Silent Holden

Bring back map select

This new quick play thing isnt working I tested it with a friend and we were getting into the same map every time problem is now none of my friends want to play it anymore they really don’t like the large empty maps like fjellkanton and neither do I this quick play thing has ruined the game (I could play for hours on my favourite maps but now I get bored playing the crappy maps after 20 minutes and stop playing)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Seriously devs, bring back map selection. Where is the point of having different outfits and weapon skins if you cant use them to adapt to your environment. I purchased weapon skins worth hundrets of crowns which are now completely useless. This again feels like a slap in the face of players that support the game with hard currency. And as far as i noticed, it doesn't help avoiding teams in solo encounters.

• Like 1

There are other ways to combat teaming then to remove selecting maps. And I never had a problem with queue times.

They say they removed the choice to get rid of teaming and speed up queue times but we all know some maps are much easier then others so really it helps their bottom line too, which is more then likely the actual reason they removed it.

Hard evidence of ammo prices being increased, food crates being nerfed several times, actual crate drop loot being butchered, XP gains ruined and daily challenges destroyed proves that they're not intending on helping the player whatsoever. It's very likely more will be taken from us.

If they wanted to make the game better and remove teaming they can restrict it easily by making the matchmaker stop you from joining the same session as recent players or friends.

The only time you should be able to be in the same game as friends or recent players is if they're in an actual party, thereby automatically your ally. 

A more aggressive way to combat teaming could be to highlight on the map all players that are not in an official team and travel in close proximity to each other for a certain period of time without fighting each other. But that'd be very difficult to implement and may still affect the non-guilty.

That is a big disadvantage of the game not having a possibility to choose one of faivorite maps additionally having the knowledge it was possible previously. That does not solved teaming issue what actually should be used as a game advantage, and is possible from encounter starting point (and is more xbox not the Vigor feature). I believe you're not supposed to play with the platform available features (aren't you).

Have encountered games with about 6 players not shooting each other with max of 8 players map. That is almost not possible by trying to start an encounter at up-close time.

• Like 1

BI trying to stop teaming when BI basically introduced it in .6. Hence the Hey! Emoji... or the reason in tips bar it still tells you to make friends...

Aside from the fact at times I still wait over a minute or 2 in the current quick play que.. how is that better? 

This is becoming a bad version of cod, people are forgetting what this game is about, that it's more than just running around in full auto.

All the suspense of this game is disappearing because of these changes.

This new death match mode also won't help much...fml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HomemadeG said:

BI trying to stop teaming when BI basically introduced it in .6. Hence the Hey! Emoji... or the reason in tips bar it still tells you to make friends...

Aside from the fact at times I still wait over a minute or 2 in the current quick play que.. how is that better? 

This is becoming a bad version of cod, people are forgetting what this game is about, that it's more than just running around in full auto.

All the suspense of this game is disappearing because of these changes.

This new death match mode also won't help much...fml

The que times are a joke. Removing the map selection has done nothing to change them.

Who was it meant to benefit? North American players joined servers instantly.

European players? Australian and New Zealand?

I'm still waiting 3 minutes plus with the wait times, people won't play a game they have to wait 3 minutes to play.

Not when other games let you join nearly instantly.

Add more game servers...

• Like 1

Waiting Times increased for me since the latest Update. 

Also for Reasons of Weapon Choice and Clothing it would be good to habe a Choice of which Map u are going to play.

Another Reason is that each Map has its own Playstyle.

They have done such a great Job with Map Design and now they are destroying the Game more and more.

And Teaming is still possible via Quick Play.

U cant avoid this completely.

As others here said before Players got forced to make friends out there. 

Please dont make this Game too casual just because there are whining Players out there.

I also dont like the BP Level Icon in Lobby.

I loved the Thrill not to know how experienced a Player is.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mescot said:

Waiting Times increased for me since the latest Update. 

Also for Reasons of Weapon Choice and Clothing it would be good to habe a Choice of which Map u are going to play.

Another Reason is that each Map has its own Playstyle.

They have done such a great Job with Map Design and now they are destroying the Game more and more.

And Teaming is still possible via Quick Play.

U cant avoid this completely.

As others here said before Players got forced to make friends out there. 

Please dont make this Game too casual just because there are whining Players out there.

I also dont like the BP Level Icon in Lobby.

I loved the Thrill not to know how experienced a Player is.

To be honest I think part of the reason the queue times are horrendous is due to less people caring about playing anymore I for one haven’t played since about halfway mark into this season pass. Haven’t finished the pass and don’t intend to. Bored of the game in general. As I’d said before I was just getting ready to finally play again when the daily challenges got nerfed and all those crowns for looting supply drops dropped from like 300 to 30 👍good job! 

All the above comments are fair and honest from outlanders, some of whom have long histories with this game.

I'm really disappointed that the game has developed the way it has. For me the turning point came when the Signal Locator was introduced. It said to me that stealth tactics were frowned upon and the powers that be in BI want engagement between outlanders. I imagine the discussion in the BI meeting room went something like this.

Original developer - Introducing this locator will severely limit players options!

New Vigor Project Manager - Sorry, but my annual objectives are to maximize income from this game. So less stealth more engagement. That's where we're moving to.

Original developer - What about our proposed shelter updates?

New Vigor Project Manager - On hold, shorter game time, quicker radiation, less loot means more boosting. Also get that Battle Pass up and running for the next update. More income and I meet my targets come year end.

Original developer - But won't we alienate our player base?

New Vigor Project Manager - Highly likely, but if we move towards more engagement we stand a good chance of poaching players from fortnite and PUBG. 

Original developer - But what about the original concept?

New Vigor Project Manager - That didn't make enough money. Work on introducing more players per map next.

And there endeth my involvement. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I will agree that since the update que times have improved, it only took 30 seconds to find a server with my North American friend but that alone doesn't make up for the horrendous recoil that's been implemented this season...

As I’ve said before we need to make sure we don’t fork out money until they start addressing the issues the community has raised if they see more complaints less income and less interaction in game as a result of their changes they will have to meet us halfway or better. their counting on us accepting the new norm which we cannot abide by I for one now am in absolute protest and simply by playing the game so long as there’s a battlepass in play. I’ll be watching the forums and asking my old vigor partner who still occasionally plays if anything has changed. Will only return when that damn pass disappears or significant changes are made for the better