pvt. partz

Pilgrimage in Livonia

R16D9IM.jpg                                                                                                                                                  

"I am the grandson of Aleksander Laskowski. His saga is well known in our family as he and his brother Filip were tasked to finding critical information and other dangerous intel about ongoing operations deep behind enemy lines during WW2. During their last mission things went terribly wrong and neither one of the boys made it out alive. The few friends they made managed to smuggle a few documents back to my grandmother. She took great care in preserving as much information as possible, but little is known about what had happened. Now my father is determined to find out what he can, even these many years later. We know that many Germans fled to Livonia after the war to not only avoid capture but they have recruited many sympathizer’s over the years to join in the fight against the legitimate government of Livonia. I have agreed to join my father to find any information about what happened so many years ago. Father left a few weeks ago to meet confidential contacts in order to prepare for our quest while I stayed behind to finish my thesis. Yesterday we received a call from one of dad's contacts saying he saw dad in a heated discussion about something near a church a couple of days ago. Getting on in years, we tried to persuade dad it was far too dangerous, but his mind was made up. The family curse remains!"

REQUIRED MODS:

Contact-DLC

Apex-DLC

CBA

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

CUP Vehicles

CREDITS:

Bohemia Interactive---------------ArmA 3

Rydygier---------------------------------Award winning Pilgrimage mission

CUP Mod’ Team---------------------CUP for Arma 3

CBA-3-------------------------------------CBA for Arma 3

Phantom Wolf------------------------Holster Weapon

Sgt. Justin------------------------------Lock/Unlock Vehicle

**Special thanks to alky_lee for squashing bugs!**

NOTE:

If you use TPW, you should turn off animals, ambient civilians, cars, sanity, skirmish, zombies. Pilgrimage is/can be taxing on your PC so use other TPW options sparingly.

TPW has a folder in the main TPW mod called “addons optional”. This is used to quiet the shrill sounds in the woods. Check his readme for instructions.

DOWNLOAD:

DropBox

Steam

INSTALLATION:

To play Pilgrimage, copy the .pbo file to your ArmA 3/Missions folder. Place the required mods into a place of your choosing, then include them into your start parameters, or subscribe to via Steam.

Change Log: 04/13/2020

Changed the S&D aircraft from helicopter to fixed wing.
Edited time of day (full moon looks amazing)!

Changed date to winter (suggest use TPW breath for immersion).
Tweaked the fog to reflect cold dismal atmosphere.
Fixed grammar errors.

Change Log: 04/18/2020

Adjusted fog, time of day, and season which is now back to spring time.
Communications vehicle changed to radar tower @ Airfields. (destroy the radar tower to prevent the C47 from being dispatched with paratroopers).
Stronghold spawned with mixed factions. All units are now on the same side.
Moved sandbag gunner position back slightly. Gun mount would collide with sandbag barrier.
Hideouts can be set up in smaller places, (empty space needed aprox' 20 feet out from fire-pit) so even in the woods you could find a small clearing.
Re-worked all of the groups and vehicles so that they are a better fit for the era, (late80's) this port is based on.

• Like 6

Hi, @pvt. partz

Another approach to the mission is welcome, thanks;

But for the moment it's unplayable for me because from the beginning I get this error on the screen and it doesn't go away at all:

'...AIs set [foreachindex,0]};
}
}
foreach // RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs;
RYD_JR_AllSpawned...'
Error Undefined Variable in expression: ryd_jr_allspawned

...be sure to try with only required mods. Can you post a screenshot with your UI settings that you chosen?

CBA

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

CUP Vehicles

...and make sure they are up to date

In any case, that's how this piece should look:

{
		switch (true) do
			{
			case (isNil {_x}) : {RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs set [_foreachIndex,0]};
			case (isNull _x) : {RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs set [_foreachIndex,0]};
			}
		}
	foreach RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs;

RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs = RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs - [0];

This part looks weird in RPT log, like broken:

foreach // RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs; , RYD_JR_AllSpawned

(comma and slashes)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...that is weird because this was copied from the final release

{
		switch (true) do
			{
			case (isNil {_x}) : {RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs set [_foreachIndex,0]};
			case (isNull _x) : {RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs set [_foreachIndex,0]};
			}
		}
	foreach RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs;

RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs = RYD_JR_AllSpawnedAIs - [0];

...was never touched. 🤔

Since recenty I was gifted Contact DLC (yay! 🙂 ) I was able to run this scenario, briefly for now, but I fully intend to get my first tour across Livonia (based on my own country landscapes) using this port! Probably even before Contact campaign.

