Gunter Severloh

Diseases, Plagues, Viruses, & today we actually have one!

Hey guys, an interesting topic, im sure many can agree that one would never had thought to see such a situation occur as the world being in a pandemic crises

in fear of an infectious virus or something else.

In human history if anyone has taken any interest to the subject such has the Black Plague of the 14th century, the Spanish flue of the 1800's, or

others that literally killed thousands if not close to millions of people just boggles your mind.

On a note to that other then the Ebola virus some years back which seems to have been taken care of as far as im aware this new one the Covid19 virus is taking the world by storm

reading and watching videos on it, its crazy, here where i live nothing has really occurred yet, other then massive school, and sporting event closings, and cancellations 

i was just at the local drug store this morning to pickup some gallons of water, and the shelves were empty so i had to settle for a few bottles, lol but aside that everything seems "normal".

Who would thought that in ones lifetime that you would experience, witness such a situation that you idk if you could say exist in movies with zombies, or an apocalyptic situation

i mean to say that it feels like a dream because idk about anyone else for me at least i never dealt with any serious situation of worry except maybe some months of unemployment

but never anything with major disasters, chaos, war, or even a pandemic like what is happening.

I cant fathom what it was like for whole nations, peoples to go to war, go through war, and or live through what we are now slowly experiencing in our day and age, im sure for

some of you based on where you live the situation is more dire and serious then where i am but all i got to say is how crazy is this!

An interesting article i found which was just posted recently about Plagues, and viruses of the past, how they started, spread and how many people died,

as the author states we could learn from history, check it out

https://thebulletin.org/2020/03/black-plague-spanish-flu-smallpox-all-hold-lessons-for-coronavirus/#

also check this video out by Joe Rogan, who interviews a virus detective

What is everyone's situation where they currently live at?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Media-induced hysteria ensues.

Government overreaches beyond duty, responsibility and authority.

ACLU and other so-called abuse watchdogs are silent.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, opusfmspol said:

Media-induced hysteria ensues.

Government overreaches beyond duty, responsibility and authority.

ACLU and other so-called abuse watchdogs are silent.

That may very well be the case.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What is everyone's situation where they currently live at?

Everything is fine here, thank dear God.

Also, what's wrong here?

lZEMtaN.png

• Sad 1

Pretty strict regulations applied here, in Poland already, which seems most wise (we seem to be blessed by right man as minister of health, others involved decision makers too), one has to be proactive rather than reactive in order to successfully flatten exponential growth curve and that seems crucial to avoid/reduce healthcare overload (which is easy, sadly). No schools (homeschooling via internet attempted), mass events, even public gatherings >50 men banned, borders, for free travel closed - controls (sanitary inspections) restored also inside Schengen Zone, returning citizens brought back in organized way and quarantined, "home office" mode in many companies etc. etc. Because of general "stay at home" recommendation people here have more time for their families, than the oldest remember. Most of the economy will suffer, but gaming industry likely will be happy. Also hygiene standards amongs society should improve... Territorial Defense helps, also operational troops involved (securing borders).

At this point - day 11 since first confirmation - 125 COVID-19 confirmed (3 deaths) much more monitored and more confirmed cases expected, hopefully mostly amongst those monitored. Next days (how people will behave) will be critical as for epidemic dynamics. Observing positive impact of restrictions expected in next 10 days or so.

Kinda worrying though reading, how recklessly and dilatory govs in some other countries are (borders may stay closed long time due to that). 

As for me and my loved ones, no symptoms so far, but one has to be prepared mentally, as seems more likely, he'll be affected sooner or, hopefully, later, than otherwise.

The Polish way so far seems to be:

Trust in God, do your part, stay at home, keep calm and memento mori... Oh, and often also stash as many toilet paper, soap, nuddles, rice and meat as you can.

• Like 1

I'm wondering what the situation is going to be with business, and people with full time jobs down the road a bit, i mean i work in a warehouse and the

company i work for is a top tier shipping/trucking company, our main account is GM ( General Motors) and we ship/deliver their car/truck parts for them,

basically take them to all the car/truck dealers within and in the surrounding states.

So my concern is aside the dockworkers in the warehouse itself, there are the truck drivers about 45+ of them i believe that travel to many dealerships to deliver parts

were talking about Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, and i forget where else, basically the Midwest where i live, exposure to other states is a concern.

I can only guess that like Ebola this too will be beat, the real issue is how the Covid19 spreads which is airborne, i would think that they would need to test,

and quarantine people either to some place, or have them stay home, which from what i understand is what is being done.

