Sign in to follow this  
AceWonder

Take out the ability to buy "Crafting Plans"

I've said this for a long time but this needs to stop cause it implies a Pay-to-Win model for the game. This takes away the significance of actually playing the game grinding for gear and loot. If we can just buy everything then theres no real purpose for airdrops in encounters. I know the game needs to produce money but don't let the focus of that diminish the value of core mechanics of what was intended for the game. New weapons and items should always be earned through gameplay, I know the current way to introduce those are the purchase of the Battlepass system but I don't think the premium version should offer the plans for those items. The Battlepass should be used introduce those items by giving a certain amount of those, for example( the free version of the S3 BP level 5 gives 3 MP5s, the Premium version could give you a additional 3 more MP5s). I don't think the Battlepass should offer the crafting plans for any new item but simply give a taste of what they bring to the new season, which makes you want to grind to earn the crafting plan in a airdrop. So I don't think that crafting plans should be offered in the Battlepass or in the Store going forward.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AceWonder said:

I've said this for a long time but this needs to stop cause it implies a Pay-to-Win model for the game. This takes away the significance of actually playing the game grinding for gear and loot. If we can just buy everything then theres no real purpose for airdrops in encounters. I know the game needs to produce money but don't let the focus of that diminish the value of core mechanics of what was intended for the game. New weapons and items should always be earned through gameplay, I know the current way to introduce those are the purchase of the Battlepass system but I don't think the premium version should offer the plans for those items. The Battlepass should be used introduce those items by giving a certain amount of those, for example( the free version of the S3 BP level 5 gives 3 MP5s, the Premium version could give you a additional 3 more MP5s). I don't think the Battlepass should offer the crafting plans for any new item but simply give a taste of what they bring to the new season, which makes you want to grind to earn the crafting plan in a airdrop. So I don't think that crafting plans should be offered in the Battlepass or in the Store going forward.

Crafting plans are also "earned" by the ridiculous RNG of crates. 

I went through 7 special issue crates and 11 military grade crates to get the portable signal detector plan. 

And considering that a special issue crate is 120 crowns and a military grade crate is 90 respectively that adds up to 1830 crowns to get the plan.
AND that's without considering all the games you may lose those crates which all depends on how good you are at the game.
So assuming you lose 30% of the crates (and that's if you're really good at the game along with having overpowered gear) that'd cost upwards of 2379 crowns which is worth about 70$.
For one plan.

Also if I remember correctly the G3 SG1 plan costed about 800 gold or something, that's about 30$ for a gun plan that you still need to upgrade the workbench and spend 16 000 materials every time to craft. 
That's not to mention that the battlepass costed 900 gold with that plan many other things in it.
So they massively inflated the cost of the G3 SG1 and every other plan in its respective pass in a game that has huge hit registration issues and server issues that they don't address because they care more about making more crap to sell than fixing their game.

28 minutes ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Crafting plans are also "earned" by the ridiculous RNG of crates. 

I went through 7 special issue crates and 11 military grade crates to get the portable signal detector plan. 

And considering that a special issue crate is 120 crowns and a military grade crate is 90 respectively that adds up to 1830 crowns to get the plan.
AND that's without considering all the games you may lose those crates which all depends on how good you are at the game.
So assuming you lose 30% of the crates (and that's if you're really good at the game along with having overpowered gear) that'd cost upwards of 2379 crowns which is worth about 70$.
For one plan.

Also if I remember correctly the G3 SG1 plan costed about 800 gold or something, that's about 30$ for a gun plan that you still need to upgrade the workbench and spend 16 000 materials every time to craft. 
That's not to mention that the battlepass costed 900 gold with that plan many other things in it.
So they massively inflated the cost of the G3 SG1 and every other plan in its respective pass in a game that has huge hit registration issues and server issues that they don't address because they care more about making more crap to sell than fixing their game.

The crown issue could easily be solved, if the antenna was reverted back to the original production structure(max was like 30 or 45 crowns per day I think it was) when it was first introduce. Also with that being said keep the same pricing structure(currently) for items offered in the store, this would allow them to still make revenue. Material's cost to make items are pretty fair considering the fact that you can make a pretty decent amount of them constantly and you receive them from encounters.

The RNG for the crates I can't argue with because that's what helps create the purpose of the grind for them.

another way to look at it is you dont get plans to pop in your crate selections alot of the time... i finally just got a bandage plan lol.... 

the grind is building the crafting table i think....   dont matter if u buy the plans if you dont have that level 13 your not crafting the adr or iodine or the new svu

3 hours ago, Bossshawk said:

another way to look at it is you dont get plans to pop in your crate selections alot of the time... i finally just got a bandage plan lol.... 

the grind is building the crafting table i think....   dont matter if u buy the plans if you dont have that level 13 your not crafting the adr or iodine or the new svu

Yeah keep that in mind too AceWonder. Even special issue crates have this stupid RNG on top of the RNG which gives you a CHANCE to get a plan in its drop table, so if you're unlucky enough it's possible for you to never get special issue plans from these crates. But you'll always get shitty cosmetics you don't want or even plentiful gun parts and bullets. 

But if the antenna was reverted I think that'd be amazing but we all know that they'll never do that. 

They have every intention to keep taking more and more until there's nothing left. Like how they increased ammo prices, destroyed daily challenges, ruined crate loot, nerfed food donation crates, took away our map select and in general nerfed all loot on all maps.