wolny slimak

What's up with Gewehr SG1?

Dear crew, please explain to me why Gewehr SG1 is so much better and different from Gewehr 3? They use the same ammunition, their base damage is identical - 45, and killing a scarecrow varies in the number of shots (g3 - 3 shots, SG1 - 2 shots). I do not understand, but most do not understand the recoil, g3 jumps like crazy, when the SG1 full auto does not shake at all. What this is about ? Their rate of fire is identical - 500 ???

• Like 1

Well the G3 SG costs more so therefore it's magically better in every way, I think I've seen the plan being sold in the upwards of 800 crowns lol. 

I have it but the G3 should be the same and they need to show the proper damage stats. 

I think that it might have something to do with being classed as a "rifle", if I remember correctly the SKS says it has the same damage as the AKM but it does more damage, rifles might have a damage multiplier we don't see. 

It's the same with the HBAR, it is also classified as a rifle and seems to do a lot more damage than it says it does. 

On 4/5/2020 at 2:13 AM, swiftsilentdeath said:

Also the scare crow means nothing. Take those 2 bullets and change it too two clips and you have what it takes to kill all the laggy players with the shocking net code and servers based on Mars.

Every match tonight has been shocking. If I don't get killed by shocking net code lag or ridiculous fall damage I get stuck in a stupid spot and can't get out.

Or the worst part is I empty a clip into someone get 6 hit markers minimum and they then one shot kill me from 100m with a terrible gun. Clearly I missed the memo about the Suomi being better than an ADR. 

Nah mate grease gun all the way! Or a lucky Thompson bullet from cross map all you need is single one of those beautiful 30 rounds to land on someone’s head and boom expensive gun for the player with the trash weapon 😂👍

I've noticed the spread on the G3 is worse than the G3 SG1 but I feel the damage is the same. G3 is go to and I take the SG1 if I'm feeling frisky.

3 hours ago, Qubest said:

I've noticed the spread on the G3 is worse than the G3 SG1 but I feel the damage is the same. G3 is go to and I take the SG1 if I'm feeling frisky.

My friend accidentally shot me once with it last night and the G3 SG1 did twice the damage it was supposed to reducing my health to about 10.

I've also noticed this on youtube videos of the youtuber getting two shot. The weapon often times treats one bullet like two in terms of damage. 

But this'll never be fixed because it makes the gun more pay to win without outright saying it. If anything this bug may be part of the reason this gun plan costs somewhere around 800 crowns. 

On 4/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, ArachnidOverlord said:

Well the G3 SG costs more so therefore it's magically better in every way, I think I've seen the plan being sold in the upwards of 800 crowns lol. 

I have it but the G3 should be the same and they need to show the proper damage stats. 

I think that it might have something to do with being classed as a "rifle", if I remember correctly the SKS says it has the same damage as the AKM but it does more damage, rifles might have a damage multiplier we don't see. 

It's the same with the HBAR, it is also classified as a rifle and seems to do a lot more damage than it says it does. 

Ok, right but sks or hbar-t got big recoil and sg1 don't. So rifle =/= rifle? Every rifle must get bigger recoil then assault rifle in auto mode.

54 minutes ago, wolny slimak said:

Ok, right but sks or hbar-t got big recoil and sg1 don't. So rifle =/= rifle? Every rifle must get bigger recoil then assault rifle in auto mode.

The HBAR has barely any recoil. 

They just need to fix their damage stats because clearly they aren't working. 

If you mean rifles should do more damage at the cost of higher recoil I still disagree though because higher velocity due to extended barrel doesn't necessarily mean more damage as nobody wears armor in this game. 
Slower rounds can actually do more damage because they tumble inside the body hence why over penetration is a thing. 

Also being two shot by an automatic weapon is a little too fast.

