DSabre

Flying Legends

yep, affects engine management. It is not widely advertised since it is likely to be a temporary solution till all aircraft are updated to handle engine management.

1 hour ago, DSabre said:

yep, affects engine management. It is not widely advertised since it is likely to be a temporary solution till all aircraft are updated to handle engine management.

So does that mean that not having that mode enabled will just make the planes behave like before without any of the special scripted behaviour?

v 0.023

- added engine management pro pilot mode (P-51D and FW190A)

- minor tweaks to P-51D interior and exterior (gauges, radiator)

- added cowl flaps animation for Ju88A

- added a few more mags for Ju88 Front Gunner

- content vaulted Ju86 and P-51B/C

- fixed axis fuel tank smdi

- fixed Bf109F/G canopy opening (thanks Belgerot)

- engine management changes (values, limiter)

- engine management penalty tweaks: in air = throttle limiter, on ground = engine damage)

Content vault means content is currently removed, may come back at a later time again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dev Blog

The content vault concept is kind of fun (at least here)

It is going to be expanded to other parts of the mod:

A99B3246EE168A1AC163A0E3190D5A4ED702E050

There are so many P-51 liveries for instance which would simply bloat the mod.

There are no plans to make more dedicated livery mods either.

So every now and then some liveries will be swapped out, some others will be swapped in.

Idea is to have 2 or maximum 3 liveries being available at the same time.

Same for the other aircraft, where this was done already to some extent.

If the model and uv map are changed (which happens, just did because of the belly radiator)

-it is easier to fix 2 liveries instead of 15 + a few livery mods.

Spoiler

AHOGHO7.png 

IhCy9EQ.png

Current pool of available P-51D textures.

(more details in the beginning of the thread)

• Like 6

Dev Blog

Now that the mod is a little more lightweight there is time to focus on some more details.

Today - Fw 190 fuselage:

SXD5weg.png

It is a bit too roundish overall and dimensions were all over the place.

Never really gave it an update like the P-51 got.

Basically it was the same secret weapons model with a slightly better uv layout.

MYebFln.png

Improved topology a little (very easy using knife tool and dissolve edges).

Apart from looking nice that makes it easier to work on the model.

Fixed the engine cowling dimension issues and made the fuselage shape look more triangular.

Not that I am aware of anyone ever making a texture for this aeroplane...

Anyway should not affect UV Map/Texture too much as I projected it all into the same place again, more or less.

• Like 5

Nice to see the 190 is getting an update, I've made a few textures using the template provided:

tNvXRX4.jpg

Nothing too extreme, just added a few markings and moved others about but it will be interesting to see how it will look come the updated model.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking good. And glad some players actually make reskins. At least to me that is the highest level of praise if people spend their time on a mod this way.

(Not sure if the decals are ok to use on the forums though. In some countries, especially in europe, they are banned from use in entertainment and games.

That is why the mod uses a generic replacement so it works for players from any country...

- Thanks for updating!)

It will take another week or two. Not finished yet. It looks like there may be some slight adjustment necessary for the fuselage area.

All in all perhaps 5 minutes to update the livery.

4iwkZWI.png 

Belly region changed slightly, old texture may need tiny adjustments

70QfpG2.png

Mapping moved upwards slightly, might need small re-arrangement

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nice work.

DEV Blog

Currently I am updating some of the interiors and fixing some things under the hood (should not affect any sub/retexture mods much).

I78PMwy.jpg

YQshLeV.jpg 

LKeBXnX.jpg

Updated Bf 109 E interior, ETC Rack

u0B3JVA.png    

Dauntless redesign wip

Also playing with the idea to update the F4U, Dauntless and A6M and add into this mod. May or may not happen.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I hope Japanese aircraft make it into this mod because the lack of pacific war content is disappointing. The secret weapons aircraft gave me a lot more flexibility to my scenarios and I hope you continue work on this mod in general. Your mods gave me reason to step back into a ww2 timeframe because of the quality content you are producing, try not to burn yourself out of course. Keep up the Fantastic Work! 

• Like 1

Dev Blog

More progress

sAZ29gn.jpg

Bf 109 E Interior Update

ujeiWp5.jpg

Bf 109 F/G/K Interior Update

ZQJwuTD.jpg

Hurricane

EcfhzzF.jpg

Mk.IID

edit:

Next update will be a major step. While it won't add any new vehicles it changes most of them. Noticable differences will be the modified interiors and changes to loadout options.

