ToxicHeart

Teaming in solo will ruin this game. period.

I will not be following responses to this thread, I don't care to deal with fanboys and I've dealt with Bohemia Interactive before when they took over DayZ... I know what to expect. 

I thought I'd give the game a try despite knowing how BI operates. I was thoroughly enjoying it despite the clunkiness of the combat, the blatant monetizing tactics, and the obnoxious "wait to upgrade" system. 

but now I've reached a point where I'm constantly running into teams of 3 and 4 on solo... seriously?  people are so pathetic that they can't have anyone have a fair chance to play a game?  and BI clearly isn't doing anything about it, nor do I expect them to. 

lack of content, overemphasizing monetization, and a broken game mode that won't be fixed. 

I'm uninstalling and I won't waste my time the next time I see Bohemia Interactive's name on a product... you guys are truly pathetic. Deuces.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Teaming is pathetic in single mode, and it ruins the joy from the individual players. Teamer, you are not hero, when you win fights with support of your team members. Be hero and go play agains other teams in team mode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess they enjoy ruining the fun for others, more than competitive victory and honing their own skills.

• Thanks 1

meh, it's like any other hacker in games... they can't be bothered to keep to the rules of fairness. And most subscribe to the "war has no rules" motto.

I think this could be curtailed with packs of wolves or wild dogs roaming the villages. And a family of bears or mountain lions in the forests/mtns. Woul also add swarms of bees and bats to the cliffs just to keep the camping snipers from sitting too long in one place.

Any thoughts?? Can Vigor add wild, rabid, ferocious animals to the contest for survival? Or just to even the odds against teamers and campers...  (edit: oops, sry, thot this was a Vigor forum. my bad)

Edited by Teamksa
wrong forum. meant to be in vigor game forum
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

it is.. but movement soap and speed is boosting it. in the past it was easy to take out solos with co-op. but now its crazy op when someone co-op. I am not a troll.. but battle-royale is simply Said anarchy for greedy devs and terrible gamers.

just a social playground for people who do not have real life partys to attend.. emotional Said but true.. vr gaming in the future Will conquer real life.. sad but true.

again Said; sad but true but br is made for sad fucks that cant play but still pays.. thats the only skill I see in br's..(and I judge games from a casual standpoint).. 😕

I love healty gaming and wish all gamers the best. but what I am saying is true.

😕

had a session. game is broken.. have a good argument against it.. and I Will answear harsh if you are stupid. (honest not rude)

(same experience in; pubg and Apex. fuck fortinight and other copycats)

(oh, I forgot rainbow six siege.. ; reduced to a f'n cellphone game when it comes to skill) games suck these days.. from my point og view as a 32 year old. unless u think candy crush is about skill 🤠🤠😂😂😂 ban me if its to much.. its still so true 😂😂

terrible flat and boring.. 

to push the limit.. games at current state.. shooter are for cowards.. but again.. cowards pay rather than reveal themeselfs..

I am angry! ( I read my own posts)

In fairness the devs have tried to prevent teaming by removing the “preparing” notification so people can’t quit out and get forced into games. A step in the right direction but as I said before I’m another thread there’s a workaround for it so it’s still not a resolved issue. Not being a fanboy here what I say that just thought it was worth mentioning. That said I’ve lost passion for the game myself not so much with teasers which I can usually identify and avoid but  moreso with the instant headshots and tradekills issue making every weapon in the game lethal and brutal to face. Can use an akm and waste an entire clip but someone can whip 3 rounds out and insta kill me, shotgun sniping, Thompson luck shots and mosin insta kills, list goes on. I have nothing against a lobby grouping out peacefully to get loot if say the modifier is at 300%+. 

Yes this teaming in solos has really done me in. When I first started playing it was fun & enjoyable but now it makes me ill. I thought there would be a stop to it but I really believe that the more I complain the worse it gets. When I was younger I remember playing games single player without the internet. It's really sad to see being older and seeing all of these players being so toxic and disrespectful. I'm a older grandma and I would like to enjoy playing these games but it is not going to happen in my lifetime. I have learned my lesson. I will just stick to the games where I don't have to worry about teaming at all. Save my battle pass money for something not so toxic.

Hi Matthew, Crypto,

Like you I've been a victim of teaming a number of times. Such that after several experiences if I kill someone I leave the map as quickly as I can. The reason, I was hunted down by my victims colleague/colleague's as he could tell them exactly where I was.

I've also previously proposed a system of punishment for confirmed teamers. But the problem with any system is that it needs resource to police it and I can understand that BI would prefer not to assign someone to do it.