This seriously got out of hand real quick, they should have closed the borders as soon as this was discovered, and then test those who did have symptoms,

now their in a situation where their overwhelmed and have to test, and determine who has it, and how to "cure" it, this is so stupid its a dam joke, i guess its better

then a full blown war, but then this virus is a hidden enemy they said that people can be infected and not show symptoms until 4 days later from when they got it.

I would beg to question those who live in seriously cold environments wouldn't have to worry about it to a certain degree of course, i guess it depends.

I feel sorry for those of you who live in Italy i heard that whole towns and borders were shut down, thats crazy, i mean how long do you idle in that

situation before its ok to return to normal life.

We still don't know much about this virus, but from I heard so far, main reasons behind fast spreading would be likely long incubation time (I heard 2 weeks or even more without symptoms), lack of symptoms in some cases, especially children (combined with their lack of hygiene discipline) and because virus can stay pretty long on certain surfaces (this time varies widely depending on factors like temperature, humidity or material type, from minutes to several days apparently in case of stainless steel or plastics - surprising, I always thought, on the hard, smooth surfaces such stuff remains the shortests, seems opposite), so one can be extra careful about touching surfaces touched by many, like door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, tables etc. At least vulnerable to soap, if hands washed properly, or alcohols >60%. Most vulnerable are elderly people or those with impaired immune system, for them death rate is 10-15% by some sort of immune system dysregulation caused by the virus. Mainly for them limited amount of respirators etc. can be fatal, if healthcare overloaded (Italy for instance).

And it's rather droplet path only than airborne.

Ordinary flu usually is active mostly, when it's cold, also because lack of sun reduces effectiveness of human's immune system and bigger tendency to stay inside buildings with other people, but nothing sure yet about covid-19.

Introducing new drug/vaccine must take more, than a year, but there was some promising tests with drugs already on the market. 

• Like 1

its key to understand the relevant characteristics of the virus:

+ average time to symptoms: 5 days

+ 20% asymptomatic

+ most infectious in the first 7 days

the huge issue with this is the testing is basically 5-10 days behind the actual situation

+ fairly high transmissible (20% attack rate - means how likely to get if you are in contact with someone infected. plus R0 is 4-7 without measure. 2-3 with strict measures. means how one guy spreads it on average to others. its less than cold/flu but still very high)

+ mainly droplet infection (coughs and sneezes, or being close to someone (~2m) for 15+min to breath in the other persons air)

+ there is some level of aerosolization (similar to dust particle) - means can be up to 5-10 meters based on airflow. however concentration is way lower

+ virus can survive on surfaces based on humidity (more = longer, thus also material matters. wood/paper less - plastic and steel most) and UV (kills the virus). however direct contact still matters way more than surface

+ every age gets infected the same amount basically - only the symptoms and degradation differ

+ strength of your immune system matters most (worse for old people, or people with other illnesses)

overall its about scale, probabilities and chances

the 60-80% figure is based modeling - aka when does the virus run out of hosts as all infected have either immunity or are dead (aka chances get too low to jump to the next person) the figure itself is just based on the high transmissibly and lack of drugs and vaccine. as the latter one will need 1-2 years its the likely outcome. so the main goal is to stretch out that process as much as possible. best over 1-2 years to have the vaccine available and in the meantime keep health services and economy working somewhat

as for testing: there is simply not machines, the material and the manpower available. so they focus on those who are most important: medical staff, suspected cases (in bad state) based on symptoms and everyone else needed to keep things going. however there have been some improvements in recent days with better machines to upscale testing a great deal, plus (reliable) antigen tests to become available fairly soon too (cheap and quick). finally there seem to be a couple of good candidates for drugs that help in severe cases. should get confirmed and become available in the coming few weeks on mass scale (but time is short)

a lockdown has the issue the announcement will be leaked ahead of time and thus people will just escape last moment and spread even more. one has to "lock down" human interaction (termed social distancing). aka closing all non essential activities and force people staying home (potentially with threatening hefty penalty) (aside from going to work, supermarket, health related travel and other emergencies)
the issue is public transport obviously (aka not everyone can get there by foot, bike or car), hence China closed everything down apart from bare essentials
and many countries have poor regulation with sick leave or not even public health insurance

• Like 1

I cant imagine the situation with this high populated countries like China and India the two most populated countries in the world,

they will have the most infected and death rates.

Heres a live counter on utube tracking the number of cases of infected, death rates, ect,. based on country idk how accurate this is.

