Sign in to follow this  
TwoCanoe

Toggle Detail or Texture in a Map Control

Hi, I have a Dialog with a Map Control. I want to toggle between the texture map and the detail map.

The best I have so far is to have 2 map controls, one of type 100 (CT_MAP) for the detail map and the second is type 101 (CT_MAP_MAIN). I can toggle between them using show/hide for each map type. My default map control is the type 101 (CT_MAP_MAIN).  No player or veh icons etc.show up on the detail map (CT_MAP).

This code works for the normal map:

ctrlActivate ((findDisplay 12) displayCtrl 107);

I assume that  displayCtrl 107 is the "Toogle map textures" button on the (top right of the) normal map dialog.

Obviously I would prefer to have just one map control in my dialog , all I need to know is it possible to switch from Detail Map to Texture Map using a single map control?

If not, why can't I see any icons on the second map (CT_MAP)?

Update:

Found a workaround. I added a custom class to the config:

class RscMapControl
{
	// All the standard map control class params here
};
class RscMapControlNoTex: RscMapControl // No textures
{
	alphaFadeStartScale = 0;
	alphaFadeEndScale = 0;
};

This sorts out the no markers/icons problem. Still have to use 2 map controls with show/hide.

If there were methods/commands to change these 2 params (something like "ctrlSetAlphaFadeStartScale" and "ctrlSetAlphaFadeEndScale") then I would be able to use a single map control.

to have terrain instead of detail for you map you have use the following settings in your defines file. If you want to toggle between the two, then you will need to different mapcontrols in your defines file and a button to show them. here is the code to make a map control show terrain

class RscMapControl

{

type = CT_MAP_MAIN;

maxSatelliteAlpha = 0;

alphaFadeStartScale = 0;

alphaFadeEndScale = 0;
};

For detail

class RscMapControl

{

type = CT_MAP_MAIN;

maxSatelliteAlpha = 0.85;