I do not see such error in RPT, also all seems fine in that part of the code indeed, so it's kind of a mystery. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

I do not see such error in RPT, also all seems fine in that part of the code indeed, so it's kind of a mystery. 

Thanks for the responses, the error is a mystery, because the second time I started the mission, it didn't appear anymore.... but I tend to believe that it is related to "ambient combat", and in this version not having the possibility to disable it, I cannot verify.

@pvt. partz Very nice port, thanks!

• Thanks 1

@pvt. partz a few small suggestions, if you don't mind:

I know that "ambient combat" is part of the atmosphere of the story, but the option of "disable" for fps sake would be desirable; and I don't know if it is intentional, but there are many "holy places" omitted, if you consider to put them all, in my port version there are all (-1 maybe). Thanks again for the port, I enjoy it.👍

It seems to be a bit sensitive as for my mod mix. Will try a minimal approach. What happens for me is, I start the mission, ArmA seems to load the mission but then returns to main screen, to the scenario picker.

JRInit.sqf, is:

Spoiler

[false,[8897.13,2037.858,0],{},"RYD_JR_RadioTower","Radio Tower","There's some kind of experimental radio tower installation. Destroying it may disrupt Russian efforts in this region."],

should be:

Spoiler

[false,[8897.13,2037.858,0],RYD_JR_RadioTower,"Radio Tower","There's some kind of experimental radio tower installation. Destroying it may disrupt Russian efforts in this region."],

or

[false,[8897.13,2037.858,0],{},"Radio Tower","There's some kind of experimental radio tower installation. Destroying it may disrupt Russian efforts in this region."],

I know that "ambient combat" is part of the atmosphere of the story

...@vafana: After reading your post I played a little last night to see how this port performs and you are right, it can be bad. I'm seeing in some discussions that "Contact" used assets that are a bit dated and don't perform well. Maybe a patch will coome out to fix some of that along with the horrible sounds/audio glitches!

I understand your frustration with performance. I've been in touch with my staff and discussions are under way. 🤩 All kidding aside, the features that have been put in place are part of my vision and I would like to keep everything as is. If however, you want to make edits in the mission files to disable it, by all means, go ahead.

there are many "holy places" omitted,

...there's always time for improvements.

EDIT:

Links have been updated.

OK, regarding performance. If I recall, I think Rydygier mentioned something about a possible remedy a long time ago.

Start your mission, save it, (esc/save), restart your PC, then continue your mission. I have tried this numerous times and every time Arma performs better. I don't know why.

Finished and enjoyed, cool port. 🙂

Also my first Livonia experience. I love that map. Very homey. Well done in this regard - despite most of buildings being like few/several decades outdated comparing to modern Poland, the landscape, the terrain shape even the road (asphalt patches, cracks even!) gave me strong sense of familiarity. It really resembles typical places in northern/eastern Poland (some lakes would make perfect addition). So cool.

One thing, I was found weirdly off was unusually low sun/late dawn as for summer in Poland. What date was set? I would check that in JRInit.sqf:

setDate [1990, 4, 30, _hour, _minute];

April 30 looks very different in Poland as for foliage/animal sounds etc., the more in the nortern parts, than this map. And there are fields of ripe grain. I suggest set some summer time instead (change start hour to get dawn/dusk begin instead). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finished and enjoyed

...great to hear that you found time to play. BI. did a perfect job on the woods! Stumbling on HC's is to much of a surprise sometimes,.....NOT :scared:

Heya, enjoying this port quite a bit! The Contact campaign is great, but you only see about 10% of the amazing Livonia terrain. Pilgrimage is my favorite way to get to know a terrain.

Saw an odd error of sorts last night, however. I opened a crate and found a CUP M72, which is one of those weapons that uses "fake" magazines. The magazines don't have an associated icon as they are a backend workaround, so I got a "picture not found" error. I guess the real issue is that the M72 is single-use (hence the workaround) and so shouldn't spawn with magazines. This is true of a couple of other launchers, I think. Not a huge issue, and maybe more trouble than it's worth to fix. The odd part was that I also got a "premium content" warning when I opened the crate. At first I thought maybe it was a launcher from GM, but my .rpt cleared that up. Not sure what is going on there, and nothing else in my report sheds any light. I'll keep an eye out for it and grab any relevant screens if it happens again.

Pilgrimage in Taunus available in my sig'

...Bah, sorry, wrong thread

...see here, either way.

• Like 1