tomthetank

Stuck in Old Man mission ***spoilers***

Spoiler

I'm trying to complete the "install the virus" mission. I've tried various ways but without any succes:

1) Attacked and cleared the small CSAT base south-west of my home (obviously, that raised the alarm, not sure if that was a problem). The computer in one of the tents will take the flash drive, but after that nothing happens. A while later Miller calls me and asks me to install the virus. I also can't get the flash drive back.

2) In the small CSAT base on the east coast in a mansion I took out the officer on the 2nd floor from far away without raising an alarm. Entered the building also without raising an alarm. I can get intel off the computer but cannot inser the flash drive

3) I went to the small CSAT base on the north-west coast which Miller indentified in his messageto me as an option. But I don't see any way to get in without raising the alarm. There are 2 soldiers inside the tent directly next to the computer and you cannout take them out without alarming any others. I tried during day and night and they're always there. I might try taking out everyone but not sure if that'll give me the same result as in 1).

I have a CSAT officer ID card but can't see how that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

It get's worse. I took the CSAT base indicated by Miller and there's ony a screen which you can use to get intel but there's not computer itself. Any advice?

Addition: I've now also reloaded an old save and put the flash drive into another computer. Again, no success, just Miller calling me asking how the upload is going and nothing after that.

I have succeeded now. Must have been a bug as re-starting from an earlier save failed once but worked the 3rd time.

When I restarted a 3rd time, the task description changed to infiltrate a base and connect to a computer already when I picked up the flash drive at the RV. In the 1st and 2nd attempt, the description of the task did not change when picking up the drive. I was able to connect the drive to the computer but it didn't let me re-start.

The only difference between attempts 1and 2 vs 3 was that I already had a CSAT Officer ID card with me when picking up the flash drive in attempt 3.