Crielaard

After Action Review - by Lowlands Warrior

Since this week we have started to work on an AAR script! We hope to help the Milsim and Realism community to get the best out of their debriefings. Maybe even the PvP community is going to be able to use it aswel!

The battlefield is going to be exported into CSV format and ready through an external application afterwards.

The first tests so far are promising. We hope to be able to show you more in the form of video's very soon!

• Like 1

If I may ask, what is the incentive to start development on a tool as opposed to using existing tooling like for example R3 and Athena? For one, I know R3 still works like a charm.

We would like to present the first capabilities of Lowlands Warrior After Action Review script

Some of you may recognise TacView, used for several flight simulators.

This is the fileformat we'll be exporting to.

The video is from the very very first test. And it has already improved as I post this.

@ligthert

COVID-19

Here some more footage!

Also Infantry is taking shape in the AAR from Tacview now

• Like 1

I suspected that you would use TacView for this when you wrote "The battlefield is going to be exported into CSV format and ready through an external application afterwards.". The showstoppers for me were the the one-unit-per-csv limit and the it is borderline impossible to get A3 (height)maps into TV. So I dropped this idea on my end.

It is rather easy to get the heightmaps from the wrp files. Or ask the map dev, if you want.

We directly export ALL units into TacView's native format.

More progress videos to come!

More progress!

Record with Multiple units. No limit has been tested so far. But performance impact is neglectable.

This was tested in the VR terrain with a few small objects placed.

• Like 2

Sorry to comment on such an old post, but info on this topic is very hard to find :)

I've been working on a 2D AAR mod called OCAP and am very interested in branching into TacView as a 3D alternative. The biggest challenge has been converting Arma coordinates into an effective world-scale Lat/Lng for this pursuit. With a simplified CRS system for the 2D playback, we haven't needed to do such mapping, but because TacView uses real-world positions, it's a requirement.

Exporting terrains to map can work, as their configs often include (rough) latitude and longitude references. I've already experimented with generating in-game terrains into TacView overlay tiles, haven't played with actual height mapping yet. But I'd be very interested in how you were able to translate in-game cartesian X/Y coordinates to spherical world space. There are a lot of potential applications for doing so.