Guys a great video from a doctor who explains what the virus is,

how it infects you, what it does in your body and if it gets to the

point where it will kill you a good detailed explanation and demonstration:

another good video

• Thanks 1

Its really 5G technology that is killing the people a huge coverup, Corona Virus is just a distraction

for 5G, people are really getting sick from the radiation, its been said that 5G is 10,000 times stronger then the 4G technology,

the wavelengths are longer and narrower, but 5G wave lengths are short and wider, the wave lengths are just short of a military weapon.

5G has been installed in those areas where the people are getting sick, and dying, some people have a different

response to it then others because of their age, and state of health.

I'm not naturally into conspiracy theories and what have you, but i have been watching various videos on 5G technology last year

to see what it is about, whats different, better, etc,. from medical professionals in courts, stating that it should not be installed and used because it a serious risk to people's health.

From my own standpoint i prefer perspectives from various people with some credibility to something be it a profession or their own exploits that can be proven.

Like i was saying to my buddy when this Corona virus thing started, its basically another form of the flu, it has the same symptoms, and

there are thousands of people who do die from it every year, as to from other virus, the only difference now is something odd with this is

that are making it out to be more then what it is, they are actually tracking it, and showing the results as before last year if you look at the numbers of people who died from the flu

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

and 2019 - March 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

This Covid19 imo is just another form of the flu that the media and everyone is just talking about, meaning its nothing new to what happens every year

every year at this time is the flu season, so they take a Corona strain thats been known about since the 60's and bring it to people's attention.

Watch this video this guy explains what happening, this was just posted on the 31st.

Dont believe me about 5G?

Go to google and type in 5G Italy and look what comes up.

I typed in search the following:   is there 5g in Italy?

The results:   LINK

In March 2017, Italy launched a 5G trial to implement infrastructures and services in 5 cities: the metropolitan area of Milan, Prato, L'Aquila, Bari and Matera.

In September 2017, authorization was granted for the use of 100 Mhz in the 3.6-3.8 Ghz band for the roll-out of 5G in 5 Italian cities.

Scientists talk about health risks of 5G

Yeah, it is wise to seek what else is happening in times when large scale events are taking place.

Also, this may be interest if yet unseen.

15 hours ago, .kju said:

did you know that your mobile while sending, or wireless router or even the old wireless phones at home transmit actually a lot of radiation energy?

Yes. Look buddy, we're not complete idiots here. We all know 5G doesn't cause 'Coronavirus' as pitifully argued in that htg article. Well aware of shills and gatekeepers, various Noam Chomsky types in general as well but does not make everyone so, hence listed sources. Up to you then to use the analysis as you see fit.

Alt-anything is being turned into this or that type of pieces are mostly a joke, as demonstrated, keeping the versus mentality going, along with countless other levers. Not to say social networks did not have profound negative effect on today's youth. It is a massive problem, just not included in narrative usually presented in NY Times and such.

i was responding to Gunter. yes there is good reason to be very critical of NYT and other mass media, and good insights you get from alternative media and experts - yet not all, and by now most, alternative media is trash sponsored by various interest groups to sow chaos and confusion

57 minutes ago, .kju said:

to sow chaos and confusion

That right there brother.

Here's what Dr. Claus Köhnlein from Kiel had to say on the matter.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:48 AM, .kju said:

please dont watch such trash and listen to some real science

yes more research on 5G is needed, yes the role of industry and politicans is to be seen critical, yet largely for other reasons

did you know that your mobile while sending, or wireless router or even the old wireless phones at home transmit actually a lot of radiation energy?

Thanks for the info.

i personally dont use a modern mobile phone, i have a 3g flip phone, not into the phone thing,

and dont carry it on me unless im at the store, away from the car, and unless i'm going to make a call or expecting one its turned off and put away.

As for internet wifi, i have nothing wireless, and i use a shield to block anything coming from the computer or router,

i also dont own a microwave oven or a tv for that matter.

So scientist stating valid points is trash?

Did you even watch the video or you just looking at the thumbnails and title and coming up with conclusions based on what you researched?

Everything i posted is a perspective whether one accepts it or not is up to them.

I'm not into politics either, some things are interesting but does nothing for me in general.

From what i understand and my own research is that 5G reduces, and or impairs the immune system, with Corona virus the body is more susceptible to it and any other viruses.

1 hour ago, Janez said:

Here's what Dr. Claus Köhnlein from Kiel had to say on the matter.

