Sign in to follow this  
ExiledisGood

Where to start?

Hi, just created an account. I stopped gaming years ago because I 'grew up'. The last game I really enjoyed was Operation Flashpoint on PS3 (showing my age). To make a long story short, Arma 3 looks awesome but all this streaming stuff is new to me. I used to go to the game shop and but a CD. So my question is, what version of Arma 3 do I buy?

4 hours ago, ExiledisGood said:

what version of Arma 3 do I buy?

Welcome to BI Forums!

And Welcome back to the series!

There is only one version of Arma 3, and that is on steam, Arma 3 is only on steam, so if you were to buy

it from any store it would still need to be activated and installed on steam.

Go to the steam store for Arma3 seen here ----> https://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/Arma_3/

at the top right of the page is a green tab which says install steam, do that first, and once you have that, then go to the arma3 page,

buy, it will be added to your library, then go to your library click on install and steam does the rest.

• Like 1

Arma 3 is a descendant of Operation Flashpoint

First install Steam - its free

Second buy the game and download the game. 

I bought the game way back in early 2015. I had slow internet in those days and the download took 22 hours!

Play around a bit.

Note that if your internet is turned off you can still play the game.

The game was released in early 2013. Since then, the developers have sold a few add-ons. The add-ons include maps and equipment. The add-ons are well worthwhile.

Players have uploaded thousands of scenarios. Some scenarios will include some small unimportant item, such as a bush,  that came with an add-on. If you don't have that add-on you cannot run that scenario (most of the time). 

If you havn't used Steam please be aware that from time to time Steam will do an automatic update when you least expect.

Once you have this game or any game, if the game gets an update, it will download automatically when you least expect.

So, if you wish to play with humans online, check for updates before you join the game. 

Arma 3 is always on sale and i defiantly recommend most of the DLC's so now would be the time snag Arma 3 on the steam store!

On 4/5/2020 at 10:05 AM, ExiledisGood said:

The last game I really enjoyed was Operation Flashpoint on PS3 (showing my age).

Oh, that young? 🙂