Qubest

Need more things in the Shelter

I think there needs to be more improvements in the shelter or at least ways to involve it more. I feel like this was the main focus in the early game and it fades away the more you progress. I was disappointed that season 3 didnt add anything to the shelter.

Maybe something could be done seasonally were you earn specific crafting materials for your shelter you can only build for that season. This would keep it fresh and prevent folks who have tons of materials stockpiled from being able to auto upgrade everything.

I also like the idea of having to defend your shelter from raiders or being able to attack other folk's shelters. Not sure how the mechanics would work out but in the setting we are in I feel it would be appropriate to have to defend your home once in a while. Think of collecting your resources at home just chilling then you hear your fishing line and tin can perimeter warning go off. Suddenly the music changes.... Its go time.

Seasonal/limited time vendors who visit would be cool.

Maybe new locations to build your shelter at.

There is that rig out on the water as well. What's going on with that?

Btw contact bombs should do more damage.

Thanks for reading folks.

50 minutes ago, Qubest said:

I think there needs to be more improvements in the shelter or at least ways to involve it more. I feel like this was the main focus in the early game and it fades away the more you progress. I was disappointed that season 3 didnt add anything to the shelter.

Maybe something could be done seasonally were you earn specific crafting materials for your shelter you can only build for that season. This would keep it fresh and prevent folks who have tons of materials stockpiled from being able to auto upgrade everything.

I also like the idea of having to defend your shelter from raiders or being able to attack other folk's shelters. Not sure how the mechanics would work out but in the setting we are in I feel it would be appropriate to have to defend your home once in a while. Think of collecting your resources at home just chilling then you hear your fishing line and tin can perimeter warning go off. Suddenly the music changes.... Its go time.

Thanks for reading folks.

Totally agree but sad to say. Most of the ideas that you mention I would expected some to be included at the FTP launch for this type of game but since then the direction has changed from the whole emphasis on a survival looter-shooter. I've been playing since the founder launch and nearly unlocked every single gun in the game and have yet to max out every shelter improvement since the focus of the game has basically shifted to just a survival deathmatch. I really don't see the need to focus on leveling them all up to max level other than the bench for weapons or more food production to turn-in for crates, but other than that no need to waste too much time on them. I feel the game is starting to fall into the trend of a BR shooter which saddens me.

Having finished my shelter I only loot for XP and then deconstruct those resources for materials.

If you can make metal parts, why can't you make every other resource needed in the game?

You have an outhouse you could use for materials or a bench that makes metal parts into nails.

Means nothing for those that have finished shelters but may take some of the grind out if the game for newer players who want to finish their shelter.

• Like 2

Raids means having to rebuild the stuff that took forever to build in the first place so definitely not on board with that. 

But what they could add is something you can build that reduces the cost of ammo since they increased it so much.
Or better yet just revert old ammo costs, but they'll probably just increase the ammo costs again and again till a single round of 45acp costs 1 000 000 materials or something. 

Lots of options out there if they decided to develop it

From the first time i explored the shelter i thought oh cool theres a spot they gonna have me do fishing to get food lol....you have a whole fishing dock and nothing incorporated... maybe not wasting time fishing but could "develop" a fisheries or traps for food and oil or something like that

Something that allowed you to increase your health or strength or something that allowed you to carry more weight in your backpack would be a nice addition i think

probably lots of great ideas out there... who knows if they get voiced maybe someone will go hmmmm... that could work lol

• Like 2

What about a cofee machine, to get caféine ?

They even can introduce a chemical lab, to produce iodine.
It's pretty much unundestanding, that medicals are been craft at the bench.
How could a screwdriver help to produce antibiotics ?

• Like 3

On 4/9/2020 at 12:52 PM, ArachnidOverlord said:

Raids means having to rebuild the stuff that took forever to build in the first place so definitely not on board with that.

By no means does it mean that.

Your negativity is unmatched bud. Relentless on nearly every topic here.

Hi Qubest,

I read your initial post with interest.

Since the early days outlanders have been making a variety of suggestions about increasing activities that can be carried at the shelter, especially about adding mechanisms for developing your own chemicals, fertilizer etc and other ways to produce food.

Addition shelter improvements in future updates may introduce these requested improvements, but I tend to agree with Arachnid on the raids issue. The outlanders with more testosterone now have the perfect outlet in the latest update. I didn't spend an age getting to the level I've reached for it to be wiped (again), but this time by raids. The danger I immediately perceive is how do you prevent stronger outlanders preying on weaker ones. 

Your other suggestions are certainty worth consideration by the devs. Especially in my view the seasonal vendor and exploring the oil rig.

