Julian Wells

Things to make the game better.

Vigor is a very fun game, but there are things that make the game hard to play. If playing with a teammate their footsteps are so loud it is easy to mistake them for an enemy. I'm a Youtuber that wants this game to be more popular and more enjoyable for the community that plays it. Instead of focusing all of your time on the money that the game makes, make sure you respect your players because without them this game is nothing. Making the game better with generating more players and more people to buy things in the game. Everything in the item shop is terrible. Instead of making a boring repeat of other BR games add something that is basic and predictable. After you complete your house the game's purpose is gone. Make new modes, maps that are not the same with just snow or rain. Add a mansion, caves, ways to get around easier. The best thing about this game is that it is more realistic, but tone the fall damage down a lot. I have done so many small jumps and hops that lead to me getting stupid fall damage. nobody jumps off of a rock and takes almost half of their health away. Instead of making people pay for better loot drops, make it random so more people don't just leave, it would make the game more exciting. Add a player count so we know we are the last alive or at least a last standing outlander message so we don't wait to get more kills for XP. Add a death message so we know who is killing who. I've heard that this business is purely marketing and what can get the most money, but please just make your players happy and let them enjoy the game you created instead of making a recycled BR cash grab.   

-Redpanda775- 

I too was once Keen to make suggestions about how this game could be made better for players, but BI eventually beat that enthusiasm out of me by introducing updates that non of the players asked for.

What was once an enjoyable game that allowed me and many others, to build up our shelters by choosing to engage in firefights with other outlanders or employ more stealthy tactics to collect loot, has become nothing more than a grinding bore. Same old every encounter. But now you can't even pick the map you will have to run around on like a headless chicken, gun on auto collecting what little there is. And if you decide to try for the crate, unless it's boosted to gold what do you get. Not much!

It seems long ago now, but when I did work for a living it was in the Pharmaceutical industry, ensuring that all the software developed for the company was compliant with FDA and other regulatory authorities requirements. I understand that this is a game! But one clear principle applies. All software development starts with a URS..... For the uninitiated, a user requirement specification. Key point User!! Not a developer requirement, or project manager requirement, or corporate accountant requirement, a user requirement. I.e. what does the user require or how do we attract someone to use the product.

Develop the game then be led by the user. What a novel method for making a game popular with players.

How would you achieve that lofty goal? By utilising a User Group to filter both general user and developer suggestions. A User Group of actual players supported by developers. That way updates enhance the player experience, rather than frustrate and eventually alienate the players.

This isn't bluesky thinking, even SAP listens to it's user groups!

I've not given up just yet, it's close but not yet. Unfortunately the lack of commentary on this and other Vigor related forums, tells me that many have. For instance, a recent vote on another popular forum, regarding the return of map selection, attracted just 124 votes!

By the way, 89 voted for it to be returned, 21 didn't care, 14 said no. Shall we see if this overwhelmingly negative reaction to removing map selection has any impact on the developers !!