Reeveli

Manipulating screen during closing shot

So I am trying to have a black screen (e.g. by using titleText) AND then have the predefined closing shot projected on top of it. What is the point? The decolorization into black and white will not do anything with a black screen but the nice effect of the white static and the "Mission over" text box would look cool over just a fully black screen.

My problem so far has been that the BIS_fnc_endMission seems to override any method of having a black screen. If I use titleText ["", "BLACK FADED", 1] followed by BIS_fnc_endMission then the screen will revert back to normal before starting the cycle for the closing shot. If using titletext (or cuttext) after the BIS_fnc_endMission then the black screen will be on top of the closing shot preventing the players from seeing the effects. The same thing happens if using the in-built fade function inside BIS_fnc_endMission (e.g. ["lose1",false,10,false] call BIS_fnc_endMission), once the function fires it will clear the screen of any previous effect allowing the players a brief glimpse of not-black screen. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Use one of the endMission commands, not the functions. I usually just use the functions, but at least one of the commands should work with what you're trying to do.