W0lle

Cold War Rearmed III

10 hours ago, WombatInCombat said:

damn, these guards are blind

Dude, its Guba, they are intentionally flexing!

Same here but that'll probably be a lot harder/different this time around because of Arma 3/CUP damage and RPG trajectory models.

• Like 1

Yes, it will be a completely different story this time. Which doesn't have to be bad at all.

If all fails, we can still have our own LAWs (or other weapons) with custom magazine and ammo. No one said it's easy to bring back a storyline from almost 20 years ago. 🙂

• Like 2

Absolutely, not a bad thing at all!

Tbh, that peeking on top of hill with LAWs "tactic" was complete cheese. Crawling to plant satchels was probably the challenging approach, which I did a couple of times in later years. Not sure what I did in CWR 1 and 2. Probably cheese it from the top of the hill.

Regardless, that missions has pretty much every weapon in game available in briefing pool so we'll have plenty of tactical choices.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, Navalny for president said:

T-72 in your screenshot not T-72BV its T-72B1

You're going to have a heart attack, but in original Operation Flashpoint, the tank was called simply "T-72", and was modelled after Czech T-72M4. Funny enough, T-72M4 went into service two years after OFP was released - so it's inclusion in the game was double anachronistic!

• Like 2

And another, unplanned one. But the fine thing just made its maiden flight in A3 and I couldn't resist. 😎

cwr3-ah1-promo.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

I am so glad to finally see some Cold War/older helos! Even for early Iraq War missions at this point, pretty much all that's available is the AH-64 variants. The AH-1Z variants look far too modern to be the older model.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, W0lle said:

And another, unplanned one. But the fine thing just made its maiden flight in A3 and I couldn't resist. 😎

Are you aware that you are not helping us by showing us these images?

I want CWR right away! 😋

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images
  • Haha 1

I have a question regarding the Cold War factions in this mod. Will there be an early 80s faction for the US side? As most CW enthusiasts probably know, the US Army (and other branches) was going through a series of upgrades to equipment and vehicles through the 80s. Most CW mods are really only accurate (I know that isn't necessarily the focus here) for conflicts from the late 80s to the early 90s.  I'm curious to know if we'll see a US Army faction without the Abrams, Bradley, Humvee, M249, M16A2, PASGT and such, with the vehicles and equipment that they replaced being included instead? Such things have been discussed concerning other mods over the years (with me being one of the participants) but I'm curious to know exactly what types of era appropriate factions will be included with the mod. I've been a bit hesitant to ask the question here before now because I don't want it to come across as a request or badgering of any kind. I'm perfectly fine if the answer is "yay" or "nay". I know that such a faction mod could be created from existing mods and probably much more easily so when CWR3 is released but I'm curious to know what we will see when the mod is released.

While I'm at it, I would also like to offer any research assistance that I might be able to provide. As a US Army veteran of the period, I might also be able to offer some insights on certain things that I might be able to recall. I only served a 3 year enlistment (84-87 as an artillery repairer) with half of that being in Germany and the other half stateside, so I'm no expert by any means but many of the upgrades of the period were taking place while I was serving. I also have a huge interest in most of the era (primarily the 70s & 80s) and have quite a few references that I've collected online over the years that I would be happy to share. I also have a bit of a knack for finding hard to find information that I don't have. I'm not looking for any kind of recognition. I just want to help in any small way that I can if such help is needed. If you have any relevant questions, I can be DM'd here or on the Arma Cold Warriors discord server (under the same user name).

I mean these are the lists of weapons and vehicles that were in Cold War Assault. As you can see, for example, there is a M60 tank so you can use that in your scenario instead of M1 but not every weapon system has its predecessor or successor in other cases for that matter. Its ~1985, so a bit of a mix. CUP may have some additional toys by now and CWR seems to be adding few missing weapons systems such as Cobra above.

Now, this is only my 2c so I'm in no way speaking for CWR team but its likely a sound guesstimation. Besides, you never know when someone donates something to the projects or a team member gets inspired and creates an asset.

