Sign in to follow this  
twistking

fire trigger on combat behaviour

Hello,

i'm trying to find a simple expression to allow emergency-firing of skip-waypoint-triggers, so that AI can't get picked from distance while they are still on a countdown or hold-waypoint or similar.

I used to do a simple detected-by trigger as fallback, but this is a bit unreliable. I don't want to get into event-handlers, so i thought of simply checking for "unit behaviour combat", however i could not get it to work as a trigger condition.

leadergroup01 behaviour isequalto COMBAT

and similar things i tried, did not work. How would this be possible? Also how would i check not for a specific member of the group, but for anyone - for example for whoever is the group leader? (That way it would still work, if the specified unit was taken down on first hit.)

Also other ideas appreciated to get this. It should be a very simple expression mainly as a fallback to quickly paste into skip-waypoint triggers to allow emergency escapes. Should be quite simple, i guess...

Thanks!

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

I know that it checks the group-status, but you still have to call it with a groupmember.

"group01 behaviour" should not work

"group01leader behaviour" however does work. I've tested that already, but i still could not get it working as a trigger condition.

Yes, sorry, checks the unit but returns the group's behaviour. So just use the leader for the check:

behaviour (leader _group) == "COMBAT"

• Thanks 1

just to confirm, if someone else is reading this. it works with

behaviour (leader _group01) == "COMBAT"

thanks beno!

however for my original purpose i found it was more effective to use

combatmode group01 == "YELLOW"

or to be precise

this or behaviour (leader _group) == "COMBAT"

for a trigger that mainly fires on detected or similar...

Works only for groups in mode "GREEN", groups in "WHITE" will switch to "RED" on contact, so that would have to be considered...