IS IT POSSIBLE TO LINK A LAUNCHER UP WITH A DARTER OR LASER DESIGNATOR?

Is it possible for a player to link the rocket of his launcher to the laser mark provided by a darter or laser designator, and if so, how?

Thank you in advance for taking the time answering my question.

What do you mean?  Which launcher should lock on to a laser?  Or do you mean lock onto one specific laser if there's multiple lasers?

for example:

player one is

commanding a AR-2 Darter via terminal and is laser marking a locked target [strg+t]

OR using a handheld laser designator to mark a target

now player two (might carry a uav terminal himself), equiped with an AT/AA (/AP) launcher, wants to lock his rockets to that very target.

i found contradicting statements on that issue on the internet and was hoping to get some clarification here @bi .

It all depends on what exactly you're trying to lock onto a laser.  IIRC the titan AA and AT cannot lock on to lasers, the AP might?  I really can't remember.  Just give it a try, set up a darter in the editor, lase something and try to lock on.

first of all, thank you, stan, for the efford.

because of the indistinctness of the information i found so far, i'm looking for a clear "yes" or "no" answer and a how-to.

i tried va and serveral scenarios (eg Jesters Showcase) but didn't succeed with my effords.

maybe there i someone who can give a straight answer?

en nog een keer, dank je well, stan. en blijv gezond!

source 1: >> https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/6b9y9g/quick_question_on_laser_designation_with_launchers/

Quick question on laser designation with launchers.

Are there any man held launchers in vanilla arma 3 that can lock onto a target that is laser designated? If so, which ones?

> Titan AT missiles can lock onto laser targets but the AP cannot.

> The PCML can

source2: >> https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/180569-how-to-lase-targets-for-the-titan-with-the-new-remote-designator/

How to lase targets for the Titan with the new remote designator.

> The Titan launcher with AT rounds can lock onto a laser dot as well as the conventional vehicles. If you connect a remote designator to the UAV terminal, you can lase a target with it and then hit it with a rocket. Even if it is a building or a person. Uncheck the autonomous checkbox in the uav terminal and then press CTRL-T in the designator to lock the turret onto a target.

I AM CONFUSED :rock:

And apparently me telling you something doesn't help.  So go to the editor and test it. 

Note closely the date of that forum post: April 15, 2015. That guide's nearly five years out of date. Ever since the Tanks DLC was released (2018), the Titan MPRL Compact hasn't been able to lock onto laser spots.

Incidentally, the Titan MPRL (AA) was never able to lock onto lasers - not even before Tanks DLC was released.

• Thanks 1