Hello,

to improve the visual diversity of the clan I'm part of its administration, we want to allow our members (which are all of the world) to display their country's flag on the left shoulder as a unit insignia while in-game.

The idea is - if I'm not mistaken - is to create a script that automatically assign the individual player his own country flag when he joins our server/mission, instead of creating a soldier in the mission editor specifically for that player that bears the flag insignia that we determine manually.

My question is if it's possible to create such thing, which I will be very glad if someone can share this information, unless there is another way far more easier.

Thank you.

mods like outfit gear allow you to change what is called your insignia, I believe. so there must be a script that can accomplish the same thing. I'm not on my computer, but when I am, I could look to see if I can figure out a script that can do so

Just now, mat10193 said:

mods like outfit gear allow you to change what is called your insignia, I believe. so there must be a script that can accomplish the same thing. I'm not on my computer, but when I am, I could look to see if I can figure out a script that can do so

Yes, that I know. The insignias (not the squad.xml) can be be picked from the Arsenal, for example, but then it means that at the start of every new mission (unless determined through the mission editor), each player must enter the arsenal and choose his country flag again and again, which is not practical.

If you do find a solution, I will appreciate that.

now do you want the mission to assign them the insignia automatically or have a menu to where they can assign their own insignia? because if it is the first, every time you get a new player, you would have to update the mission so it knows what insignia to assign them.

5 minutes ago, mat10193 said:

now do you want the mission to assign them the insignia automatically or have a menu to where they can assign their own insignia? because if it is the first, every time you get a new player, you would have to update the mission so it knows what insignia to assign them.

The first one.

But, by that do you mean that each player will have his own playable unit? Because if that is the case, then that is not what I meant because we don't want to add new playable unit to the mission every time when a new player joins.

ok, and no, thats not what i meant. I just wanted to know what you wanted the script to do. The script i was thinking of would grab the players UID and assign them an insignia based on their UID. the only issue with this script is that everytime you get a new person that joins your unit. The way i think i can get around having to edit each mission is having an addon that everyone would subscribe to (i believe, not sure if just the host can subscribe) that would serve the function that the mission would call upon and everytime you get a new person in your clan, you would update the function and add them to the function. Now in "onPlayerRespawn.sqf", you would have it call upon the function that was created in the addon. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mat10193 said:

ok, and no, thats not what i meant. I just wanted to know what you wanted the script to do. The script i was thinking of would grab the players UID and assign them an insignia based on their UID. the only issue with this script is that everytime you get a new person that joins your unit. The way i think i can get around having to edit each mission is having an addon that everyone would subscribe to (i believe, not sure if just the host can subscribe) that would serve the function that the mission would call upon and everytime you get a new person in your clan, you would update the function and add them to the function. Now in "onPlayerRespawn.sqf", you would have it call upon the function that was created in the addon. 

Yes, that's the idea. Sounds awesome! Also, we already have an official addon through Steam workshop we can integrate the script to so that won't be a problem 🙂

now is this something you think you could code, or would you like some help with it?

1 minute ago, mat10193 said:

now is this something you think you could code, or would you like some help with it?

We do have someone that knows coding so he will try now to make that happen. If that won't work, of course we'll ask for help once again.

Thank you very much.

ok, if you do need my help, just PM me and ill see what i can do

• Like 1