Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

[Spoilers]Old Man Scenario questions (not feedback)

I was wondering if I could get some things clarified with regards to the old man mechanics. Since this is a question, not feedback, I don't think it belongs in the old man feedback thread.

1) Is clearing checkpoints possible? I think this is a yes, I tried to assault a checkpoint and wipe it out, and I thought I had done that... later I came back and there were 3 (?) soldiers, but they just waved me past without doing the drone scan. Are these just soldiers I missed before?, can I completely clear checkpoints and just drive past them?

2)

a) Is it possible to get a 5.8mm suppressor, and where? I'd like to have a silenced rifle with an abundant supply of ammunition. Very early in the scenario I came across 2 Katibas, and loaded up on like 15 katiba magazines. At the gendarme HQ, I was able to get a silenced Promet from a soldier patrolling the perimeter. I figured promet ammo would be rare, but Katiba ammo fairly abundant, and put the silencer on a katiba... I'm now down to 10 katiba mags, and haven't seen any for sale by dealers, or any more CSAT troops using it.

b) Is it possible to get a 6.5mm stealth silencer, and where? The "standard" 6.5mm suppressor doesn't fit on the 6.5mm CMR-76, which is a rifle for which ammo is fairly abundant, but I can't find a suppressor for it.

c) Is AK ammo fairly abundant? I found a 7.62mm suppressor, have an AK-12 (not that much ammo though) and a mk14 (a moderate amount of ammo from caches... not reliable). I figure if Syndicate use AKs, I should be able to scavenge a decent supply of 7.62x39 ammo. Is this correct?

3) Where can I find a M900? can I get a Taru for moving MRAPs between islands? I saw a youtube video of a player using an M900, and it seems ideal for moving around Tanoa. I went looking at The tanoa international airport and La rochelle aerodrome, I didn't have free reign to look around, but didn't find any helo. I did take a Xian though 🙂

4) Can you refuel helos and VTOLs at fuel stations? I've never actually used a fuel station in this scenario yet. I worry about my fuel trucks running out of fuel.

5) For the destroy radars mission, it mentions taking out the large radome, and any auxilliary radar systems. I assumed that this meant there'd be a S-750 Cronos radar somewhere nearby. I took the previously mentioned Xian on a lark, and fired a small salvo of rockets at the radar, and completed the objective... I turned around and flew back without even having the map turn red. It seemed like a cheesy way to do it, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something by not going over there on foot and taking a better look around.

6) How much ammo do the ammo trucks store in this scenario (as a % of normal)?  There's no way to check remaining supplies, and starting supplies can be adjusted by mission makers. I ask because I swiped a Zamak ammo from the gendarme HQ building, and I'm considering rocket strafing a bunch of checkpoints, or areas where syndicate will attack (easy attack sites to level them up afterwards?)