xIronWolfx

Thoughts on 3.0

PROS:

Firstly, thanks for the new content, especially going as far as to add a free-for-all mode! Very appreciated!

The new cosmetics are fun, and I appreciate the ability to further distinguish my guy from the rest. Titles are a fantastic idea as well, but it seems a bit buggy maybe? Not always showing up in lobby. Also, I'd change the placement of the title/icon to at the bottom of each player card in the pre-game lobby (between feet or so), and bigger to make players with it stand out more, especially for those who grind for that platinum!

News guns are always a welcome addition, and the iodine and caffeine definitely open up the unique game style of Vigor even more complex and open to more variance, very nice!

CONS:

I appreciate the goal of always further polishing the UI and menus, but I think this current change was a step in the wrong direction. Frankly, the previous Shelter menu system was much more fluid. It literally take more steps/clicks/menu changes to do the same thing we could do before. Also some functionality seems to have been removed for some reason, like how when you used to hover over an ammo type/caliber,  and it would list all the weapons that type was used for (obviously very helpful when determining what to bring/how much of something you may want to risk.) While the new changes might look nicer/cleaner, I think it's objectively worse.

This was happening ~2 weeks prior to 3.0, but it seems to still be present: When I exit an Encounter, with several stacks of different ammo types, when I get back to the Shelter, sometimes some are missing completely. I'm not sure if they are just automatically being stored, or if they're being deleted, but it would be nice to know what's going on.

I hope that either 1) this season is less grindy, or 2) you at least have 2-3 "double xp weekends" to make it feel better. I got what I thought was fairly high last season, only to realize the xp required was getting VERY progressively higher, and was getting more frustrating seeing the xp requirement go up, to, past, and then well beyond the 'level times 1,000' (for example, level 37 was like 43,000xp). And my feeling about this comes after playing a lot while ALSO having the "xp bonuses" from the paid, premium pass. Makes me feel like a fool for purchasing, thinking it was going to be a helpful, "faster" way to get through, as opposed to basically a clear necessity, if you want a chance at getting top level without going completely insane playing nothing but Vigor for 2 months.

(This one is less major, but still worth bringing up) The highest title (platinum) looks very similar to the much lower gold one. And especially with the title/icon itself showing up very small to the public (pre-game lobbies), I think it's a bit of a let down for those who grind for level 50. I'd suggest changing it to have a much more obvious iridescent sheen to it, kind of like the rainbow skin for the John (but very clearly, to differentiate it well from gold.) Or maybe even add a slight animation to it, like a light glimmer/reflection that passes over it every 5 seconds or so. Just something to make it stand out above any others, rightfully so. (also side note, the addition of Titles opens up a LOT of potential to reward players for specific, difficult actions, like reaching max shelter rank, 500 total kills, owning 1,000,000 Materials at one time, etc. Though, if you added these, I'd say you'd have to make players allowed to select multiple Titles, so that their player card in a pre-game lobby can be sort of like a board for "badges" to show off.)

Lastly, Id love to see a return to a prone stance more like before, where the camera was further back, and your character didn't spin around on his belly like a fool, and instead rolled over on his back fluidly/naturally to look behind. I like that style and feel a LOT better.

Anyway, those are my thoughts so far, keep up the good work. I hope to hear something back about these! Thanks!

I feel you about the UI with the shelter menu and in game UI.

They need toning down a little especially the in game UI, too much text taking up your screen.

It was useful seeing what ammo went into what weapon, I hope that's brought back.

The new weapons are OK, but nothing game changing. The iron sight on the new pistol is out. You have to shoot 2 inches below where your actually shooting to hit anything.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Season 3 so far 🙂 Our team is still trying to figure out what causes the ammo from your inventory to disappear, so hopefully it'll be patched up soon.

Also, we are receiving a lot of feedback on the new UI, so we will collect the feedback from the community and see if we can improve it or tweak it. 🍅

• Like 1

I was also really irked when they changed how prone worked. Now, since the update, I've noticed your whole body moves when you aim no matter what stance you are in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a bug and not an intended change. The ability to lie still while looking around and angle your body for the best concealment was what sold me on this game in early access. I'll be done Vigor if that feature has been removed for good.

• Like 2