W0lle

Cold War Rearmed III

Thanks for the help and assistance offers. All added to my 'slaves' list and will get back to you when it's needed.

At the moment, there's a lot of discussion going on to set goals and what we want to achieve. Could be that it takes quite some time until you hear from me.

As for merging with other Mods: Most likely not going to happen. It's already difficult to determine what to keep from the old days and what to sacrifice for making use of the ArmA3 engine and its capabilities. Now figure two Mods merging with even more different opinions, ideas and goals.

With CUP being used as basis, using other Mods like Conflict '85 is no problem at all. Making use of paid content for CWR3 is a no-go. No matter what it offers.

• Like 8

This is great news, CWR2 is the reason that I only just moved on to Arma 3 this January.

I won't start asking stupid questions like if you'll make the Brits\Dutch etc. but would the civilian cars be included at all? Sad I know, but since moving over I've missed yours and Vilas civilian cars - they really added to the immersion. It's all fast n furious on the steam workshop!

No Brits, Dutch or any of the other Expansions.

I've already in touch with vilas, and most probably all of the civilian cars will return. If there's someone doing the work that is. 🙂

• Like 9

The cup project 85 team lost a lot of data if I remember right but slatts and his team still have a few bits that they might be willing to donate and let their work live on, which might offer a good starting base in conjunction with what the CUP team already has created and with Vilas's help the 80's seem closer than ever. 

It pleases me greatly to see your return, CWR2 was the definitive Cold War mod back in Arma 2. I hope for great things.
Forgive me because it's been a while, but given that your current focus seems to be the US and Soviet Union, what will be your artistic direction? Will you opt for the more renowned M88 and KLMK oversuits? Or will they use M69 uniforms? For the US, what vehicles do you think will make the crossover? There are assets even within this more focused approach to the old mod that exist nowhere else in the community or do so with older tech, such as the M60, M163, and AH-1F (I did see your previous answer on the cobra)

Lastly, while the desire to have as few dependencies is a wise one, there does tend to be issues with crossmod compatibility. Given that this era is much more piecemeal in regards to equipment in the modscene right now, it seems highly likely that this would be played with RHS or GM assets, and more often this rears its ugly head in regards to vehicle Vs vehicle combat, is this something your team is thinking about?

Thank you for your time. It's great to see you back.

• Like 2

CUP will be the main dependency of the MOD, as most of the era appropriate vehicles are already in there. The USSR troops will use KLMK and khaki M88 uniforms.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great news, good to see some old faces around. Vilas, W0lle... now where's sickboy, xeno, rocko, etc? 😎

Very excited for CWR content for A3 and glad to see it is based around an already popular addon for config balancing / inheritance concerns. I for one am starving for Cold War content, despite GM's quality we simply cannot get enough of a playerbase with the CDLC to play regularly with it.

Being W0lle I assume this has no chance of being a CDLC right? 😄

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, PiZZADOX said:

Being W0lle I assume this has no chance of being a CDLC right?

You're absolutely right here. Never ever! 🙂

• Like 4

Glad to see this project up and running for ArmA3 (even if I am three months late with my congratulations) 😆

Glad to see some of the "old guard" are still on the scene  @W0lle 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Glad to see this project up and running for ArmA3 (even if I am three months late with my congratulations) 😆

Glad to see some of the "old guard" are still on the scene  @W0lle 

Good to see other members of the 'old guard' lurking as well! 😉😂

• Like 2

Guest Paolo G.

I am very interested on what content will be in this mod. Anyways, i wish u guys good luck.

I think it's about time to do this. 😀

cwr3-usa-promo.jpg

cwr3-rus-promo.jpg

cwr3-fia-promo.jpg

cwr3-t72-promo.jpg

Please note that these are early WIP screens. Things can and will change in the future.

A big thanks goes to the CUP Team, without their assistance and knowledge we wouldn't be that far already.
Thanks also to my small but dedicated team, esp. batteriefuhrer, Stagler and Mikero.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Are those images meant to be tiny? Still very nice to see though! Looks good from what I can see.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was an issue on my side! 😅

1 hour ago, W0lle said:

Thanks also to my small but dedicated team, esp. batteriefuhrer, Stagler and Mikero.

Comrade Stagler making himself of use as always 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, Navalny for president said:

T-72BV its 1989 model, T-72B1 is 1985

Just before you get even more into it:

The goal of CWR III is not realism, not really. It's about bringing the experience from the old days back, nothing else.

If you're into counting screws on a wheel, you're better off to another Mod because I don't care if that steel beast is called T-72B1 or T-72BV.
We take the name change into consideration of course.

Update: The thing is now called T-72B1 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

That grass doesn't LOOK like it came from 1985... just sayin'... 😛

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

That grass doesn't LOOK like it came from 1985... just sayin'... 😛

Haha, prick. 😃

That actually made me chuckle, almost choked on a sandwich.

• Haha 1

One more... 🙂

cwr3-scud-promo.jpg

Thanks to Evrik and the 3CB Team for sharing Guba's big toy with us!

• Like 12
  • Haha 2