Is there a video with better translation or can you basically in a nutshell explain the point of the video?

From what i got from it is there is a better test, and what was tested for the virus is not completely accurate among other things.

just because someone is a "Dr" or "Scientist" doesnt make him/he a meaningful source of information or opinion - even worse much are bought of working for big industry or stuck in confirmation bias, or unable to critic their own conviction 

one needs to learn about how the human brain works, how social processes work, how our economic system works. so just taking someone's saying as relevant because of "status" is misguided

5G has very very likely no relevant impact on SARA-CoV 2 whatsoever. The reason why the virus impacts us the way it is, is due to its own "design" and the characteristics it has.

Now the implications of the "lockdowns" are not to be treated lightly (social, legal, economical, health, etc) and certain things are overdone or misguided or misused, and will need correction.

However this does not mean the measures are unnecessary or wrong in their general nature.

check this for example to get some sense why this virus is very dangerous, and spend some time to think about the other implications and effects on society at large would have if "we" would let this very aggressive and deadly virus infect the world population quickly and unchecked

11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Is there a video with better translation or can you basically in a nutshell explain the point of the video?

From what i got from it is there is a better test, and what was tested for the virus is not completely accurate among other things.

Oh, I thought you were German, my apologies. I watched the interview with Serbo-Croatian subtitles made by an actual person, here for all the Balkan friends, so I suppose I found English auto-translation less confusing.

I wont do this any justice, there is a lot of details and intricacies that I will skip, take that into consideration but here's a brief summary nonetheless. I hope some of the German friends around here can chime in or at least have some use of it.

First he explains how PCR based tests are very unreliable in sense they are used for and that half of, at the time 160.000 patients tested for Corona, could be false positive. Because these are highly sensitive tests and show positive to the slightest molecule of anything. That does not even mean that patient is even ill, let alone infected with Corona virus. Corona also cannot be isolated and is clinically indistinguishable from Influenza A or similar. He gives a false epidemic in the US based on such a test as an example.

Then he shows an article in The Lancet that follows a treatment of a 50 year old patient. Symptoms are coughing, fever, exhaustion and trouble breathing. First, high doses of Methylprednisolone and 600mg of Cortisone were administered. Then Moxifloxacin that is a strong antibiotic, Lopinavir and Ritonavir that are used for treating AIDS and are quite toxic, and also Interferons that suppress the immune system. After repeat of these strong therapies, 50 year old patient died. He explains how these affected the patient and that they were way to strong and was likely administered due to fear and panic. Although he did not have access to Italian medical files, something like this in The Lancet serves as prime example despite it later turned out unfavorably and similar scheme was likely followed in Italy as well. He also explains that these sort of thing is treated by reinforcing the immune system.

As a doctor, there is also a legal side of it. If the patient dies, they are not held responsible as they followed WHO guidelines. He compares it to how politicians tend to blow things way out of proportion, to not be later accused of doing too little.

The interviewer asks him about 'flattening the curve' concerning Corona, which is basically if left unregulated there would be massive amount of patients in short period of time and hospitals would not be able to handle it.

He is certain that would not happen, considering their beds were completely empty and there wont be a Corona epidemic in his hospital because - I heavily constricted the whole explanation here - bottom line is that this is not a new virus but rather new method of testing for it. He also points out that risk groups are always in risk and they predominantly die from internal issues then external ones.

From his long experience in oncology, patients often die from fungal infections for example.

He answers that a series of events bring a person to death rather then virus alone.

She inquires about fairly recent Ebola events and he comments he wasn't personally present on site but his friend concluded that Malaria and Ebola are essentially the same and the story is rather unclear.

She also asks about internal bleeding that Malaria causes to which he replies that every severe disease eventually leads to failure of internal organs and internal bleeding. By then the disease has advanced greatly. He suggest to move on since, as he mentioned, wasn't personally involved in Ebola cases.

He asks if Chinese cured Corona or just stopped testing for it, stating again that this is not a new clinical image and therefore not a new illness.

Speculations about length and death toll of the current situation he deems just that, speculations, unless therapy from The Lancet goes into mass use.

Then he briefly shows his book Virus-Wahn in which he explains that vaccines are much more profitable then medicine because patent for latter expires only after four years, while it never expires for the former. He also remarks that the biggest player in vaccine world is currently Bil Gates and concludes that a vaccine for Corona is absolute nonsense since this is not a new clinical condition therefore not treatable by new vaccine.

