Oldninja

Latest Update

Just downloaded the latest update and logged on.

Map choices - Battery or quick play? I want to choose my map as I did before

Rewards - yesterday I had a challenge for looting 300 food. Reward 65 crowns, today the reward changed to an uncommon crate. Thanks for nothing.

Stats - apparently after 70 encounters your on the stat leaderboard. Why? I'm happy to know my own, not interested in anyone else's.

Ok, weapon stats are interesting, but I'm afraid yet again it appears you are looking to encourage outlanders to spend more and focus on stats. I.e. take more risks.

I played and enjoyed this game because it offered me a wide choice of tactics. I could avoid other outlanders and loot covertly to build up my shelter. You basically stopped that by shortening game time and making the radiation faster and be more aggressive.

You dropped loot levels. You made rewards less attractive. You made getting the lower tiered crates not worth the risk. I won't linger on the first Battle Pass fiasco etc etc

With these and other recent changes, I see the game is moving more and more towards a Battle Royale scenario. Outlanders now need to be more aggressive to get any worthwhile loot. And as you have done nothing to add more shelter improvements, I'm sure it won't be long until we see more 'improvements' focussed on moving the game towards last man standing.

I think for the time being I'm done with the game. You've successfully spoiled it for me, so I'm off for a nostalgic trip to Andromeda before I look for a new game to capture my interest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ja bin ich deine Meinung möchte meine Karte auch selbst ausgewählt und nicht so wie es jetzt ist ....... kamera ist ok nach dem Update aber die karten sache ist Müll..... Ich möchte das alte zurück habe meinen leuten die es auch spielen gesagt das es das jetzt war für mich und ich jetzt keine lust mehr dieses spiel habe weil es irgendwie nach fast jedem update schlechter wird und nen Schritt nach hinten statt nach vorne macht, vielleicht liegt es auch daran das die ganzen 12 jährigen weinen das sie ständig von den selben getötet werden, ändert es bitte wieder mit der Karten wahl‼ ️ ‼ ️ ‼ ️

Edited by John Wick85
War noch nicht fertig

7 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Just downloaded the latest update and logged on.

Map choices - Battery or quick play? I want to choose my map as I did before

Rewards - yesterday I had a challenge for looting 300 food. Reward 65 crowns, today the reward changed to an uncommon crate. Thanks for nothing.

Stats - apparently after 70 encounters your on the stat leaderboard. Why? I'm happy to know my own, not interested in anyone else's.

Ok, weapon stats are interesting, but I'm afraid yet again it appears you are looking to encourage outlanders to spend more and focus on stats. I.e. take more risks.

I played and enjoyed this game because it offered me a wide choice of tactics. I could avoid other outlanders and loot covertly to build up my shelter. You basically stopped that by shortening game time and making the radiation faster and be more aggressive.

You dropped loot levels. You made rewards less attractive. You made getting the lower tiered crates not worth the risk. I won't linger on the first Battle Pass fiasco etc etc

With these and other recent changes, I see the game is moving more and more towards a Battle Royale scenario. Outlanders now need to be more aggressive to get any worthwhile loot. And as you have done nothing to add more shelter improvements, I'm sure it won't be long until we see more 'improvements' focussed on moving the game towards last man standing.

I think for the time being I'm done with the game. You've successfully spoiled it for me, so I'm off for a nostalgic trip to Andromeda before I look for a new game to capture my interest.

I think the snow version of Battery is just enough to keep some of us interested, every player I speak to when playing random duos says the same thing, we need a new map.

Im yet to play it but I'll wait and see before giving my judgement.

I understand what they're trying to do with the random map selection and shortening wait times but that remains to be seen. 

What do you mean by they dropped the loot levels?

I share the rage regarding daily challenges, I had three daily challenges I didn’t have time to do the other day so I saved them for today, logged in to find that two “loot airdrop” challenges 3 and 5 drops went from 135/150 crowns down to 10/20 crowns and my “headshot 5 outlanders” went from blue crate to 5 -bleep-‘in crowns. I’m with old ninja on this, this has been the straw that’s broken the camels back, i initially defended the latest updates having made some genuine improvements in the past. this truely takes the biscuit now not just halving the rewards but slashing them completely. Not just that but the exp rewards too.

Hell even the food donation boxes seem weighted now to all the worst prizes on the board first where before it was just unlucky if you don’t get what you want now it feels like those electronics or crowns you want in that pile are literally the last things to drop on purpose. I’m walking away for another couple of months, no joke I haven’t played a match in about 2 months on here and I come back to see it’s even worse. Sorry for the rant folks but it had to be said 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hi eKLaB,

Just to be clear, the comments in that particular sentence, weren't specific to this update. I'm mentioning it as each update seems to have had a cumulative negative effect on loot levels, challenge rewards and crate contents. I've raised it before through encounters I've experienced on Grontheim in particular, and other maps in general.

Basically if an encounter is boosted 300% would you expect to see the loot container you know is always in certain place to have three times as much loot in it?

Maybe not, as you could argue that the extra loot is distributed across the whole map. But would you expect there to be less in it?. Absolutely not, but it happens every boost in certain loot locations on Grontheim.

Anyway, enough from me. I'll log in the collect my food/materials/crowns, pick up my free crates when they appear and maybe give it another go in a month or 2.

• Haha 1

To everyone that was from the beginning of Vigor I just believe that this game has become a total battle royal so aggressive and sweaty.  Grinding for those numbers on those leader boards. I'm just going to close this game and never look back. I have never understood why that getting aggressive and sweaty in a video game, I guess I never will. I have only really got into Xbox One video games in the last 3 years or so and it has been fun, I should of stayed with my point & click  games but wanted to broaden my horizons and play some other games now I know it wasn't such a good idea for me. Enough of the whining as some players call it. It is just my gameplay.  Have fun to all the ole gen 1 outlanders maybe will see you in another game that's more full filling for me/you. 

• Like 1