Sign in to follow this  
Cockheaven

Secure HVT using ACE

Hi guys I did a quick search for similar scenarios to what I'm trying to achieve and it turned up dry. I have an HVT (HVT1_1) in a building, he's armed and dangerous. Players need to capture him alive, so what i'd like to do is (no matter what ammunition) have the HVT go unconscious upon being hit so players may subdue and stabilize him. I know I can enable AI unconsciousness using ACE settings but I don't want that to be global I just want HVT1_1 to be able to go unconscious. Here is what I have so far
HVT1_1 init

this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {this setDammage 0.7; 
this setvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", true, true]; 
this setUnconscious true;}];

The problem is HVT1_1 Dies...

9 hours ago, Cockheaven said:

Hi guys I did a quick search for similar scenarios to what I'm trying to achieve and it turned up dry. I have an HVT (HVT1_1) in a building, he's armed and dangerous. Players need to capture him alive, so what i'd like to do is (no matter what ammunition) have the HVT go unconscious upon being hit so players may subdue and stabilize him. I know I can enable AI unconsciousness using ACE settings but I don't want that to be global I just want HVT1_1 to be able to go unconscious. Here is what I have so far
HVT1_1 init

this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {this setDammage 0.7; 
this setUnconscious true;}];

The problem is HVT1_1 Dies...

Try using HandleDamage eh instead and return 0 in it.

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {this setDamage 0.7; 

this setUnconscious true;

0}];

Note: Haven't tested this approach with ace before so not sure how that's gonna gel

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the assistance @mrcurry I took your idea and ran with it, heres what ended up being an acceptable solution.

HVT1_1 init

HVT1_1 addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {HVT1_1 setDamage 0.7;   
HVT1_1 allowDamage false;
["ace_captives_setSurrendered",[HVT1_1,true]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
HVT1_1 allowDamage true;  
0}]; 

A little redundancy with the allowdamage but better alive than !alive...
What I observed, with the current ACE settings not allowing AI unconscious it seems it scans for AI that are unconscious (ACE unconscious) and if it returns true it kills them. So it seems with the Allow AI Unconsciousness option disabled it is not possible to have an isolated AI go unconscious, the solution was to have the AI surrender when he gets shot.