The whole system of having weapons doing more damage than others because they are purple instead of white makes no sense. A 5.56mm rifle bullet shot from a rifle length barrel does a certain amount of damage, no matter if its an M16 or an AUG. So why do we need 4 hits with M16 but only 3 from an AUG? Ofc the HBAR should do a bit more damage because of its longer barrel and therefor higher muzzle velocity. Btw, higher velocity does indeed cause more damage. Slow projectiles like .45 or 9mm leave a small hole behind them, no matter if they tumble or not, you can think of it like being stabbed (unless its a hollowpoint, but the don't  go as far into the tissue), while a rifle projectile leaves a devastating wound cavity, ripping apart everything behind itself.

Also the weapon classification is a bit ridiculous because the terms "rifle" and "assault rifle" are clearly defined. The G3 is clearly a rifle but classified as assault rifle, vice versa for the HBAR-T (which means Heavy Barrel Assault Rifle, with Telescopic sights). The definition of an assault rifle and even the meaning of this abbrevation being ignored is just laughable, putting G3 and G3 SG1 in different weapon classes even more.

The G3 should be classified as rifle because it fires full power rifle cartridges (7.62x51 NATO) while assault rifles by definition fire intermediate cartridges (5.56x45 NATO or 7.62x39).

In order to stick to definitions, G3 should be classified as "battle rifle", but that would require introduction of a new weapon class to set it apart from the SKS or Vz 52, which are semiauto only.

Edited by TuRb0235
read Wikipedia entry about assault rifles

21 hours ago, TuRb0235 said:

The whole system of having weapons doing more damage than others because they are purple instead of white makes no sense. A 5.56mm rifle bullet shot from a rifle length barrel does a certain amount of damage, no matter if its an M16 or an AUG. So why do we need 4 hits with M16 but only 3 from an AUG? Ofc the HBAR should do a bit more damage because of its longer barrel and therefor higher muzzle velocity. Btw, higher velocity does indeed cause more damage. Slow projectiles like .45 or 9mm leave a small hole behind them, no matter if they tumble or not, you can think of it like being stabbed (unless its a hollowpoint, but the don't  go as far into the tissue), while a rifle projectile leaves a devastating wound cavity, ripping apart everything behind itself.

Also the weapon classification is a bit ridiculous because the terms "rifle" and "assault rifle" are clearly defined. The G3 is clearly a rifle but classified as assault rifle, vice versa for the HBAR-T (which means Heavy Barrel Assault Rifle, with Telescopic sights). The definition of an assault rifle and even the meaning of this abbrevation being ignored is just laughable, putting G3 and G3 SG1 in different weapon classes even more.

The G3 should be classified as rifle because it fires full power rifle cartridges (7.62x51 NATO) while assault rifles by definition fire intermediate cartridges (5.56x45 NATO or 7.62x39).

In order to stick to definitions, G3 should be classified as "battle rifle", but that would require introduction of a new weapon class to set it apart from the SKS or Vz 52, which are semiauto only.

Yeah they should definitely get their damage stats right. I've had my health reduced by 90 in one shot by the G3 SG1 way too many times for it to be called a rare bug.
It says it does 45 but only the "regular" G3 does that most of the time. 

The more I think about it though the more I believe that the "rifle" class does get a hidden damage bonus though just to give the HBAR, G3 SG1, Dragonov, SVU and VSS Vint. more buying power. 

At the end of the day it's not about being right, even if it may have been at one point. It's all about the money.
As long as customers are willing to buy something, no matter how bad it is, the company will do their damnedest to keep selling it.  

well the "base damage" says 45  but i wonder if that means theres an added damage for the ammunition type.. which would be logical since theres diff ammo types

1 hour ago, Bossshawk said:

well the "base damage" says 45  but i wonder if that means theres an added damage for the ammunition type.. which would be logical since theres diff ammo types

Actually that still sounds like they may incorporate special multipliers to gun classes.

All the ammunition types have the "same" base damage across different guns. It says an AKM, SKS, Vz 52 rifle, ZA M72, Vz 58 P etc, have the same base damage and they all fire 7.62x39.

If I remember correctly though the SKS and Vz 52 rifles both destroy the dummies faster and from what I've noticed always have done more damage than said to players as well.