11 hours ago, scimitar said:

I have a question regarding the Cold War factions in this mod. Will there be an early 80s faction for the US side? As most CW enthusiasts probably know, the US Army (and other branches) was going through a series of upgrades to equipment and vehicles through the 80s. Most CW mods are really only accurate (I know that isn't necessarily the focus here) for conflicts from the late 80s to the early 90s.  I'm curious to know if we'll see a US Army faction without the Abrams, Bradley, Humvee, M249, M16A2, PASGT and such, with the vehicles and equipment that they replaced being included instead? Such things have been discussed concerning other mods over the years (with me being one of the participants) but I'm curious to know exactly what types of era appropriate factions will be included with the mod. I've been a bit hesitant to ask the question here before now because I don't want it to come across as a request or badgering of any kind. I'm perfectly fine if the answer is "yay" or "nay". I know that such a faction mod could be created from existing mods and probably much more easily so when CWR3 is released but I'm curious to know what we will see when the mod is released.

While I'm at it, I would also like to offer any research assistance that I might be able to provide. As a US Army veteran of the period, I might also be able to offer some insights on certain things that I might be able to recall. I only served a 3 year enlistment (84-87 as an artillery repairer) with half of that being in Germany and the other half stateside, so I'm no expert by any means but many of the upgrades of the period were taking place while I was serving. I also have a huge interest in most of the era (primarily the 70s & 80s) and have quite a few references that I've collected online over the years that I would be happy to share. I also have a bit of a knack for finding hard to find information that I don't have. I'm not looking for any kind of recognition. I just want to help in any small way that I can if such help is needed. If you have any relevant questions, I can be DM'd here or on the Arma Cold Warriors discord server (under the same user name).

CWR3 is not a true cold war mod, its aim is to recreate the units/equipment/factions that we had in Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint Resistance. So I am afraid to say its not going to be 100% accurate.

• Like 5

This is very exciting news, not sure how I missed this! I've got huge interest in this period and the gear that was used and I also own quite a bit of the US stuff!

While it looks like you already have a lot of it, if you need any reference stuff for US gear I can do photos and measurements, etc of the stuff I have. Give me a shout if you are looking for anything in particular!

As R0adki11 already pointed out, the 'main objective' of this Mod is to bring back the spirit of the original Operation Flashpoint/Cold War Assault. Specifically the missions and campaigns. Realism or authentic equipment is not the primary thing. You'll see authentic and realistic gear like the AH-1 Cobra or uniforms of that era (~ 1985). But you'll also see US Army soldiers fighting with G36 or Steyr AUG rifles. 😂

However as the game evolves, the Mod also does. Sticking strictly to how Operation Flashpoint/Cold War Assault was is more and more replaced with 'we go for (limited) realism where possible and not breaking the experience.

"I'm curious to know if we'll see a US Army faction without the Abrams, Bradley, Humvee, M249, M16A2, PASGT and such, with the vehicles and equipment that they replaced being included instead? "

Never say never but most probably CWR III will not go that far back. Simply because many of the required model are not made or must be collected from different sources.

• Like 13

cwr3-hotcouple-promo.jpg

They are together since almost 20 years, a surprise considering Guba's manners. 🤣
Thanks to Temon for sharing his face texture pack with us. And Stagler 'invented' the infamous Angelina.

Spoiler

Before you get too excited, Angelina is more or less a 'static doll' able to stand, die and play some animations (yet).

• Like 19

Next gen Angelina confirmed!
wbB4FxE.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, W0lle said:

They are together since almost 20 years, a surprise considering Guba's manners. 🤣
Thanks to Temon for sharing his face texture pack with us. And Stagler 'invented' the infamous Angelina.

Great to see, the building looks abit tired. Besides a unit pack, will we see the Terrains brought up to Arma3 standards?

There will be 'Nextgen Terrains', completely overhauled with slightly larger villages and vegetation ond other objects replaced. But they are far, far away. You don't do that in just a month or two, and poor Jakerod has only a 24h day as the rest of us. 😃

Not a priority now anyway as we're 'married' with CUP and use the old ones for the time being.

• Like 9

If you create the 3d model for us, then yes. 🙂

Well... a recon team spotted them this morning on Kolgujev:

cwr3-t80-promo.jpg

Edited by W0lle
Image added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Oh please, let those paper-mache T-80s appear in your mod, they are awfully amazing, and amazingly awful! (and uber-nostalgic)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Oh please, let those paper-mache T-80s appear in your mod, they are awfully amazing, and amazingly awful! (and uber-nostalgic)

With me, you never know what happens next. 😄

What happened actually is the return of this classic, thanks to joker006:

cwr3-bus-promo.jpg

• Like 14