszlt/mission and detail.7z?dl=0

If you have the patience to look at it, that'd be great...if not,  still thank you for the effort.

TOTALLY_UNTESTED so do not go overwriting your existing mission.

Untested as I cant be bothered to install required mods etc. May need some love, see comments in initServer.sqf

oh i have faith, i'll start testing and get back to you. Thanks man!

in the mean time, this might help...i expressed what i need abit clearer:

artillery-reward.jpg

Hello again,

first time I heard about eventHandlers was few days ago, so since then I've been reading about them a lot but still know a little. I've also read the instructions you wrote in the fn_artilleryRewardEH.sqf.

I’ve applied stuff from my mission to fn_artilleryRewardEH.sqf by method of best guess with only one ATV (out of 6). The result is nothing. Everything works as before, nothing is broken but also nothing happens when the vehicle is destroyed. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, but there is also no error messages. In my first couple of attempts I used to get a lot of them. I’m reuploading the file you sent me with the latest changes.

Also I’ve written some of my own notes and dillemas in fn_artilleryRewardEH.sqf.

If you have the time to take a look at it, that’d be amazing and it would also be another step towards restoring my faith in mankind.

mission folder