Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Season Pass - Initial Comments

Just downloaded the latest update, season 3 and logged in.

Map choices - Grontheim or quick play? I would prefer to choose my map as I did before, but will live with it for this season.

Stats - Mentioned it before. I personally am ambivalent in regard to them, but can understand why some outlanders are Keen on them. One suggestion for future updates. Could you add a reset option? Why, you may ask. Because and depending on my challenges, and indeed my mood. I take differing approaches to encounters. Therefore if a feel a little aggressive, I would be interested in resetting and tracking my kill count. If I am grinding for certain materials or food, I may like to track my successful escapes etc etc.

Protect Teammate - Simple yet extremely effective method of stopping team kills. Excellent addition.

Loot levels - They appear slightly improved and food seems to be more abundant.

Running noise - Appears to be lower. Good change.

Shoot out - Great addition. Will hopefully provide the ideal solution for those outlanders who enjoy higher levels of engagement.

Anyone who has read my other posts on here and other forums will have noticed my disappointment with recent updates, cosmetic additions and the general trend towards Battle royale. Whilst I still think the game should consider embracing its roots a little more, season 3 has perked my interest and indeed encouraged me to spend pretty much a full day levelling up. I will see if my initial enthusiasm persists.

Well done with Season 3 devs.

• Like 2

Did you say "protect teammate"? Does that mean you can't teamkill anymore? That is AWESOME aside from 1 thing. 

What if your teammate grabs both crates? Now there's no means of punishing them for being so greedy so that'll probably happen much more often now. 

2 hours ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Did you say "protect teammate"? Does that mean you can't teamkill anymore? That is AWESOME aside from 1 thing. 

What if your teammate grabs both crates? Now there's no means of punishing them for being so greedy so that'll probably happen much more often now. 

I'll still shoot random duo team mates that take both crates 😂

There's nothing worse than doing all the work and becoming threat to have some scrub take both airdrops, I'll shoot them dead I dont care.

You do the work, you get the rewards... If they help then you share the rewards...

• Like 1

so what do you mean on the teamprotect?

you get extra XP if you both make it out alive?

i wish changes were explained somewhere in here?  this is BI's forums and they dont give us any info in here its crazy

Hi guys, my fault for not explaining.

Protect Teammate means that if you leave the map and your teammate is still alive you get 250xp.

There is also, avenge teammate. Not done it yet but I assume it offers the same xp.

Forgetting various crate scenario's, who would really throw that away? 

It's now 300 after you reach the first xp boost.

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed since this new update is the information that pops up and fills up about a quarter of your screen when you loot something.

It's way to much information, sure it's great for new players but I'm finished with my shelter, I don't need a quarter of my screen filled with information I already know.

Give us the option to opt out of that in the next hotfix.

I don't see what was wrong with the old looting UI...

2 hours ago, eKLaB said:

One thing I have noticed since this new update is the information that pops up and fills up about a quarter of your screen when you loot something.

It's way to much information, sure it's great for new players but I'm finished with my shelter, I don't need a quarter of my screen filled with information I already know.

Give us the option to opt out of that in the next hotfix.

I don't see what was wrong with the old looting UI...

The devs seem to have a thing about never listening to the community especially how 10/none were onboard with reverting map choice and they still ignored us. 

I liked the old looting UI too and a lot of people are vocal about it but Bohemia doesn't seem to give a fuck about 99% of the things we say

I really don't understand why the keep implementing things into the game that nobody has asked for 🤷🤷🤷

2 hours ago, eKLaB said:

I really don't understand why the keep implementing things into the game that nobody has asked for 🤷🤷🤷

They kept map select removed and are going to permanently because some maps were too easy to get the crate and barred house so to save money they made sure that players have to play on the bigger maps with less loot and more players to ensure we get as little as possible.

As for changing the loot ui though I think it's just overall ignorance towards the community.

Recent games myself and my friend played at 250% and 400% loot respectively gave no more loot than usual which makes it feel like either the loot was nerfed again (which it probably was to save bohemia more money) or it's bugged which they'll never fix because if we get more of anything they lose money.