To question about seasonal flu vaccination, he responds that he generally administers them only to those who want it if that makes them feel better, more secure but there doesn't seem to be any advantage over tradition treatment. Concluding that it is important to keep your immune system strong, to have enough sleep, eat regularly and not to stress yourself too much.

• Thanks 1

Eh, like usually it's more dismissive then debunking but I wouldn't get bogged down on this. Ideally, proponents of different angles should have an open, active discussion but that never happens so why would it now. Instead some sort of 'proxy war' type of clusterf*uck is conducted.

10 hours ago, Janez said:

Oh, I thought you were German, my apologies.

No worries, my heritage is Dutch and German, but i was born in Canada and raised by my Dutch Grandparents my first 5yrs, after lived

in the USA with my mother, no one spoke anything else then English although on occasion my grandparent would say something in their home tongue,

so i never actually properly learned to speak any languages from them, but i did learn a little of the German language when i studied it, a way bit offtopic.

But thanks for the translation.

As per Kju's link and info, theres alot to be said about the situation and the facts being present from others, so seems we must take into account that

there are other sinister things going on around the virus be it a cover up, or just misinformation on the facts, either way lets hope this shit mess ends as quickly as it came

and things return to normal if not better.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:58 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

5g ect

Like i was saying to my buddy when this Corona virus thing started, its basically another form of the flu, it has the same symptoms, and

there are thousands of people who do die from it every year, as to from other virus, the only difference now is something odd with this is

that are making it out to be more then what it is, they are actually tracking it, and showing the results as before last year if you look at the numbers of people who died from the flu

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

and 2019 - March 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

This Covid19 imo is just another form of the flu that the media and everyone is just talking about, meaning its nothing new to what happens every year

every year at this time is the flu season, so they take a Corona strain thats been known about since the 60's and bring it to people's attention.

Dont believe me about 5G?

Go to google and type in 5G Italy and look what comes up.

I typed in search the following:   is there 5g in Italy?

The results:   LINK

Scientists talk about health risks of 5G

Apologies to quote the entire post, but almost everything you posted there is either demonstratively incorrect or or is falling for causation vs correlation. 99% of the time I pass on commenting on posts such as these but as I've spent the past couple of weeks volunteering in our local trusts diagnostic lab (having done my undergrad & masters in biomedical science, now onto graduate medicine) and other duties due to medschool being essentially closed I feel its important for this kind of to be pointed out for what it is, which is dangerous.

To say its just another form of flu: they present in a similar manner, and have the the ability to cause respiratory disease which diverge into other symptoms and transmission from human to human is similar, check. 

Severity is a different ball game: WHO have cases at 10-15% requiring oxygen and 3-5% requiring some form of ventilation, this is far beyond what you will find in seasonal flu cases. 
Also the case fatality rate is higher, considerably. Currently I believe its between 2.5 to 4%, which likely will drop yes (i'll come back to this), but not to seasonal flu levels on 0.1%.

Furthermore, most of the world have built up immunity to seasonal flu (outside elderly and immunocomprimised) and have shots available for the winter periods. Covid is new, we know little about innate and almost zero about adaptive immunity to covid hence why its name is  it was originally called 'novel' as yes we knew coronaviruses existed, but previous to this the virus SARS-CoV-2 had not been known. So there is no shot for people to get for this as of yet (several are going through clinical trials and hopefully will be deployed within 6-12 months if we're lucky). 

Of course you have to caveat the numbers with the quality of the healthcare in that country however, Italy has a fantastic healthcare system much like the UK and yet in parts of Italy we are observing things which are quite unprecedented in our time. Also you seem to be confusing seasonal flu with pandemic flu which are two very different things, as the name suggests seasonal flu comes around by season, outbreaks of new flu very often different, the last time we saw this was with swine flu which caused upwards of 200,000 people. 

Unfortunately we'll be waiting two to three years to be able to get reliable epidemiological data i.e. once the dust settles however, we don't know if it may return and continue to cause this chaos, we don't know the adaptive immune response over months and years so really not worth taking such risks as to push it aside as something not to be too concerned about when the data we do have points toward a different story. 

As for the 5g nonsense I'd simply just like to quote a professor at lshtm I read earlier today: "both a physical and biological impossibility". 

• Thanks 1

So, lets continue here with infos or news releases about the corona crisis. Started in the european thread, but its international so its maybe better here.

Detroit bus driver dies from coronavirus days

after making angry video about coughing passenger

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/detroit-bus-driver-dies-coronavirus-trnd/index.html