eKLaB

New Exploit

I started playing with a new random duo and we played on for a few hours.

He brought to my attention a method that was being exploited multiple times through the night.

It was also easily picked up, when you could see the load outs in lobby, you could see what was being done.

One pair of the the duo would bring nothing to the game while the other parter was bringing double the chosen weapon i.e ADR or Gewer SG1

Supposedly there is an exploit that lets that person keep their load out while the other person picks up what's in their load out without them losing anything.

The person carrying double the weapons always boosts loot and crates to their maximum.

I managed to kill one of these exploiters and found that not only are they carrying double their weapons but they are also filling all their slots with portable signals detectors.

Clearly this is an exploit that needs closing.

The exact mechanics of how they do it I'm unclear of but this is straight up exploiting/cheating that's not in the spirit of the game and needs to end.

Has anybody else noticed this?

4 hours ago, eKLaB said:

I started playing with a new random duo and we played on for a few hours.

He brought to my attention a method that was being exploited multiple times through the night.

It was also easily picked up, when you could see the load outs in lobby, you could see what was being done.

One pair of the the duo would bring nothing to the game while the other parter was bringing double the chosen weapon i.e ADR or Gewer SG1

Supposedly there is an exploit that lets that person keep their load out while the other person picks up what's in their load out without them losing anything.

The person carrying double the weapons always boosts loot and crates to their maximum.

I managed to kill one of these exploiters and found that not only are they carrying double their weapons but they are also filling all their slots with portable signals detectors.

Clearly this is an exploit that needs closing.

The exact mechanics of how they do it I'm unclear of but this is straight up exploiting/cheating that's not in the spirit of the game and needs to end.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Yeah I've noticed this happening a lot more often than the last season. But maybe it's because of iodine and caffeine being added. 

It allows people to get a ridiculous amount of consumables at no loss and is really bad for the game health because those people can then afford to bring loads of portable detectors every game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TuRb0235 said:

Did one of  them buy an insurance?

I don't believe so.

My new duo partner explained to me he had been shown the process by another random duo player.

No insurance was bought but there was some process involved where 1 player would be near killed by the other then healed then they killed themselves...

I've tried to follow this thread, but found it confusing. Could be my age!

Can someone who knows please explain step by step. That way the devs (if they don't already know) can look into stopping it.

I only play random duo's and don't chat as I don't use a headset, and therefore have no interest in even attempting to utilise the exploit.

But to confirm, I have been in a very small number of lobbies where I have seen outlanders with 2 identical top tier weapons in their inventory along with naked partners.

Yep I’ve heard of this the process is finicky but basically you ought to bring a knife for this, the decked out player gets stabbed several times until nearly dead who then applies pain killers which gives temporary health, the ungeared player then takes his stuff after he closes the game. Some weird glitch where the game gets confused over the players health so thinks it’s a random disconnect and gives the items back to the player. Hope I’ve gotten that correct it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it first hand but basically that’s the key, pain killers and quitting the game after taking damage confusing the game into thinking it’s a glitch so you get your stuff back

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing this up and contributing to find out how people take advantage of this issue. The team is investigating and looking for a way to patch it up. 🍅

9 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

Yep I’ve heard of this the process is finicky but basically you ought to bring a knife for this, the decked out player gets stabbed several times until nearly dead who then applies pain killers which gives temporary health, the ungeared player then takes his stuff after he closes the game. Some weird glitch where the game gets confused over the players health so thinks it’s a random disconnect and gives the items back to the player. Hope I’ve gotten that correct it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it first hand but basically that’s the key, pain killers and quitting the game after taking damage confusing the game into thinking it’s a glitch so you get your stuff back

That's it. Well that was how it was explained in a later YouTube video I had discovered about it...

I'm not game to try it but I'm happy to keep killing the guys that are trying it and taking their stuff 😆

Found a Duo trying it yesterday and killed them both and took all his stuff although this guy had an inventory full of different stuff not just portable signal detectors.

Not something I’ve ever done either but then again I’m oretty much maxed out on the shelter with 1.6mill materials and all the items and weapons I could ever want so I have no need for it 😂