Most changes will be under the hood though. Since there are a couple other versions of these aircraft worked on in parallel (non public, personal use only) - file conflicts during development were frequent. It was necessary to change nomenclature of all internal files to make them unique. Basically every file except config and model.cfg now uses an appropriate prefix which eliminates risk of overwriting with the wrong version.  Instead of using a generic filename such as glass.rvmat the unambiguous sab_fl_p51d_glass.rvmat will be used in future in case of the P-51 for instance.

None of this should matter to anyone simply using the mod (classnames are not affected).

In conflict with a previous statement it may affect retexture mods depending how they are set up though. For instance if textures or material paths of the mod are linked:  p51d_smdi will have to be changed to sab_fl_p51d_smdi, p51d.rvmat to sab_fl_p51d.rvmat and so on. This is true for all aircraft in the mod.

Release is planned for sometime this weekend

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

v 0.024

- added Hurricane Mk.IID

- updated several interiors
- exhaust stack flame animation speed increased
- temp management modified (engines no longer overheat when idle, will be handled on a plane per plane basis in future)
- loadout options added/changed
- changed internal file name convention (may affect rexture mods)
- minor changes to FW 190 fuselage and UV map (still work in progress, not finished)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

As always Sab fantastic work. thank you sir.

My two favourite mods

• Thanks 1

A new project I started yesterday, early Work In Progress

cQiYQJL.png

aVxI4LJ.png

vjzuW7y.png

QvOf3kG.png

Early texture / UV layout test

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Looking really nice Sab well done. 👍

Hey Sab, I remember a while ago you had a Douglas dolphin in one of your mods ? it was the closet model to a PBY Catalina, will that (dolphin) ever re appear in the future ?

Thank you.

Indeed, looks beautiful in that livery 😍

• Like 1

There is a list of planned items in 2nd post. No plans beyond.

Float/Seaplanes have never really worked well in Arma and seem to work worse any time I test.

There were plans for a fictional Float Hurricane and the float Zero as well as a Martin PBM but does not look like this will happen.

I am the Pilot for a small Fallshirmjaeger and seeing as there are absolutely no Ju52's on the workshop as far as I can tell I must ask if it would be possible to get a jank unpolished version of the Ju52 before it's done, as the C-47s we've been forced to use have been less than ideal...

I hope I'm not violating the no requests rule.

the old 31st mod for arma 2 has a ju-52 and a Lancaster!  it can be ported within literally seconds ,i have done it twice ,the problem now is finding the mod since armaholic is down , the mod owner was called Rip31st or something like that the map within the mod is massive as well (possibly one of the biggest  in arma )  it's a polished version of the Normandy channel map

Hope that helps , i was absolutely TORN when the JU-52 disappeared.

I wish to mod the P-51D airframe to include a clickable cockpit with a startup procedure for fun, am I allowed to do this? I believe I can accomplish it with a patch config and a few scripts, no need for editing model.

• Like 4

Had to read it twice, an actual offer for a contribution, nice!

Anything you can do with a config mod is fine. The steam workshop description/license should say so. Just be sure to read the limitations described in compability paragraph (=perpetual alpha, contents subject to change).

If it turns out that it requires memory points -  it may be possible but could take months till I bother picking it up again.

• Like 5

Glad to hear that attitude, it's rare to see. I'll start my work on it soon :).

• Like 1

v 0.025

hPFTbz1.jpg  scIw7jK.jpg

(examples of bomb launcher update, aircraft not included)

- minor changes to Fw190 and Yak-3 (visually only)

- tracer now every 3 or 5, not every 1 for most weapons

- bomb launchers now drop bombs in a less predictable fashion

- removed experimental phys x support for ordnance

- added some weapons for the secret weapons reloaded mod

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

To support the Secret Weapons Reloaded mod work has begun on redoing some of the carrier based aircraft.

Perhaps some readers may remember my mods are losely based on the games Battlehawks 1942, Their Finest Hour and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

Regarding the Pacific the focus will therefore finally be on the early stages like Coral Sea and Midway.

That was the original plan years ago but was not possible due to lack of the specific aircraft (and carriers).

9hKfw1d.png

Today I have started the F4F.

The Zero should be next and followed at a later stage by the Dauntless.

Val, Kate and Avenger will eventually come back to the Secret Weapons Reloaded.

Spoiler

(Day 1 - inital shape)

iWBqLUu.png

kKt1fil.png

(Day 2 - add details, cut parts)

SxtOESE.png

dViAxBM.png

(Day 3 - add more details, UV mapping)

Psa5D92.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1