gc8

Animation on moving AI

Hi 

is it possible to make the AI play some animation and still be able to move while that animation is on? I have tried with switchmove, playmove, playmoveNow and playAction but after using any of these commands the AI loses his ability to move by domove etc commands. I noticed the AI maybe able to move if there's no delay between the anim and move command but with delay (sleep) the AI stops reacting to domove command (The AI only turns a little).

shouldn't the anim work while moving?

thx, any help appreciated!

Sound like AI doesn't know how to return to regular animations after your anim is finished. If that's the case you'll have to manually put them back on track after your anim is done. 

As for moving while the anim is playing I don't know. 

20 hours ago, gc8 said:

while that animation is on?

The AI is already playing an animation while they're moving. So you're actually trying to have the AI play 2 animations at once, which will not work. At least, that's my understanding of animations in Arma 3.

So anim and moving in army = impossible  ?

Some game engines allow running one animation on  upper body and another on lower body. maybe arma does not support this?

20 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Some game engines allow running one animation on  upper body and another on lower body. maybe arma does not support this?

I was going to mention the same thing, but I don't know enough about modelling/configs/anims/etc to back it up with anything. But Arma 3 doesn't support this.

18 minutes ago, gc8 said:

DOES support this, thanks for it, you can reload weapons while walking, or even changing weapons.

However, that isn't what you can achieve by simply applying two animations (switchMove, playMove, playMoveNow) the same time. The technology is named “gesture,” which rather is be achieved by switchAction, playAction.

Actually, depends on the animation what you're trying to do. Most of the cases, the answer would be an no (at least within the vanilla scope).

Thanks for the help guys! @POLPOX I'm trying make AI carry another AI.

will do more tests later

Tried switchAction but that didn't work.

tried (among others):

_carrier switchAction  "AcinPercMstpSnonWnonDnon"; // Does not play anim
_carrier switchAction "grabCarry"; // Plays anim but AI doesnt move

_carrier switchmove  "AcinPercMstpSnonWnonDnon"; // Plays anim but AI doesnt move

In this case switchMove is the correct command to use, but looks like just an animation-side problem. The animation isn't correctly mapped/signed to move, so can't move.

EDIT: Correction, it's working, yet somehow not for AIs.

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

EDIT: Correction, it's working, yet somehow not for AIs.

I've had this happen before when playing with anims, they sometimes behave different for the player than AI