I don't know can be done technically, unless chat is disabled maybe or the signal detector becomes single use (available once per encounter). For me if I see a number of outlanders with top end weapons and one boosts to the max then I'm suspicious and change my approach to the encounter. 

Matthew,

The work around you mention is still apparently operational. I was partnered with an outlander yesterday who boosted loot and crate to the max. We spawned in and he was a statue. Unresponsive until he simply disappeared off the map star trek style.

Not sure why someone would do that unless it cost him nothing and benefitted his colleagues.

• Like 1

Crypto I feel you there I’ve recently gone back to Xbox original and am currently playing some good old classics like operation flashpoint, an old BI classic back in the days of good long life games.

• Like 1

Forcing game chat when playing vigor would address probably 90% of teamers because then if you want to do teaming you have to use a third party program like discord or something.

It would make things pretty much impossible for reactive teamers because then they can't just invite the whole lobby to a party hoping someone will join them. 

And in addition to forcing game chat making the matchmaker stop you from joining lobbies with friends/recent players would eliminate the rest of teamers pretty well because then you can only game with friends/recent players when you're in an official team with them.

Eh, sometimes i won't kill a player if they're unarmed. Or if I'm full of loot and just want to leave instead of fight, and someone waves at me and doesn't want to fight either, I'll just keep going and not risk losing my loot. I don't travel with others in solo though.

They should mark all people as friends on a mission. Also maybe randomizing your position after killing someone in a team/ friend setup.  10 seconds to get out of dodge...invulnerable unless you draw a weapon? Just thinking..

Interesting topic. I had the first experience where I saw clearly two guys teaming up in a Solo. I even have it recorded. 

I sent a message to this lame guy Sir Nasty1 who claimed that Vigor encourages us to make friends, ergo teaming up is acceptable. 

I told him this was a lame excuse for being too chicken to fight alone, but of course him being a troll, was just laughing at me. 

Well, if that's the case and Vigor do not take action against teaming up, this is really bad. Means Vigor accepts it.

• Like 1

Castro72, funny- I was also going to open my post by saying "interesting topic" because I have noticed the last few days that every time I enter an encounter, I encounter teams in solo mode.  I have to keep checking to see if I accidentally turned on my "lone wolf" option, but nope- just teams in solo.  I've been racking up the kills though, because teams are easier to snipe than singles.  They always seem to frolic together in the pastures like they're on a date or something.  Easy targets.  Maybe I should just play 'lone wolf' from now on? No such thing as solo anymore.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, c00ster said:

I was explained by Mods that teaming in Solos is fine, as long as it happens "organically".

Here:

Didn't try to snipe, usually I am carrying an A-KM. 

Indeed, there's organic teaming which is basically meeting someone in an Encounter and befriending them in there. Teaming up before queuing for an Encounter is not something we support, though.

Here's a video by one of our Partners, perfectly explaining what organic teaming is: 

Hope this clears it up for you. 🍅

• Haha 1

I support organic teaming. It’s worked for me before when I worked with a guy who like me one encounter we’re both unarmed worked together to secure a locked container and used the weapons within tonight off a third guy who bricked himself when he saw the the two of us going against him. Also had a game where I bypassed barred house on batterie and emoted to a guy coming up towards it, he aimed but then didn’t shoot realising I’d indicated I had no interest in the loot there so he went about his way and I went mine to a dig stash I discovered the picture for where he came from 🙂 good stuff too rare to see usually 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Indeed, there's organic teaming which is basically meeting someone in an Encounter and befriending them in there. Teaming up before queuing for an Encounter is not something we support, though.

Here's a video by one of our Partners, perfectly explaining what organic teaming is: 

Hope this clears it up for you. 🍅

Just for me to understand, because you say to befriend them in the game. How exactly is this working? How do you know who is the player in front of you? 

I am usually let the people unarmed pass, when I have the chance to see them from close-by, which is not always easy. I also shot some unarmed people, since they did not waive and could not see properly that they carried no weapon. 

But let's say I have a player in front of me and he is not shooting at me, how do I befriend him? 

It’s usually an unspoken teamwork, emote, run together and generally just naturally work together. Like my story with the locked container, me and his guy both unarmed both got guns from the container then we go shot at coming out of the container me and the guy silently worked together to take on the third (i died but still fun) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, clearly something has changed.  Before, you could see in the encounter load screen the people who were teamed up with a blue circle that joined their boxes.  I am SO glad they got rid of that.  I haven't seen any teaming up since.  It kind of defeated the whole 'lone wolf' option.