The seasonal vendor could exchange random useful items in exchange for materials and the rig could contain useful and varying levels of loot that replenishes at random intervals.

Just my thoughts.

I also would like to point out I mentioned the idea of a “cargo ship” long time ago that could land at the dock with seasonal offers on a daily or weekly basis. The ideas been floated around by a few people for a while it definitely a good idea. I do support arachnids pessimism on the matter of raiding shelters, lord only know the game is toxic enough with the pvp heavy side of things without having my daily rounds of the shelter interrupted all the time. I’m much the same as other who haven’t fully upgraded the shelter but simply don’t bother finishing it due to a lack of incentive to do so. Post update at the very least you may occasional get a “build 1 shelter improvement” for a gold crate challenge to motivate me but this isn’t the case now. I too now lot for exp only hell I rarely keep anything even if I survive except food, I actually loot and delete as I go just to deny one shot killers and sweats any prize for killing me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Qubest said:

By no means does it mean that.

Your negativity is unmatched bud. Relentless on nearly every topic here.

I'm not against you I'm against Bohemia making this game more toxic. 

Maybe you didn't say that shelter raids would hurt the victim.
But I know for a fact that Bohemia would love to implement that. Think of the money involved.

If you get to destroy other peoples' grinding effort that means they have to get it all over again, and that means they have to farm for weeks straight and more impatiently than before. 
Impatience = buying crowns to speed up the grind. 

I suspect implementing this at all would eventually lead to something like that happening, even if it starts out without people losing anything. 

Just think of how more than 90% of people seem to want back map select and they still ignore us, because some maps are too easy to get barred, crate and loot. Easier maps = less grind = less money
They definitely will ignore anything that prevents them from making more money. 
Because map select does not make queue times faster, quick play was always an option.
And teaming can be fixed WITHOUT taking away map select by forcing game chat, without party chat people have to do proactive teaming on a third party which is another hoop to jump through. 
If it could also be implemented the most effective way of all would be disabling joining friends/recent players by the matchmaker except if you're in an official team with them. 

On 4/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, Qubest said:

I do think they should add a building that reduces ammo cost now though, that'd be nice. I'd rather them revert the cost besides P90 ammo back to what it was but I know they would never do that. 

Maybe the seasonal vendors could sell things that cost materials or chemicals/fertilizer/electronics etc, instead of gold. It'd give more purpose to people who already upgraded everything.
They could sell crates, cosmetics, old season plans etc. 

New locations would be nice for some people but I'd definitely like to keep upgrading my material-making things because they alone operate at a loss without deconstructing things now and again. 

Maybe they could have some kinda oil rig map that awards something worthwhile for holding it.

And bombs should definitely do more damage, for the sake of balance they shouldn't be a one-shot because people hide them on exits but 75 damage rather than 45 would definitely make ambushes with them much more useful. 

• Like 1

Please edit Chemical Distillation to produce chemicals, due to how much of it is needed, and for how many different improvements require it in increasing amounts. The fact that it decreases gain from deconstruction makes little to no sense. Same to be said for outhouse, as while I appreciate the percentage in production for box of plants, I feel that should be more for Water Distillation, and the outhouse should provide fertilizer. If I could get some replies to this just to see how others in the community feel about it, I'd welcome it.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:41 AM, gwenchlan said:

What about a cofee machine, to get caféine ?

They even can introduce a chemical lab, to produce iodine.
It's pretty much unundestanding, that medicals are been craft at the bench.
How could a screwdriver help to produce antibiotics ?

I love the idea of having the ability to craft new stations for both caffeine and iodine. In general the idea of building new stations when they're introducing new items that you could avoid lumping together under the generic "Consumables" this would also make the generator somewhat relevant as well, all things considered.

I agree they say “you’ll find loot in logical locations like nails in garages” but then have illogical shelter stations that don’t what you think they should do or in fact do in reality. Box’s of plants should also produce food whereas like you say chemical stations should produce Chems as well as it’s current perk.   

