Sertica

Replace Broken Walls

private _terObjectList = nearestTerrainObjects [_worldCenter, ["Wall"], worldSize, false];
	{
		diag_log format ["Terrain Object: %1", _x];
		{_x setDamage 0};
	} forEach _terObjectList;

I tried this and it does not work on the walls I'm looking at.  Walls return empty class names, so I can't use that either.  The ones I'm looking for may be buried in the log list.  But it is too much hassle to figure out which ones I'm targeting.

Difficult to help you without more info on your goal.

You could try the MEH "buildingChanged" which works fine when models have a version for ruin (you can see a ruin).

setdamage should work for the others. Try to get the model with:

_modelInfo = getModelInfo cursorObject;

This could help for your quest.

It is part of a script that renovates the Altis map, fixing or removing all wrecks, at initialization.  I already have the houses done.  Now I need the walls.  Here is the house part:

private _worldCenter = [worldSize/2,worldSize/2];
	private _objectList = _worldCenter nearObjects worldSize;
	{
		//diag_log format ["Found: %1, Type: %2", _x, typeOf _x];
		switch (typeOf _x) do {
			case "Land_u_House_Big_01_V1_F"		: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F"		: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_House_Big_02_V1_F"		: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_Shop_02_V1_F"			: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_Shop_02_V1_F", "Land_i_Shop_02_V2_F", "Land_i_Shop_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_Shop_02_V1_F"			: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_Shop_02_V1_F", "Land_i_Shop_02_V2_F", "Land_i_Shop_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_Shop_01_V1_F"			: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_Shop_01_V1_F", "Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F", "Land_i_Shop_01_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_Shop_01_V1_F"			: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_Shop_01_V1_F", "Land_i_Shop_01_V2_F", "Land_i_Shop_01_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_House_Small_01_V1_F"	: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_House_Small_01_V1_F"	: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_House_Small_02_V1_F"	: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_House_Small_02_V1_F"	: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F", "Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F", "Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F"			: { [_x,"Land_i_Addon_02_V1_F"] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_Addon_02_V1_F"			: { [_x,"Land_i_Addon_02_V1_F"] call replaceBuilding; };
			case "Land_d_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F"	: { [_x, selectRandom ["Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F", "Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V2_F", "Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V3_F"]] call replaceBuilding; };
		};
	} forEach _objectList;

The cursorObject command gave me a notion.  It does not work on power lines.  I need a way to manipulate the power lines so I can make it look logical and map the connective structures on the island to arrays.  I have a circuit simulator in my java library that can give my mission a real time electrical grid.

nearestTerrainObjects [yourPosition, ["TRANSMITTER","POWER LINES","POWERSOLAR","POWERWAVE","POWERWIND"], yourRadius, false, true]

should return what you need from yourPosition within yourRadius

I created a module for finding classes or models of objects/houses/vegetation... on map. You just have to load a little addon and place a simple module on map ("touch of classes" 🙂 ) No need to let it on scenario or to run the mission with this mod (for this module, except if you want to replace a house by another type of house).

That looks like that (3rd video here).

• Like 1

Is there a reasonable built in way to determine what poles have what wires linking them?  I may need to skip on using wires and poles in the sim if not.