• Like 1

not to be a pessimist here and as much as i love the idea of producing anything in the shelter...that eliminates even more the need to "loot" in the game.. thus making the game even more of a just shooter up game...  

it would be cool to have other items to make yes...  but even the one producing metal parts is not producing that much at top level... they wont be a game changer but might be interesting and give u more reason to loot stuff in game maybe

what drew me to the game was the looting aspect of it.. being strategic in your looting/fighting... and the timing things to make sure u got out before radiation killed you..

these days.. guys run to barred... ive had constant partners in duos that immediately mark Barred house and run there... "BUT YET THEY HAVE NO GUNS OR WEAPONS IN THEIR LOADOUT"   like wtf?  you gonna go headbutt them? lol

id love to see Bohemia start checking on guys with constant teamkills and these morons that immediately shoot their teammate so their buddies in the same game can have an easier ride... or the ones streaming it on twitch like they are a big deal or something cause they shot their teammate in the back and killed them... that is lame... and when it costs you your guns you worked hard to grind or make... it sucks ass

i make a point of trying to help newer players understand the game and help them get some caches or crates ect... and to see the value of looting too.. if u want to play long term building your shelter is a good thing....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest we’re at that point in the game now where people run around dismantling any loot they find even in some rare cases the drop too. I know first hand either chasing someone or having a friend who gets chased they would rather dismantle a common crate to deny loot (and remove marker on the map) to get the advantage on the persuer. I myself will admit I’ve fallen into toxic habits like this due to sweaty players hunting me for a cheap kill and while my shelter isn’t maxed I don’t bother looting as I know all it takes is encountering another player to result in almost certain death. 

In ways of old you could trade rounds and both sides could get hurt and either have a longer gun battle or cut their losses and break line of sight going separate ways. 

Now it’s bascially a case of see another Outlander fight to the death or cross map them easily with a few rounds without a fight. That’s why I loot and dismantle to deny cheap prizes to such people I’ll leave with drops if I can but If im under heavy fire I just dismantle it if it’s an ass crate, get exp for just picking it up anyway. 

Again in ways of old I’d leave one item in the safe, usually the heals so at least one other player could get exp. now I’m aware that if more than one weapon is present in the safe people will dismantle something just to take it to deny the safe exp.

games gone south basically 

• Thanks 1

Hi Boss, Matt,

I have to agree with both posts.

This season, and for the first time I've only played random duo's. I've found that it tends to lower player density on the maps.

Noticed the barred behaviour on around 75% of encounters. I let them run and do my own thing.

Also, and more rarely I have witnessed the teamkills. Only yesterday two outlanders in 3 duo lobby on Grontheim killed their partners and teamed up. They clearly assumed that as I only had a knife and my partner a pistol, that we wouldn't be a threat. Made it a most productive encounter for me, but hardly cricket.

I too have destroyed crates when it's clear my route off the map is going to be a tricky one. And your correct in my view, game is on a southerly trajectory. I believe BI are looking to appeal to fortnite players and other similar games.

The original concept is being well and truly left behind in pursuit of increased income. Which I can understand in some ways. But I will end with this. The original concept which provided a genuine choice of engagement or stealth, the enjoyment of reaching the next shelter upgrade, the chance to loot after the drop had been taken, not knowing how many outlanders were left on the map, a fixed drop point and no superfluous consumables etc etc had built up, and was gently increasing it's player base. And in my view would have continued to attract new players had it enshrined the original, novel concept and continued to add more shelter updates to work for, among other things. Many will say I'm a dinosaur and need to move with the times, but I definitely enjoyed the game more as it was than as it is.

• Like 2

Out of boredom yesterday I downloaded a game for my phone, it was an 8ball game of all games and what was the first thing I noticed about it? 

It had a battlepass just by another name.

They could have made Vigor a mobile game, it may have even had less bugs 😂

I think the game is moving further and further away from the original concept, as much as I did enjoy the portable detector to begin with I think with people abusing them it's become less of a stealth game and just run and gun.

I've finished this season's pass, I'll do the daily login and collect my crowns and hope something changes for the better next season but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 2

Yeah same might not even finish this battlepass but I’ll get as far as i can with it collecting free crowns and if good looking cosmetics come out I’ll buy them instead of boosts in game.

the sad thing is...

when theres a ton of loot to run around looting.. its a blast.. this game can really be fun...

but when its loot 3 entire houses and find nothing or sometimes 3 glass... its pathetic and boring...

i truly dont even know why guys go after barred or crates these day lol... they definitely dont seem worth the risk

i guess the camping kill freaks its cool for them and the fight action.... but u could get a better quality action of that in many other "free" games

to me it was the choice to play they way you wanted and that it was fun to play how you wanted... that has slipped away for sure

• Like 1

i truly dont even know why guys go after barred or crates these day lol... they definitely dont seem worth the risk

Only for Xp, not for what's looted in... 😞

Yeah sadly I’m in the same boat, if I can get out with the crate that’s great but if enemies are in my way the crate goes away (dismantle)

if you head to barred you’ll soon be scarred (for life xD)

If your full of loot you’ll likely get the boot (disconnect) 

my rhyme of the day  😂😂